Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

34 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Bebop Member?

OFFICIAL BEBOP THREAD

bebop-group-e1393690892731.jpg

__________________ BIOGRAPHY _________________

BEBOP IS A GIRL BAND FORMED BY THE MEMBERS" JIIN, JUWOO, AND AYEON. BEFORE THEIR DEBUT, BEBOP AND HUMMING URBAND STEREO RELEASED A PROJECT SONG CALLED "MAEM MAEM". AS A FOLOW UP TO THAT THEY RECORDED THE SONG "PRETTY BOY" AS AN OST FOR THE DRAMA "PRETTY MAN". THEY OFFICIALLY DEBUTED ON FEBRUARY 13, 2014 UNDER THE RECORD LABEL LOEN ENTERTAINMENT  AND AFFILIATE LABEL HMI ENTERTAINMENT WITH THE SONG "I'M THE BEST". THE NAME BEBOP WAS MADE UP BY THEIR BOSS AND IT STANDS FOR "BE BEST OF POP".

___________________ MEMBERS _________________

tumblr_n12fbqVmmq1tt3yb5o1_500.jpg

__________________ AYEON _________________

STAGE NAME: AYEON (ì•„ì—°) 

POSITION: DRUMS & VOCAL (FORMER LEADER)

BIRTH DATE: JUNE 6, 1990

HEIGHT: 162cm

SNS: INSTAGRAM

FUN FACTS

★COMPOSED AND PRODUCED SONGS SINCE 2010. 

★ HER MOTTOS ARE: "DON'T BE LAZY" AND "ACTION!", WHENEVER SHE SETS A GOAL.

★ HAD A CAMEO IN THE DRAMA "예ìœë‚¨ìž" (PRETTY MAN) AS ONE OF KWIJI'S FRIENDS 

ALONGSIDE JUWOO AND JIIN.

★ CASTED FOR THE ROLE OF SON SOOJI IN THE DRAMA "ë‚´ì¼ë„ 칸타빌레 (TOMORROW'S CANTABILE)" BASED ON THE POPULAR JAPANESE MANGA "NODAME CANTABILE" BY TOMOKO NINOMIYA. 

★ WHEN SHE FIRST STARTED TO PLAY THE DRUMS SHE WENT ONLINE TO TEACH HERSELF HOW TO PLAY. SHE SAYS "I DON'T THINK I'M GOOD ENOUGH TO BE COMPARED TO OTHER DRUMMERS. HOWEVER ITS FUN AND I'M ABLE TO SHOW A TRUE IMAGE OF MYSELF, WHICH IS WHY I LOVE DRUMMING. DEPENDING ON YOUR BODY ACTIONS AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS YOU CAN CREATE A MOOD, AND I WANT TO MAKE AN EXCITING PERFORMANCE EVERY TIME." 

★ COMPOSED AND WROTE THE SONG "ORDINARY DAY" (INCLUDED IN BEBOP'S 2ND MINI ALBUM). SHE SAYS THE MESSAGE IN THIS SONG IS "WHILE IN A DREAM SHE IS DREAMING OF A ONE-SIDED LOVE. ALSO, EVEN THOUGH THEIR MINI ALBUM IS CALLED "SPECIAL DAY", IT ACTUALLY CONSISTS OF HEARTBREAK SONGS BECAUSE "WHEN THEY ARE WITH A SIGNIFICANT OTHER ITS A SPECIAL DAY BUT AFTER A BREAK UP EVERYDAY IS AN ORDINARY DAY." 

★ IN AN INTERVIEW, SHE ONCE SAID THAT SHE'D LIKE TO COLLABORATE WITH BIG BANG'S G-DRAGON.

★ DURING AUGUST 2015 AYEON TOOK PART IN A COLLAB GROUP "GLOBAL ROCKSTAR" (BASICALLY 6 DIFFERENT ARTISTS FROM SIX DIFFERENT CONTINENTS THAT WERE BROUGHT TOGETHER IN VIENNA TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A SONG WITH THE THEME "MUSIC HAS NO BORDERS".) FOR THE SONG AYEON NOT ONLY PLAYED THE DRUMS BUT ALSO RAPPED.YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT THIS HERE AND HERE.

