OneHallyu

Normani stars in known domestic abuser Chris Brown's music video and her fans are fed up

glucose

homegirl is dumb why would you interact with this man 😭 

people are mad because she spends more time being a model than doing her actual job which is singing. since fifth harmony disbanded in 2017 she released 4 solo singles... camila had the time to release 3 full albums in the meantime

she's apparently supposed to release a new single really soon (the page already exists on spotify), and people thought her latest tweet (see below) was posted to tease it

her main fanbase @normaniupdate changed their profile picture to black

over 11k quoted tweets atm, most of them being mad at her

people mad in the quotes on her last tweet

she was 18 in 2014 btw

Edited by glucose

2 hours ago, Mrs. Morale said:

Isn’t she an ambassador for Rihanna's Fenty? 

exactly this, she's either coming out of this looking really dumb or really callous, either way not a good look 😭

46 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

You guys would be surprised how many people still love him and want to work with him. This is why he's still around. He has too many people working with him STILL. 

Yup, it's not just Normani. Lizzo is a big fan and Chloe (from ChloexHalle) has worked with him amongst many others. I know people are like "Rihanna forgave him so you should give him a pass". That doesn't dismiss him being a trash human being and a psycho. He stalked and harassed Karrueche Tran, he's colorist against dark skinned women. How are people forgetting about these things?

I'm not gonna say this is going to end Normani's career. 'Cause if Chris Brown can still have a career after everything he's done, there's hope for her.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

Yup, it's not just Normani. Lizzo is a big fan and Chloe (from ChloexHalle) has worked with him amongst many others. I know people are like "Rihanna forgave him so you should give him a pass". That doesn't dismiss him being a trash human being and a psycho. He stalked and harassed Karrueche Tran, he's colorist against dark skinned women. How are people forgetting about these things?

I'm not gonna say this is going to end Normani's career. 'Cause if Chris Brown can still have a career after everything he's done, there's hope for her.

not to mention his illegitimate children, that time Tony Parker almost lost an eye because Brown threw a glass to Drake's face close to where he was sitting, or how he did not do anything to keep his relationshp with Agnez Mo private (even though keeping her personal life out of the spotlight has been her priority since the beggining of her career) I can hardly picture a guy who disrespects his gfs' wishes having more consideration for his coworkers.

Edited by Music Junkie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

Honestly, if people knew how many people still love him (kpop idols included), there would be really no one in the pop world that I can think of that people would be a fan of anymore.

chris brown is practically legend status so this no longer phases me anymore. the best that i can hope for is that he genuinely grows as a person. someday.

edit: why is this controversial.

- lots of people still like chris brown

- he should be better

whats the controversial part here

Edited by Joyrider
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 1

the Chris Brown saga is so weird. I remember being 12/13 in 2011 and him working with (at the time) squeaky clean, innocent Justin Bieber and nobody cared. like nobody. people were more angry at Bieber for flipping off paparazzi than at him/his team embracing Chris Brown during the time Rihanna was the biggest star on the earth and they hadn't yet publicly reconciled. either way, now being a whole decade later, and even more abuse done to even more women, gay men and even another weirdo, Drake, yet the industry still fully embraces him. its very bizarre. his music isn't even that good to warrant the "separate the art from the artist" excuse. messy for Normani tho given she hasn't yet quite taken off

Edited by Morgan
  • Tea 1

It's depressing but he is clouted tbh. As someone said there are sooo many male idols that idolize him; particularly late 2nd Gen, 3Rd gen dancers, they prolly grew up in his peak idolizing him. He really got away with it despite it being so public, to Rihanna  one of most famous singers-maybe biggesr of the time. Really I have such vivid memories of it, and 2022 is such a diff times, despite his fame he shouldn't get away with it in 2022,but back then ppl were sharing the picture unprompted, no warning. It was an absurdly popular meme photo on Tumblr. Today can't post it without several tw whilst being pc. And I'm not Complainong,i find it very triggering.. He got away with it and still has fans but any celebs deserves shot from fans if they collaborate. Maybe we can finally get his thru that, tho I doubt it and he prolly still gets away with it

Edited by deobizone
  • Dislike 1