• Please log in to reply
20273 replies to this topic

#20261 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

It isn't being counted on Korea's Gaon Album Chart because the Korean Music Content Industry Association, the compiler of Gaon's data, cites "copyright law that sees an album as a physical object with music." GD's USB doesn't actually contain the music, it has links to download the music, so it doesn't fall under their definition of an album.

People are so bitter about it too. But like, if it doesn't actually have the songs on it, it's clearly not an album.

I saw some fans trying to claim that its bc the industry hates Big Bang and is out to get them, but like...that is the furthest thing from the truth

#20262 Sun☼Shine

Sun☼Shine

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Seems like someone tried to post Twice's video in the J-form. But someone already beat them to it in the K-forum, so we don't have to go through the whole "this doesn't belong here" spiel thankfully.

#20263 Apple_Rin

Apple_Rin

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

I am so disappointed in Twice's japanese song. When I watch it, i kept reminding myself that it was in japanese because most of the time i couldn't get what they are trying to say. even the japanese members. 

#20264 Sun☼Shine

Sun☼Shine

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

I am so disappointed in Twice's japanese song. When I watch it, i kept reminding myself that it was in japanese because most of the time i couldn't get what they are trying to say. even the japanese members.

I wonder if the Japanese members sound like that because they're probably being coached by people who only speak Korean while recording the song; even though those members would be fine on their own.

#20265 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,584 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:22 PM (Edited by DocumentaLy, 20 June 2017 - 10:29 PM.)

WTF is 1:12? And 2:26? I don't think even Perfume has had their vocals processed this much.

Same.

#20266 Apple_Rin

Apple_Rin

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 AM

[Reaction of J-netz in response to whether TWICE is really as popular in Japan:
[+1748, -18] They’re just force-feeding.
[+756, -20] I’ve never seen or heard of them.
[+312, -2] Correction, they’re the most popular group in South Korea but in Japan, only a small portion of K-POP fans, and the media who received advertisement fees are making a big deal out of it. K-POP is popular to a small group of people but the news saying “People all over Japan are…” is false. Don’t misunderstand.
[+222, -5] If they were active in South Korea, became popular, their name became well-known, and they gained fans in Japan, I would understand. But they’re not well known and haven’t done sh*t but are “very popular in Japan!” Aren’t they’re being too blatant?
[+174, 15] SNSD’s Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun, and although she’s an ex-member, Jessica are good at singing. But TWICE who is supposedly going to “surpass” SNSD is very lacking when it comes to singing. The leader? Is treated like she is the best singer, but she just has volume but isn’t good."

LOL BTS&Ikon got dragged into it as well:
[+644, -57] I bet they’re gonna use the same gimmicks as BTS to sell (high touch/handshake events) and brag that they won against someone. I feel bad for Kame and Yamapi, I hate BTS, all they do it high touch/handshake events.
[+69, -6] Last week they (a program called ZIP) were introducing a K-POP group that I’ve never heard of by saying “They’re a globally popular group that surpasses Justin Bieber”. It’s very clearly a lie but they’re force feeding us with it.
[+328, -5] We don’t need a popularity that is manufactured like the South Korean group that won the rookie award from Record Taisho (Ikon right?).
—->[+62, -2] That was the first and last time I saw them… What was with that, seriously lol. That group couldn’t even be force-fed to us.]

^above is someone post in bashing thread. They really shouldn't media play being so popular in Japan.

Maybe original Japanese song is better. But then I kinda like mine kyun by AOA. It wasn't as bad as Twice TT.

#20267 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 AM

tbf about the JRA thing and ikon. Like yeah, the award was obviously bought, but its not like any of the other nominees had any public impact. It would have been the "first and last time" most people saw any of them.

#20268 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,584 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:12 AM

[Reaction of J-netz in response to whether TWICE is really as popular in Japan:
[+1748, -18] They’re just force-feeding.
[+756, -20] I’ve never seen or heard of them.
[+312, -2] Correction, they’re the most popular group in South Korea but in Japan, only a small portion of K-POP fans, and the media who received advertisement fees are making a big deal out of it. K-POP is popular to a small group of people but the news saying “People all over Japan are…” is false. Don’t misunderstand.
[+222, -5] If they were active in South Korea, became popular, their name became well-known, and they gained fans in Japan, I would understand. But they’re not well known and haven’t done sh*t but are “very popular in Japan!” Aren’t they’re being too blatant?
[+174, 15] SNSD’s Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun, and although she’s an ex-member, Jessica are good at singing. But TWICE who is supposedly going to “surpass” SNSD is very lacking when it comes to singing. The leader? Is treated like she is the best singer, but she just has volume but isn’t good."

LOL BTS&Ikon got dragged into it as well:
[+644, -57] I bet they’re gonna use the same gimmicks as BTS to sell (high touch/handshake events) and brag that they won against someone. I feel bad for Kame and Yamapi, I hate BTS, all they do it high touch/handshake events.
[+69, -6] Last week they (a program called ZIP) were introducing a K-POP group that I’ve never heard of by saying “They’re a globally popular group that surpasses Justin Bieber”. It’s very clearly a lie but they’re force feeding us with it.
[+328, -5] We don’t need a popularity that is manufactured like the South Korean group that won the rookie award from Record Taisho (Ikon right?).
—->[+62, -2] That was the first and last time I saw them… What was with that, seriously lol. That group couldn’t even be force-fed to us.]

^above is someone post in bashing thread. They really shouldn't media play being so popular in Japan.

Maybe original Japanese song is better. But then I kinda like mine kyun by AOA. It wasn't as bad as Twice TT.

Nobody is saying Twice is big in Japan besides KPop fans and the media that wants to make money off of them.

#20269 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,584 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:17 AM

tbf about the JRA thing and ikon. Like yeah, the award was obviously bought, but its not like any of the other nominees had any public impact. It would have been the "first and last time" most people saw any of them.

Keyakizaka46 is the only debut of last year that had any real impact. Honestly, I don't even know why Japan has Best New Artist awards because it's not as if acts really have an impact from debut.

#20270 Apple_Rin

Apple_Rin

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Nobody is saying Twice is big in Japan besides KPop fans and the media that wants to make money off of them.

i saw the comments in netizen nation, can't help but smh. it's no use telling them, we are all just haters in their eyes. u can't knock sense into those who aren't really listening.

#20271 Midna

Midna

♥︎Team Matsupi♥︎

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,917 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:18 AM

TT was disappointing but I'll still bop to YAMETE YAMETE

ICONIC

#20272 whitedove

whitedove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 AM

It isn't being counted on Korea's Gaon Album Chart because the Korean Music Content Industry Association, the compiler of Gaon's data, cites "copyright law that sees an album as a physical object with music." GD's USB doesn't actually contain the music, it has links to download the music, so it doesn't fall under their definition of an album.

Ah so that's why.

#20273 DaeByun

DaeByun

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

TT was disappointing but I'll still bop to YAMETE YAMETE

ICONIC

REAL TBH

#20274 Midna

Midna

♥︎Team Matsupi♥︎

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,917 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

WTF is 1:12? And 2:26? I don't think even Perfume has had their vocals processed this much.

Same.

What did they do to Momo's voice ??!?!

Up, Up and Away!