Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Official make-up thread

I'm really pale and have hazel eyes so I think black looks harsh.

I also noticed that brown eyeliner doesn't last long T.T

Definitely go for brown then and I guess keep the pencil handy.

Have you ever tried other colours? Like metallics?

These days, brighteners are all the rage for day-wear because they make you look really fresh and clean and even if they start wearing off, the effect stays.

Black eyeliner or brown eyeliner?

Would it be weird to wear black eyeliner on the top lid and brown eyeliner on the water line?

I am also pale and I think we have a similar eyecolour. I'd go for black BUT depending on how heavy you wear it.. And what type of eyeliner you pick.

I never use eyeliner on my waterline because it makes the eyes look smaller. 

Liquid eyeliner looks heavy.. I usually use black eyeshadow with an angled brush (best) ooor I use a kohl-pencil eyeliner but then I smudge it a bit with the same angled brush. With eyeshadow or kohl-pencil it can look heavy if you want but it can also look natural and sweeter.

:)

I am also pale and I think we have a similar eyecolour. I'd go for black BUT depending on how heavy you wear it.. And what type of eyeliner you pick.

I never use eyeliner on my waterline because it makes the eyes look smaller. 

Liquid eyeliner looks heavy.. I usually use black eyeshadow with an angled brush (best) ooor I use a kohl-pencil eyeliner but then I smudge it a bit with the same angled brush. With eyeshadow or kohl-pencil it can look heavy if you want but it can also look natural and sweeter.

:)

Okay thanks :D

Guest KimJisoo
Is there any drugstore or sephora or Macy's foundation comparable to MAC?
I am a NC15 in Mac foundation and I have the hardest time finding foundation because everything in the stores are way too dark for my face or are too oily or are fake looking :/
The reason why I want a new one is because of all the chemicals in Mac and I think it kinda smells like vagina wipes

I love this thread!  :lol:

He's one of the best beauty gurus I've come across yet. His videos are very useful and well explained.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91emMAD1iM[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IunkBu5L7z0[/media]

I am a NC15 in Mac foundation and I have the hardest time finding foundation because everything in the stores are way too dark for my face or are too oily or are fake looking :/
The reason why I want a new one is because of all the chemicals in Mac and I think it kinda smells like vagina wipes

Mac uses chemicals? I didn't know that. I am not too sure about drug-store make-up but I read somewhere that Dita von Teese uses Loreal true match. Otherwise I have only heard good things about Chanel lumiere aqua foundation. 

I think it's too harsh for daytime unless it's just on the top lid but I like to wear eyeliner on my water line so...

I'm a noob when it comes to make up.

Try gel eyeliner. I use Inglot's gel eyeliner on water line and it stays there so much better than pencils, doesn't fade away.

I'm really pale and have hazel eyes so I think black looks harsh.

I also noticed that brown eyeliner doesn't last long T.T

I have similar skin colour as yours as well. I recommend urban decay's 24/7 glide on eye pencils. they're really easy to apply and stay really long if you use eye primer before you apply your eye make up. If you want something cheaper go for ulta's gel eyeliner pencils. (plus, i've seen that they have a good deal going on on their website, buy 2 get 2 free!)  :D

if we're still talking about eyeliner,

would it be too harsh to wear black in the daytime if I have black hair and doo-doo colored eyes?

I always thought it looked wear when I'd wear brown eyeliner, even though I'm pretty pale.

would it be too harsh to wear black in the daytime if I have black hair and doo-doo colored eyes?

I always thought it looked wear when I'd wear brown eyeliner, even though I'm pretty pale.

i use black eyeliner on a daily basis.. and personally i think it'll stand out more on pale skin(pale skin ftw<3) especially if you're going more for like a winged eyeliner sort of thing. <3

• Like 2

this is a great video for foundation for people with pale skin~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQHn-uOWfw

• Like 1

i use black eyeliner on a daily basis.. and personally i think it'll stand out more on pale skin(pale skin ftw<3) especially if you're going more for like a winged eyeliner sort of thing. <3

yess I love winged.

I'm just curious, what do you guys think about colorful eyeliner? all the girls at my school are using bright blues and purples on their lower lash lines on a daily basis and I just  :._.:

if i use anything colored i tend to use it on top. i've seen those trends in seventeen i think?

