Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
lovely_me

☆*・゜゚・*The Official Han Geng (韩庚) Thread*・゜゚・*☆

tumblr_mme9r47rj81rfso2mo1_r1_1280.jpg

Han Geng is a Chinese Mandopop singer and actor. He is skillful in all China's 56 ethnic traditional dances, as well as ballet and hip-hop dance. He has been dubbed "Dancing King" and "King of Popularity" in China.

Han Geng

tumblr_mme9r47rj81rfso2mo2_500.jpg

Chinese: 韩庚

Pinyin: Hán Gēng

Hangul: 한경 (Hankyung)

Birthday: 1984/2/9
Height: 181cm
Weight: 60kg
Blood type: B
Languages Spoken: Chinese, Korean, English
Family: Father, Mother
Interests & Hobbies: Skiing, music, computer games, Gundam
Specialty: Chinese folk dance, ballet, martial arts, Hip-Hop

Motto: æ¯å¤©è¦ä¸æ–­åŠªåŠ› (translation unknown)
Favorite book: 舞者 ("Dancer")
Favorite Food: Hunan Cuisine
Favorite movie: "The Pursuit of Happyness" | "The Shawshank Redemption"

Fanclub Name: Gengfan (庚饭) Literal Meaning: "Geng Rice"

More on fanclub name

The name is a play on words which contains various meanings. One of them is the fact that the word for rice in Chinese sounds like the English word "fan". The other meaning is that because Han Geng is known to love eating, they call themselves his "rice" so they can be his main source of energy. The third meaning is that the word Gengfan when abbreviated, becomes GF, which is also the abbreviation of the word "girlfriend" in English. There are also many sub-classifications of Gengfans such as Sister Fans (Gengfans who are older than him), Geng Knights (male Gengfans), Mother Fans (Gengfans who are mothers), etc. Gengfans generally use the colors yellow and black to represent themselves.

BIO

tumblr_mmfxhlLfGv1rfso2mo3_r1_1280.jpg

He started his career, in 2001, when he was chosen by SM Entertainment (SME) to become a member of South Korean boy band Super Junior, which debuted in 2005, and as the leader of its sub-group Super Junior-M in 2008.

In December 2009 he filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment and asked for termination of his contract on the grounds of overly restrictive and unfair, as well as on grounds of refusal of sick leave, leading to kidney illness. In December 2010, the Seoul District Court ruled in favor of him; however, SM Entertainment filed an appeal. On September 2011, Han Geng's departure from SME and Super Junior was made official with a mutual agreement and representatives from both sides stating "Han Geng and S.M. Entertainment have amicably settled on a mutual agreement, and the lawsuit was able to come to a close after Han Geng submitted his 'Notice of Withdrawal of Appeal'."

On June 22nd, 2010, Han Geng announced his solo career at a press conference at The Great Wall of China, revealing that his album would be titled Geng Xin 庚心, which would be released in stores July 27th across Asia. The name of the album means "Geng's Heart", but is also a play on words, meaning "start anew" as it has the same pronounciation in Chinese. Another meaning icludes the character Geng 庚 in his name that means the evening star Hesperus/Venus (长庚星, Chang Geng Xin), thus the title could also mean "Geng's Star" or "Evening Star".

On June 11, 2012, Han Geng released a preview teaser of his 2nd album, featuring an MV teaser of his title song "ç‹‚è‰ (Wild Cursive)" which displayed a heavy rock feel. The preview announced his return to the Mando-pop scene after taking a year off to focus on his acting career. On June 19, 2012, the official MV for "《狂è‰ã€‹ Wild Cursive" was released. Later in the month, his album tracklist and subsequent songs and MVs including "《å°ä¸‘é¢å…·ã€‹ Clown Mask" and "《背å›çµé­‚》Betrayal of the Soul" were released. Interestingly enough, Han Geng decided to release all of the songs of his second album online before the official release of his second album "《寒更》Hope in the Darkness" on July 29th.

Han Geng also received much love from the Chinese fashion industry in 2011, constantly gracing the covers of top-tier fashion magazines. He is currently the youngest person to ever grace the cover of Harper's BAZAAR China at the age of 26 and the youngest artist for the cover of the MR Hong Kong at the age of 27. He is also the first ever mainland Chinese artist to appear on the cover of L'OFFICIEL HOMMES China, the issue was also a double cover, both featured Han Geng.

For his various contributions to the spread of Chinese culture, Han was chosen as a torch bearer for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, becoming the first boy band member in history to hold this role. Han has also won the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards' best worldwide act.

Music Videos

Wild Cursive

(If I missed an MV, please feel free to tell me so I can update!