500px-80181132.jpg

__________________ JUWOO ________________

STAGE NAME: JUWOO (주우)

POSITION: GUITAR, VOCAL, MAKNAE

BIRTH DATE: FEBRUARY 6, 1995

HEIGHT: 168cm

FUN FACTS

★ GREW UP WITH HER GRANDPARENTS.

★ PLAYED THE GUITAR FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS.

★ PARTICIPATED ON KBS' TALENT SHOW "GLOBAL SUPER IDOL".

★ HER MOTHER PASSED AWAY WHEN SHE WAS ONLY 8 MONTHS OLD.

★ IN AN INTERVIEW SHE ONCE SAID SHE'D LIKE TO COLLABORATE WITH CNBLUE.

★ HAD A CAMEO IN THE DRAMA "예ìœë‚¨ìž" (PRETTY MAN) AS ONE OF KWIJI'S FRIENDS 

ALONGSIDE AYEON AND JIIN.

★ COMPOSED AND WROTE THE SONG "I DO" (INCLUDED IN BEBOP'S 2ND MINI ALBUM)".

★ HER NEW YEARS RESOLUTION FOR 2015 WAS "SPEAK WHATEVER I WANT, DO WHATEVER I WANT".

_______________ FORMER MEMBERS _______________

500px-80181133.jpg\

____________________ JIIN _________________

STAGE NAME: JIIN (지ì¸) 

POSITION: BASS, VOCAL, LEADER 

BIRTH DATE: MARCH 13,1992

HEIGHT: 167cm

EDUCATION: ANYANG ART HIGH SCHOOL (THEATER & MUSIC)

SPECIALTIES: SPORT DANCE, ACTING, SINGING

YEARS ACTIVE: FEBRUARY 14,2014 (DEBUT) - OCTOBER 17, 2015

ON OCTOBER 17, 2015, JIIN ANNOUNCED ON BEBOP'S FANCAFE THAT SHE WAS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE BAND. HOWEVER SHE IS GREATFUL FOR HER SHORT TIME AS A MEMBER OF BEBOP AND SHE WILL STILL BE ACTIVE IN THE INDUSTRY AS AN ACTRESS. CLICK HERE FOR A TRANSLATION OF HER FANCAFE POST

FUN FACTS

★ LAST MEMBER TO JOIN THE BAND.

★ LIKES: GIRAFFES, CATS, AND GOING ON TRIPS.

★ DISLIKES: SPIDERS, INSECTS BUGS, CARROTS, AND LIES.

★ RELEASED AN OST FOR THE GAME "ARGO" CALLED "

".

★ HER HOBBIES INCLUDE: COOKING, LISTENING TO MUSIC, AND WATCHING MOVIES.

★ COMPOSED AND WROTE THE SONG "좋겠다’" (INCLUDED IN BEBOP'S 2ND MINI ALBUM).

★ HAD A CAMEO IN THE DRAMA "예ìœë‚¨ìž" (PRETTY MAN) AS ONE OF KWIJI'S FRIENDS

ALONGSIDE JUWOO AND AYEON.

★ FORMER MEMBER OF GIRL'S DAY. SHE LEFT THE GROUP TWO MONTHS AFTER THEIR DEBUT.

★  HER MOTTO IS" "LET'S NOT REGRET!", HOWEVER SHE DOES REGRET SMALL THINGS LIKE WHEN SHE SEES A CERTAIN FOOD AND DOESN'T EAT IT BUT LATER ON SHE'LL SAY SOMETHING LIKE "I SHOULD HAVE EATEN THAT"

★ IN  AN INTERVIEW SHE ONCE SAID SHE'D LIKE TO HAVE A COLLABORATION WITH RAPPERS LIKE VASCO OR BOBBY.