&nbsp;

I want to know something:
Why many of you have that fixation with Korean cosmetics?
No, it's not in the negative sense. I just want to know the reason and maybe I can join the club, too.

&nbsp;

Actually I don't get the hype about Korean cosmetics. Only good thing about them is that they're cheap and good packaging that's it. They're eyeshadows are meh, lipstick's ok, but they're skin care are ok and some of them are great. Most Korean BB creams are usually gray shades though.

No it wouldn't! I'm very pale and have dark/black hair and I'm using black eyeliner every day.

Out of the american bb creams, besides maybelline, i wanna try something for pale skin with some spf protection, which brands are good?

Out of the american bb creams, besides maybelline, i wanna try something for pale skin with some spf protection, which brands are good?

You should try Sleek Be Beautiful BB Cream. It's a British brand and its products are really good.

I don't think you can find it locally but they ship internationally.

Western BB creams are bad imo but theirs is the exception for me~

Total crap on my part here. 

Edited by Ghettoe

Contrary to what one user in this thread has said about their experience with ordering from Benefit...

I've ordered on 2 occasions with no problems. Both were big orders and delivery took about 2-3 weeks. I live in Australia.

Ordering there is so much cheaper than buying it in department stores here. Plus I didn't pay any shipping fees (shipping's free for orders over $125)

Beautybay takes 3-4 weeks and I've ordered from them 3 times. 

Both aforementioned sites charge international transaction fees if you live in Aus (it's small but jsyk)

Not really about make up but I thought you guys would give good advice.

So I have brown hair (medium) which is currently dyed but the color is pretty much the same just a bit darker and black eyebrows and I was thinking about dying them the same color as my hair. Should I?

I just think it would be fun to see how I look with lighter eyebrows but I'm worried about them looking weird after the color fades and stuff.

Not really about make up but I thought you guys would give good advice.

So I have brown hair (medium) which is currently dyed but the color is pretty much the same just a bit darker and black eyebrows and I was thinking about dying them the same color as my hair. Should I?

I just think it would be fun to see how I look with lighter eyebrows but I'm worried about them looking weird after the color fades and stuff.

honestly, i wouldn't recommend it. when the colours fades out then you'd have to go back and do it again. or even fill in those dark spots with a colour that matches the dye well. if you do them anyways.

i've seen this product, and i've swatched it before. and it's a pretty good tinted brow gel:

(from the anastasia brow line, their products are amazing!) <3333

p-16136-01.jpg

honestly, i wouldn't recommend it. when the colours fades out then you'd have to go back and do it again. or even fill in those dark spots with a colour that matches the dye well. if you do them anyways.

Thanks n__n

Guest KimJisoo

Does anyone know what products mean when they say "brightening"? 
sounds like a more accepted term of whitening tbh

I'm also wondering, how can you tell if you got the real skin79 bb cream? I heard there's fakes everywhere

Does anyone know what products mean when they say "brightening"? 
sounds like a more accepted term of whitening tbh

I'm also wondering, how can you tell if you got the real skin79 bb cream? I heard there's fakes everywhere

Watch this for the BB cream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nacexJ2eWzY

And read these:

http://beautyscribbles.blogspot.se/2012/06/bb-cream-swatches-review-skin79-and.html

http://thesimplelifehere.blogspot.se/2012/08/real-or-fake-skin79-bb-cream.html

From what I know of brightening I would say that is does not bleach you skin or whiten your skin but.. more brightens the complexion a bit and makes the skin tone more even. It gives a fresh glow... I would say! 

Guest KimJisoo

Watch this for the BB cream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nacexJ2eWzY

And read these:

http://beautyscribbles.blogspot.se/2012/06/bb-cream-swatches-review-skin79-and.html

http://thesimplelifehere.blogspot.se/2012/08/real-or-fake-skin79-bb-cream.html

From what I know of brightening I would say that is does not bleach you skin or whiten your skin but.. more brightens the complexion a bit and makes the skin tone more even. It gives a fresh glow... I would say! 

I got the fake  :soul:  :>_>:  :omgwtf:  :shock:  :horror: 
I PAID $30 FOR A FAKE WHAAAAAAT