OneHallyu

[Update/Rumor] Shukan Bunshun reveals Namie Amuro is trying to break away from her 22-year "slave contract"

Mandilinn

wild.jpg

It has been revealed to Shukan Bunshun that Namie Amuro (36) has decided to become independent of major entertainment angecy "Rising Pro Inc." (Minato-ku, tokyo), to which she has been signed for 22 years.

President Tetsuo Taira of said company discovered Amuro's talent more than 20 years ago when she was a schoolchild in Okinawa, and he became like a foster parent to her, but in May of this year, she appealed directly to the President, saying "I'd like to become independent." "At this rate, this has become a slave contract", etc.

According to officials from the company, the details are as follows:

"In May of this year, Namie went before several executives and the President and abruptly announced  that she wanted her independence. Her intentions became clear when she later came to the office with a tax accountant and talked about changes in the terms and conditions of her contract, drafting a written proposal. The proposal listed that the contract between Namie and the managment agency Rising would come to an end at once, and that the new company Namie creates and her current one changes the remaining contract time and signs a new contract, the percentange of the distribution of royalties and rewards would be raised, and that her new company would possess part of the original recording rights."

Currently, lawyers for both sides are entering discussions.

When Shukan Bunshun asked for an interview, Namie's attorney said they will not respond at this time and Rising Pro's attorneys said this matter is "best left to the lawyers".

We will keep a close eye on any future developments.

Update/Rumor:

Namie is reported to already have established her personal company back in June and has named it â€œStella88†(ステラ88).

Rising Pro = Old name for Vision Factory

Sounds like she wants to have her own talent agency. She's said in mulitple interviews that she wants to mentor artists and produce future talent, and she wouldn't be able to do that when she's still at Vision Factory.

She's already secured her own record label, so all she needs is her own management agency and she'll be unstoppable.

Please anticipate Namie's future girl group that will sell millions and dominate Asia. ψ(`∇´)ψ

Dimension Point isn't actually a real record label but is just one of the numerous vanity names that Avex gives to anyone..Avex Globe, love life, Mad Pray, Locomusic, Espionage, etc. it's not like Namie could sign anyone she wants up to it without the approval of stockholders, executives, A&R people, etc at Avex.. 

It's not a 22 year contract...that's just how long she's been working with them for..

Dimension Point isn't actually a real record label but is just one of the numerous vanity names that Avex gives to anyone..Avex Globe, love life, Mad Pray, Locomusic, Espionage, etc. it's not like Namie could sign anyone she wants up to it without the approval of stockholders, executives, A&R people, etc at Avex.. 

It's not a 22 year contract...that's just how long she's been working with them for..

When I said company, I meant management company. Dimension Point is a record label, not a management company. She's never been under Avex's management. It's always been Vision Factory, who she's now trying to separate from. Her artists wouldn't necessarily be signed to Avex unless she chose to put them specifically under Dimension Point. Kind of like how EXILE's HIRO has his own management company (LDH) and he signs his artists to whatever company/label he chooses, despite EXILE being under Avex. 

When I said company, I meant management company. Dimension Point is a record label, not a management company. She's never been under Avex's management. It's always been Vision Factory, who she's now trying to separate from. Her artists wouldn't necessarily be signed to Avex unless she chose to put them specifically under Dimension Point. Kind of like how EXILE's HIRO has his own management company (LDH) and he signs his artists to whatever company/label he chooses, despite EXILE being under Avex. 

Yeah x

She's been with Vision Slave Factory for 22 yearsand she let them take advantage of her all this time? :wth:

She should have been granted her independence long ago. I hope this goes well in her favor. :._.:

It's not really easy for an artist to walk out on a company in Japan, especially one like Vision Factory. I don't think she's a pushover (she's proven that several times), but I think it's that it has just been especially difficult to get away from them.

I think she'll be fine. I've been keeping an eye on people's comments today and most are more worried for her than anything else. Personally I'm really proud of her for finally putting her foot down and saying enough is enough. It takes a lot of guts to do that. (Especially with the potential problems this could cause for her.)

hmm slave is such a strong word, I seriously doubt she's overworked. She doesn't make public appearances or perform on TV anymore and she goes on vacation every year (as seen from the fanclub booklets). She doesn't release original music at an excessive rate either..

I imagine this rift between them is because of creative differences. Hopefully it gets worked out soon.

Archived