____________________ MUSIC VIDEOS ________________

TO THE MOON (AYEON AS PART OF GLOBAL ROCKSTAR)

ORDINARY DAY

I'M THE BEST (DEBUT)

___________________ DISCOGRAPHY _________________

MINI ALBUMS

"SPECIAL DAY"

TRACKLIST:

★ 1. ORDINARY DAY

2. DREAM ON
3. I DO 
4. 좋겠다 
5. ORDINARY DAY (INST.) 

"BETWEEN CALM AND PASSION"

TRACKLIST:

1. ARTISTS

★ 2. I'M THE BEST

3. OH MY BOY

4. BE LAZY 

5. I'M THE BEST (INST.)

____________________ CAMEOS __________________

________________ COLLABORATIONS ______________

_____________________ OSTS ___________________

HELLO BOY (HAEUNDAE LOVERS)

(PRETTY MAN)

__________________ OFFICIAL SITES _______________

FACEBOOK | TWITTER YOUTUBE | DAUM CAFE

_______________ BEBOP FAN WEBPAGES ____________

FYBEBOPBAND | FREEANGEL LEE | BEBOPBAND| BEBOPAN (FANCAFE)

Edited by c h i k i
  • Like 4

________________________ VIDEOS _____________________

BEBOP

★[RADIO] SOUND-K'S STAR DATE

★1ST FANMEETING

★ 

★[PREDEBUT] 

★ [COVER] 

★

★ [COVER] 

★ [COVER] 

AYEON

JIIN

★ [OST]"

"

★ [COVER] 

JUWOO

★[TV] 

★ [COVER] 

____________________ TRANSLATIONS _________________

LYRICS

INTERVIEW

★ [A-YEON] "VAAN ONLINE 2" - GAME CHOSUN

★ [bEBOP] 140408 - NAVER

★ [bEBOP] 140308 - WSTAR NEWS

Edited by c h i k i

I kept an eye on them because Jiin was a former member of GsD but I stayed for there music ^_^

Ayeon has really grabbed my attention :)

Stay for the same reason. Out them Ayeon is my bias but I like them all. I like their energy on stage, they look like they are enjoying themselves everytime.

ju woo is my bias ^^  has she gone back to black?

i know she ws blonde at one point *shivers*

anyhow looking forward to more by them

Stay for the same reason. Out them Ayeon is my bias but I like them all. I like their energy on stage, they look like they are enjoying themselves everytime.

Yeah thats what I noticed aswel there always so cheery even on all there street performances.

Just having a good time :)

Yay they finally get a thread! I like them all, but I think my fave is Ju Woo

• Like 1

ju woo is my bias ^^  has she gone back to black?

i know she ws blonde at one point *shivers*

anyhow looking forward to more by them

Not black but a darker shade of blond, according to their last facebook post. Gosh that blonde noodle hair was tragic :unsure:

I got this from a reddit bebop page:

"Things have been a bit too quiet around Bebop lately, so in a true cross-subreddit collaboration a few of us got together to reach out to them and learn what the band has been up to. With their press contact information fortunately publically available,/u/jyp_ from /r/Korean very kindly lent us his native-speaking skills and struck up a short phone conversation with their manager, Bok Ji-won. Turns out that Bebop are currently busy working on a new album - the release date isn't known yet, but at least now we have something to look forward to :)" CR

So hopefully it doesn't take long.

Edited by c h i k i
  • Like 2

Yay they finally get a thread! I like them all, but I think my fave is Ju Woo

Welcome :smile:

Ji in for me.

I'll just leave this here..

Hi, Thanks for sharing that video.

Edited by c h i k i

Welcome :smile:

Hi, Thanks for sharing that video.

No problem, I've been slightly lurking Bebop ever since I'm The Best MV came out. I absolutely love how they've been using busking to promote themselves, something fresh out of kpop. Be Lazy is my favorite song from them.

No problem, I've been slightly lurking Bebop ever since I'm The Best MV came out. I absolutely love how they've been using busking to promote themselves, something fresh out of kpop. Be Lazy is my favorite song from them.

I like it, was that Ju Woo rapping there? Btw this may sound dumb but what is busking?

