• Please log in to reply
20770 replies to this topic

#20761 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM

This morning I saw akbのCD trending on Japan Twitter. Something abt fan throwing more than 500cds at a mountain. I didn't understand much but I thought what a waste. I wonder why the person didn't sell it back. Or at least give it away.

I just looked it up. It seems that some AKB fans who mass buy CDs for Election tickets just leave their extra copies of the CDs on mountains as a way of getting rid of them. It seems to have been a regular thing that just didn't come to light until now. They found some 600 copies of their last single so far. 

Honestly, if they don't want them that badly, I would have taken them. But damn, I knew people bought way more albums than they would ever need, but I just assumed they would just throw them away in like the trash.

#20762 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,444 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Hitoto Yo performed "Morai Naki" on Premium MelodiX! and it made me think of:

It's still funny!

#20763 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,768 posts
  • LocationDublin (Ireland)

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM

I just looked it up. It seems that some AKB fans who mass buy CDs for Election tickets just leave their extra copies of the CDs on mountains as a way of getting rid of them. It seems to have been a regular thing that just didn't come to light until now. They found some 600 copies of their last single so far. 

Honestly, if they don't want them that badly, I would have taken them. But damn, I knew people bought way more albums than they would ever need, but I just assumed they would just throw them away in like the trash.

I think it has to do more with symbolism, like burning and throwing as an act of rage and disappointment rather than recycling and being more practical in general.

#20764 telecasterstripes

telecasterstripes

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

This morning I saw akbのCD trending on Japan Twitter. Something abt fan throwing more than 500cds at a mountain. I didn't understand much but I thought what a waste. I wonder why the person didn't sell it back. Or at least give it away.

Oh I saw this. He (they?) said they were having trouble getting rid of it or something lol.

#20765 Apple_Rin

Apple_Rin

Idol

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

I kinda wanna see a video of that.https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

But it's their money I guess. Spend it how you please. I'm just angry that they're littering.

you can search the key word AKBのCD on twitter search and they will give u news article. there's photo of the cds.

true, even if i am not a fan of AKB, if it's a free cd, i want it! they could just hand it out for free at flea market or maybe give to school as donation? you know like giving teaching aid to school that teach japanese overseas. it can serve as promotion as well for akb.

Oh I saw this. He (they?) said they were having trouble getting rid of it or something lol.

i dont know. i wonder why he didn't just throw it legally. there must be a way to throw unwanted cds in japan.

#20766 MomsLeftNipple

MomsLeftNipple

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationMom's Sexy Victoria's Secret Lingerie

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 PM

No matter what happens...whenever Ayumi Hamasaki sings her by now well known SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL medley at her concerts she further cements J-Pop legendary history, and no matter people's opinion of Ayu, they will never be able to to take that away from her...

#20767 愛してる

愛してる

火星人

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Location黄泉

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

So, I tried going on to some of the old websites I used to frequent to get some Japanese music, but I can't find them anymore. I don't know what happened, but if anyone would be kind enough, could you please PM me with some links to website you download Japanese music from, please?

So, I tried going on to some of the old websites I used to frequent to get some Japanese music, but I can't find them anymore. I don't know what happened, but if anyone would be kind enough, could you please PM me with some links to website you download Japanese music from, please?

#20768 davidguy

davidguy

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

ronald made an article about the CDs lmao

http://aramajapan.co...-585-cds/81566/

#20769 Apple_Rin

Apple_Rin

Idol

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

ronald made an article about the CDs lmao

http://aramajapan.co...-585-cds/81566/

i saw that XD

this wouldn't made the news if the genius didn't leave the name & address on the box. that part got me laughing despite how sad the situation is. I mean the artist, the producers, the song writers all must have felt bad abt this. Isn't it like an insult to their work.

#20770 davidguy

davidguy

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

i saw that XD

this wouldn't made the news if the genius didn't leave the name & address on the box. that part got me laughing despite how sad the situation is. I mean the artist, the producers, the song writers all must have felt bad abt this. Isn't it like an insult to their work.

I'm pretty sure everyone involved is very much aware of the bulk order buying that happens, especially with election singles. I think this guy is just really dumb.

#20771 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,444 posts

Posted Today, 01:33 AM

JPS and Google

Up, Up and Away!