Discography

tumblr_mmfxhlLfGv1rfso2mo1_1280.jpg

Geng Xin (庚心)

Released: 27 July 2010

Hope in the Darkness
(寒更)

Released: 29 July 2012

Singles

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo1_1280.jpg

Discography with Super Junior and Super Junior-M

(hyperlinks lead to music videos)

Released: 05 November 2005

"Miracle" from Twins album

Released: 05 November 2005 (song) 26 February 2006 (MV)

"Show Me Your Love" Single with DBSK

Released: 15 December 2005

"U" Single

Released: 7 June 2006

"

" Single from Summer SM Town album 2006

Released: 20 June 2006

"Happiness" Single from Summer SM Town album Fragile

Released: 5 July 2007

Don't Don

Released: 20 September 2007

"Marry U" from Don't Don album

Released: 20 September 2007

Me

Released: 23 April 2008

Sorry, Sorry

Released: 12 March 2009

It's You

Released: 11 May 2009

Super Girl

Released: 23 September 2009

Blue Tomorrow

Released: 7 November 2009

Sorry Sorry Answer

Released: 10 December 2009

Music Video Appearances for Other Artists

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo3_1280.jpg

Filmography

tumblr_mmfxhlLfGv1rfso2mo4_400.jpgtumblr_mmfxhlLfGv1rfso2mo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo2_1280.jpg

Awards

tumblr_mmfxhlLfGv1rfso2mo2_r1_400.jpg

Music Awards

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo7_1280.jpg

Acting Awards

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo4_1280.jpg

Other Awards

tumblr_mmed1rhjl81rfso2mo5_1280.jpg

Websites

Han Geng Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/realhangeng

Han Geng Official Weibo: http://weibo.com/hangeng

Han Geng Official Site: http://www.chinahangeng.com

Han Geng Fansite Tumblr: http://geng-bao.net

Han Geng Fansite Twitter: http://twitter.com/geng_bao

Han Geng Fansite LiveJournal: http://geng-bao.livejournal.com

Information courtesy of official site and Wikipedia

Pictures courtesy of geng-bao.net

tumblr_mme9r47rj81rfso2mo3_500.jpg

(✿◕‿◕✿)

Edited by lovely_me
  • Like 4

HanGeng!!!
All grown up!!!

A thread for the awesome Hangeng, though I miss him in Super Junior, I am so glad he's doing really well in his career ^^

Thanks for creating this thread :)

I want to update it, but HAN GENG IS ALWAYS DOING SOMETHING

AND I'M SO LAZY BECAUSE OF IT. THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!!

A sister needs some help orz

Ahaha I know right? He's busier now than ever~

Don't worry, I will help you update news whenever I can, and spazz about Geng 24/7!

I didn't really like that photoshoot lol. When I saw the pictures, I was like ew XD

It makes Geng look like he's 38 or something hahaha.

I would post his blog updates, but I can't be bothered, he blogs too much x_x

He was in Hong Kong today for his So Young promotions. That's all  :hurr:

Well I'm not xP

idk I just wanted a location and didn't want to put where I was lol

Ah hahahaha.

His 1st album was amazing. Love him to death. lol He's so handsome that it hurts. 

Yupp. Right in the kokoro.

[2013. 06. 03] Hangeng L'Official Marry Me Season Event

tumblr_mnumytFa5O1rl1ahyo1_500.jpgtumblr_mnumz28gfe1rl1ahyo1_500.jpgtumblr_mnumzbpUGw1rl1ahyo1_500.jpgtumblr_mnurw6L3oK1rsrg30o2_500.jpgtumblr_mnurw6L3oK1rsrg30o1_500.jpgtumblr_mnurzime4p1rsrg30o1_500.jpgtumblr_mnv16jtcLw1qa4sh8o2_500.jpgtumblr_mnv16jtcLw1qa4sh8o1_500.jpgtumblr_mnv1cgBxF91qa4sh8o4_500.jpgtumblr_mnv1koLTW41qa4sh8o1_500.jpg

Hangeng what's with all these events you're attending these days. So much news . Please rest bb  :soul:

"Han Geng’s acting in “So Young†is praised and he receives many invitations to new movies.
- In the interview, Han Geng confirms that he will join a movie in July. Currently, he is being treated for his waist and spine injuries while preparing for his world concert on June 15."

---
I hope he's okay  :omg:

"Han Geng’s acting in “So Young†is praised and he receives many invitations to new movies.
- In the interview, Han Geng confirms that he will join a movie in July. Currently, he is being treated for his waist and spine injuries while preparing for his world concert on June 15."

---
I hope he's okay  :omg:

:wth: Oh my... Take care plz.

I'm ecstatic that his movie did so well, last time I read it was in the top 10 highest grossing movies in China~  :ahmagah:

I'm ecstatic that his movie did so well, last time I read it was in the top 10 highest grossing movies in China~  :ahmagah:

I read that too, so happy for him. Plus Hannie's dream has come true at last, since he said he had always wanted to be an actor~~

I really want to watch So Young righ now aggghh.

I read that too, so happy for him. Plus Hannie's dream has come true at last, since he said he had always wanted to be an actor~~

I really want to watch So Young righ now aggghh.

Argh I'm cut because So Young was released in New Zealand but not in Australia. Its the same movie outlet/company too. D: So close yet so far.  :cry:

Argh I'm cut because So Young was released in New Zealand but not in Australia. Its the same movie outlet/company too. D: So close yet so far.  :cry:

Oh yeah it was wasn't it? Unlucky you XD Just get a flight to NZ just to watch it  :hurr:

Hopefully someone will get their hands on the movie soon and be able to sub it so everyone can watch it too.

Have you seen My Kingdom then?