I like it, was that Ju Woo rapping there? Btw this may sound dumb but what is busking?

Definitely is Ju Woo, I don't think Ayeon does any vocals for any of their songs. Don't worry it's not dumb, busking is basically street performing (usually for money.)

Definitely is Ju Woo, I don't think Ayeon does any vocals for any of their songs. Don't worry it's not dumb, busking is basically street performing (usually for money.)

Thanks for clarifying that. Yeah its certainly some different for kpop. Its good promo in my opinion too. Lots of different people can check them out. I can't wait for their next release!

Thanks for clarifying that. Yeah its certainly some different for kpop. Its good promo in my opinion too. Lots of different people can check them out. I can't wait for their next release!

No problem. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than advertising on TV and stuff. Plus, hearing someone's actual vocals is uncommon in kpop, they usually have the MR to hide behind if their voice isn't that strong (especially for a group who just debuted.) Which is why I really fell for them, live instruments, real vocals, beautiful ladies, what more could I ask for. I'm super stoked for their next release too.

No problem. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than advertising on TV and stuff. Plus, hearing someone's actual vocals is uncommon in kpop, they usually have the MR to hide behind if their voice isn't that strong (especially for a group who just debuted.) Which is why I really fell for them, live instruments, real vocals, beautiful ladies, what more could I ask for. I'm super stoked for their next release too.

Now that you mention it like this, they really ARE a rare group. I mean I always knew this but I neve. really thought about them like this before. It makes them all the more special since their performances are raw and their able to interact more with fans from the start.

Ayeon did record vocals for

, one of their electronica collaborations with Humming Urban Stereo - which was before Ji-In joined the group and took over lead vocals.

Happy to see a Bebop thread on OneHallyu btw! I run the Bebop subreddit which was referenced earlier.

, one of their electronica collaborations with Humming Urban Stereo - which was before Ji-In joined the group and took over lead vocals.

Happy to see a Bebop thread on OneHallyu btw! I run the Bebop subreddit which was referenced earlier.

I completely forgot about Maem Maem... It was actually the first song I heard from them. (I actually left a comment on that video 11 months ago now that I look at it.) It would be nice to hear more of Ayeon's voice, but I'm sure it's not easy to drum and sing at the same time. 

Now that you mention it like this, they really ARE a rare group. I mean I always knew this but I neve. really thought about them like this before. It makes them all the more special since their performances are raw and their able to interact more with fans from the start.

A rare breed indeed. I'm not a fan of lip syncing, or even using MR, so they really stood out to me - and how many groups play an instrument. They had fancams of them uploaded before their actual debut; that's some nice free advertisement. And yea, even though I can't understand anything, they're always talking to the crowd during their performances which is really nice to see.

Hi, welcome to the thread and OneHallyu :D No wonder your username seemed familiar. Its really cool thay you guys were able to contact Bebop's people.

A rare breed indeed. I'm not a fan of lip syncing, or even using MR, so they really stood out to me - and how many groups play an instrument. They had fancams of them uploaded before their actual debut; that's some nice free advertisement. And yea, even though I can't understand anything, they're always talking to the crowd during their performances which is really nice to see.

Omg yes the fancams!!!!

Its great that we are able to have so much of them for a rookie group.

Edited by c h i k i

Hi, welcome to the thread and OneHallyu :D No wonder your username seemed familiar. Its really cool thay you guys were able to contact Bebop's people.

Yeah, that was a fun little operation :). I actually tried doing it myself originally (they have the call relay system that picks up play a few seconds of I'm the Best and everything), but it went about as well as I had anticipated - Mr. Bok couldn't do English and my Korean is too poor to carry on a proper conversation, so it was a short and fruitless exchange. But then I managed to sign up someone to help me luckily :).

And I agree Bebop are special! They're effectively the only female entry spanning the spectrum of idol pop to real band, especially with AOA Black not having been seen in action in quite some time now. The last attempt at something like this was perhaps

... but the vocal talent wasn't really there (they're
though).

