• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:41 AM (Edited by Myth, 27 December 2014 - 02:56 AM.)

wvo6Aih.jpg

The Three Musketeers (삼총사; Samchongsa) is a historical drama that aired every Sunday, beginning on August 17, 2014, on tvN. It was originally going to be composed of three seasons, consisting of 12 episodes each; however, tvN decided to end the series in late December after only one season. Starring Lee Jinwook as Crown Prince Sohyeon, CNBLUE's Jung Yonghwa as Park Dalhyang, Yang Donggeun as Heo Seungpo,and Jung Hae-in as Ahn Minseo, The Three Musketeers will follow Crown Prince Sohyeon and his warriors who travel through China and wind up serving him as his warrior guards. Inspired by Alexandre Dumas' 1844 novel of the same name, the drama will be set in the Joseon Dynasty period.

Cast

34odQXh.jpg

HybyUU1.jpg

Episodes

Season 1

Raw: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Subbed: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Teasers

Spoiler

#2 short hair

short hair

Idol

• PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSM Dungeon

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

OMG SO EXCITED

#3 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

20140722 The Three Musketeers Yonghwa promotional image

V85JlzX.jpg

#4 twinky☆

twinky☆

F A N T A S Y

• 23,905 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:47 PM (Edited by twinky, 25 July 2014 - 08:30 PM.)

Official Promo Posters of the other cast members

10452376_585523508224581_178064540603618

10537299_585523578224574_692020974212825

983728_585523511557914_50322618484860739

cr: The Three Musketeers Official FB 

#5 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

20140723 The Three Musketeers Facebook update

lmHMcjs.jpg
oGdXKnm.jpg
AsQGNNx.jpg
KDFm4vM.jpg

#6 twinky☆

twinky☆

F A N T A S Y

• 23,905 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Yoo In Young's Mi Ryung teaser

#7 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Main teaser

This looks awesome. :ahmagah:

#8 katz

katz

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'm excited now. I stopped watching dramas for a while because they were getting so repetitive it seemed, and this one may turn out that way too, but it has my interest at the very least. Which is more than most other dramas that have come out recently can say (lol)

#9 Sunny_

Sunny_

Star

• Translator
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

It looks absolutely amazing!!! I'm really excited now!!  :rlytearpls:

#10 timpa

timpa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

I just saw looking at the cast list after viewing the trailer that Yu In Young is in this. I loved her as Batolu/Yon Fei Soo in Empress Ki, hope she's playing a female char who has some fight scenes.

#11 domiyoo

domiyoo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:33 PM (Edited by domiyoo, 25 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.)

hmm I think I'm gonna watch this.... I looove three musketeers the book, so I'm curious how much similar this drama will be. I hope they are gonna do some changes from the original story so it'll be interesting. Please update this thread often  :smile:  :smile:

.... the teaser is full of action, hopefully the drama will be like that as well...Yonghwa is very handsome with long hair and that headband  :ahmagah:

#12 masakio

masakio

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

I just saw looking at the cast list after viewing the trailer that Yu In Young is in this. I loved her as Batolu/Yon Fei Soo in Empress Ki, hope she's playing a female char who has some fight scenes.

have you read the novel? she's playing the equivalent of milady, but IA, I hope she gets more to do because she was the highlight of the teaser for me. so fierce.

the teaser made me excited. I love pretty cinematography and this drama def looks like it was shot beautifully.

#13 timpa

timpa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

have you read the novel? she's playing the equivalent of milady, but IA, I hope she gets more to do because she was the highlight of the teaser for me. so fierce.

the teaser made me excited. I love pretty cinematography and this drama def looks like it was shot beautifully.

I hope she's more actiony like the Milla Jovovich version of the character then. I believe Yonghwa is playing a char based on d'artagnan, so is Lee Jin Wook the "Athos" char? In which case I wonder if like in the novel

Spoiler

#14 twinky☆

twinky☆

F A N T A S Y

• 23,905 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

this gonna be good. i love all the teasers so far :ahmagah:

Yoo In Young is gorgeous :rlytearpls:

#15 masakio

masakio

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

I hope she's more actiony like the Milla Jovovich version of the character then. I believe Yonghwa is playing a char based on d'artagnan, so is Lee Jin Wook the "Athos" char? In which case I wonder if like in the novel

Spoiler

yeah they took some liberties and altered some of the characters. Lee Jin Wook is Athos but his character is the crown prince in this version and I think he's more the main character rather than d'artagnan/dalhyang.

there's also Seo Hyunjin's character, the crown princess, which I don't think there's an equivalent in the novel.. it just seems like kdramas can't stay away from their love triangles lol

#16 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:20 PM (Edited by Myth, 25 July 2014 - 11:20 PM.)

