Hey there!

If you're interested in voting for new images for the Current Purchasables in the system, please visit this thread!  Taking suggestions until September 30th 11:59PM PST!

sweetjohoney sweetjohoney

Hey there!

If you're interested in voting for new Purchasables in the system, please visit this thread!  Taking nominations until September 28th 11:59PM PST!

sweetjohoney sweetjohoney
OneHallyu

Queen Elizabeth II has died

• My Everything changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II has died

omg the news were talking about her being hospitalized just minutes ago... rest in peace

5 minutes ago, boynextdoor said:

thats crazy, i never thought charles would be king

if the crown could skip a generation and head straight to william it would be much nicer

Rest in peace.

I didn’t think this would shock me as much as it did because I am neither British, nor do I care much about royalty, but I think for as long as she reigned she represented a whole era in the world history, that is now gone with her. Whether it was a good or bad era doesn’t matter, what matters is that’s the only era I have lived in and it’s now gone, just like that.

• Crying 4

It felt like she was a Queen of the world, you just had to say "The Queen" without adding "of England" and still everyone knew it was her. She was literally a part of UK's culture, a true icon.. This is definitely the end of an era. I can't imagine Charles being at her level even the slightest. 

• Love 2
  • Tea 1

I don't really think much of the royal family tbh so I didn't think I'd feel as upset or shocked as I do (I actually shed a few tears on impact of immediate reporting).😕 I... It feel(s) really... I dunno... Surreal?🤔 I mean... Yeah, she was 96 but because of how long she's lived for it still feels like a massive shock to the system. 'End of an era' feels accurate.🤔

I also thought she'd outlive Charles out of spite😅

Also... This is the first time I've witnessed the BBC suspend all regular programmes on all channels and show only 'BBC News Special'. That is the only thing airing on all channels on BBC iPlayer.😕