Speaking of Bebop live, here's a playlist of their first (and so far only) proper indoors gig:

Edit: Oops, looks like the media tag can't do playlists.

Edited by NewbieSone

I apologize for not resisting the temptation to double-post, but I thought for completeness it'd be cool to add the so far two releases in their "251Project" series of cover songs:

They also performed Cherry Blossom Ending live on The Show once, and before that during a really fun radio appearance (in a radio show MC'd by Kim Hyung-Tae - Busker Busker's bassist).

in a subway station (with Ayeon on keyboard!). This subway performance was put on for a MBC documentary crew who were collecting footage for some sort of short segment, but they've done busking performances in similar spots too.

Trivia: 251Project is a reference to a common chord progression.

Edited by NewbieSone

Yeah, that was a fun little operation :). I actually tried doing it myself originally (they have the call relay system that picks up play a few seconds of I'm the Best and everything), but it went about as well as I had anticipated - Mr. Bok couldn't do English and my Korean is too poor to carry on a proper conversation, so it was a short and fruitless exchange. But then I managed to sign up someone to help me luckily :).

And I agree Bebop are special! They're effectively the only female entry spanning the spectrum of idol pop to real band, especially with AOA Black not having been seen in action in quite some time now. The last attempt at something like this was perhaps

... but the vocal talent wasn't really there (they're
though).

Speaking of Bebop live, here's a playlist of their first (and so far only) proper indoors gig:

Edit: Oops, looks like the media tag can't do playlists.

It was nice that they were willing to help  :smile: and that Mr.Bok was willing to share some info on Bebop's plans.

Sweet Revenge sounds good though, the vocalist kind of looks like Taeyeon. I like that edgier rock sound! Hopefully Bebop does something similar to it. As for AOA Black...omg I had so many hopes for them to be Korea's girl band but that went away with AOA White's success. I doubt they'll be having a comeback anytime soon.

Ooh thanks for sharing these videos! I'll check them out.

Jiin posted on the fancafe...

olv0FQz.jpg

"

여러분~ 너무 오랜만ì´ì£ ?

ë¹„ë°¥ì˜ ìƒˆë¡œìš´ ë¦¬ë” ì§€ì¸ìž…니다~♥

다들 휴가는 잘 보내셨어요?

ì €í¬ ë¹„ë°¥ì€ ì—¬ëŸ¬ë¶„ë“¤ì„ ë¹¨ë¦¬ 만나기 위해

다ìŒì•¨ë²” 준비로 ë‹¤ë“¤ ì •ì‹ ì—†ì´ ë°”ì˜ë‹µë‹ˆë‹¤!!

ì²˜ìŒ ë¹„ë°¥ì˜ ì•¨ë²”ì´ ë‚˜ì˜¤ê³ , ê³µì—°ë„ í•˜ê³  여러분들과 만나면서

ë” ì¢‹ì€ ìŒì•…으로 보답해 드려야 겠다는 ìƒê°ì´ 컸어요~

그래서 ì €í¬ ë©¤ë²„ë“¤ 모ë‘ê°€

ì´ë²ˆ 앨범ì—는

ì €ë²ˆë³´ë‹¤ë„ ë” ì‹ ì¤‘í•˜ê²Œ 열심히 하나하나 준비하ëŠë¼

조금 오래걸렸네요ㅜㅜ

빨리 여러분들 만나기위해서

마지막까지 열심히 준비할테니까

조금만 ë” ê¸°ë‹¤ë ¤ì£¼ì‹œêµ¬ìš”!!

모ë‘들 ê°ê¸°ì¡°ì‹¬í•˜ì‹œêµ¬ 건강하게 지내고 있어요~!

í•­ìƒ ì‘ì›í•´ì£¼ì…”ì„œ ê°ì‚¬í•´ìš” 사랑해요 여러분 ♥

빨리 공연하구싶다...............

안뇽 'ã…'"

To make long story short:

Jiin is the new leader of Bebop. (Doesn't mention any member changes or anything)

They are preparing the next album.

The usual thanks and "just wait a little longer"

• Like 1