20140726 The Three Musketeers Facebook update

C4Tvqzx.jpg

.... the teaser is full of action, hopefully the drama will be like that as well...Yonghwa is very handsome with long hair and that headband  :ahmagah:

The four main actors all attended martial arts classes. In the August 2014 issue of Vogue, they said that Yonghwa has a the most action scenes, so it should be entertaining. :hurr:

#17 n88

n88

~{قــــطرة مـــاء}

• PipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

TvN dramas never disappoint !The teaser looks amazing! Going to keep any eye on this!

#18 domiyoo

domiyoo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

20140726 The Three Musketeers Facebook update

http://i.imgur.com/C4Tvqzx.jpg...

The four main actors all attended martial arts classes. In the August 2014 issue of Vogue, they said that Yonghwa has a the most action scenes, so it should be entertaining. :hurr:

really? let's hope he's gonna do well at those :hurr:  I'm glad he finally took different role from his previous ones....

#19 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:35 PM (Edited by Myth, 27 July 2014 - 01:41 AM.)

The Three Musketeers cast poster interviews

Ugh @ them not uploading this on YT. Oop, now it's uploaded.

----

The Three Musketeers Jung Yonghwa, breaking through more than 100-thousand views.. 'Expectation↑'

The Three Musketeers, which CNBLUE's Jung Yonghwa is appearing as the main character, is getting hot interest at home and abroad before its broadcast.

Jung Yonghwa is going to act as modern version D'Artagnan, 'Park Dalhyang', in the fusion historic drama tvN The Three Musketeers which is going to be first broadcasted on the coming 17th of August. His official character teaser 'Park Dalhyang version' released through YouTube has already broken through more than 100-thousand views recently.

Warrior Park Dalhyang that Jung Yonghwa has taken corresponds to D'Artagnan of the original work. Park Dalhyang is a self-made man who performs great martial arts in Joseon and Qing dynasty with drive, faith, and braveness that a warrior needs to have as virtues. He is getting big expectation by the perfect male character with natural clear optimistic thoughts and bright smile.

The recently released Jung Yonghwa's character teaser video runs short for 15 seconds, but shows Jung Yonghwa's flashy sword skill and his first historic make-up since his debut that are getting hot response from domestic and overseas fans.

Jung Yonghwa conveyed his thoughts through FNC Entertainment, "Although it is the first historic action drama for me and there are many action roles, I'm doing it joyfully since I'm experiencing new things. I will show good image through Park Dalhyang."

Meanwhile, The Three Musketeers which has the motif on the novel of Alexandre Dumas, is a historic drama which depicts main character Park Dalhyang and three musketeers (Crown Prince Sohyeon, An Minseo, Heo Seungpo) in the Joseon Dynasty background.

Source: Naver

#20 Myth

Myth

Royalty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:46 AM (Edited by Myth, 28 July 2014 - 01:47 AM.)

Character profiles

lML5iLP.png

Park Dalhyang

cA3eXrE.jpg

Pan Soe
2SQYd1O.jpg

Crown Prince Sohyeon
MtTBPHA.jpg

Heo Seungpo
DODznHT.jpg

Ahn Minseo

jIOqtxr.jpg

Kang Bin
jEeCsxd.jpg

In Jo
0WkQ93i.jpg

Kim Jajeom
sDLlhWa.jpg

Choi Myeonggil
XVpOW7O.jpg

Miryeong
Jwe151x.jpg

Yong Goldae
UYZkTD1.jpg

No Soo
GOMLwG5.jpg

Source: tvN 1, 2

Uhh, since my Korean is flop, I only translated the names.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Three Musketeers, tvN, Lee Jinwook, Yonghwa, Yang Donggeun, Jung Hae-in

Up, Up and Away!