OneHallyu

[theqoo] Reporter that exposed 'sex criminal' Bobby Chung's credits on BTS' new album terrorized with death threats + HYBE says "no comment"

drakan

Just now, Dont mind me said:

I don't think you should underestimate SK governmental power on this. Remember BTS was used a soft power, meaning if they are disgraced, it will also effect the government. On top of that, as far as we have seen the guys are not that bad. Misguided and perhaps a bit spoiled by power and money, but I don't think they would bring dishonor to their family. And that is a big thing in Korea. 

I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't think they are going to flee and skip out on military duty.

I think that the most likely thing that happens is they get an exemption.

If they don't get an exemption they will almost certainly serve.

What we were discussing was, if they  get the exemption, and it turns out HYBE (and the gov't) misjudge public reaction and the backlash to an exemption is more severe than expected and more long lasting... the company won't care that much, they'll still make tons of money overseas. That lack of a massive downside is why the company and members are so willing to take bad press as they actively campaign for exemption.

5 minutes ago, Firestar said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't think they are going to flee and skip out on military duty.

I think that the most likely thing that happens is they get an exemption.

If they don't get an exemption they will almost certainly serve.

What we were discussing was, if they  get the exemption, and it turns out HYBE (and the gov't) misjudge public reaction and the backlash to an exemption is more severe than expected and more long lasting... the company won't care that much, they'll still make tons of money overseas. That lack of a massive downside is why the company and members are so willing to take bad press as they actively campaign for exemption.

No I understood your point, I was saying that I am having some faith in the guys showing their strengths. This entire fuck up of the exemption will not be profitable, not even outside of SK. Remember they are marketed as the good guys who always do the right thing. This can backfire if your own people don't believe it. So I don't think they will, but if they do it is indeed the stupidest PR mistake we have seen so far. 

And the good guys rep is also biting them in the ass with the bobby situation. 

Edited by Dont mind me

While armys are busy deflecting the controversy here and downplaying the severity of it, jimin's poor choice of song is being broadcasted on National TV news in Korea

This is the second time he has made it to the news for his carelessness bringing BTS more trouble. But dumb bts fans will prioritise giving death threats to others rather than admitting their faves mistake. Pathetic. 

• Like 9
  • Tea 1

7 hours ago, succcjin said:

yikes, who is doing PR at Hybe.  Ok  to be honest, I don't care that much about this issue. I don't think Jimin is some innocent angel, but I genuinely don't think he picked Filter thinking "ahh yes, I want to support a s*x offender", they each picked some of their solo songs and he probably just picked his favorite one. And also that Bobby dude is one of of the many many writers/composers on that track, so it's not like he gets the most credit for it. They should definitely never work with him again though.

But Hybe's PR is horrible. They could have just apologized, said something about how BTS overseeing this was mistake but they didn't have any malicious intent (which I really think they didn't) and say something about how they will never work with Bobby again. Replacing the track would probably be the best, but since its not a new track I think even keeping it is fine as long as they apologized and never work with this guy again. 

But those Armys are embarrasing... like why do they want BTS to be super woke so bad... I really think Army and Hybe shot themselves in the foot by promoting BTS as this super clean and woke group who is never asssociated with bad people, when they cant even manage their PR properly.

No jimin picked the one which had most Spotify streams as being included in the album it would garner even more streams and help him with records just like jk picked euphoria based on streams. As far as sex offender is concerned I don't think these idols care about these things cuz if he was that sensitive he would have thought it through rather than picking a song which benefits him the most. Shameless. 

• Clown 1

"imagine crying out at your big age because someone called you pussay" good role inversion. I'm sincerely losing braincells just by reading their insults, they sound like kindergarten kids trying to make sense. "mega honker donker" is this an alien language?

Also lol we all know that the "Aki-p misogynistic" argument was just a way to hide that both parts had a fallout over royalty sharing or some monetarian reason cause, lmao, Hybe telling what is misogynistic and what isn't while they fired every single of ther female trainess after their own mistreatment of GLAM and as every single of their higher-ups is a man in his 50s who came up with a full-fledged "male gaze" concept for Le Sserafim? Hypocrisy. They only care about women when they pay for their overpriced merch.

• Tea 14

I am just overall disappointed how shameless Hybe is now. Like they were doing okay with managing BTS a few years ago. They never were perfect, they had some questionable content and lyrics during their early years, but they apologized for those. And I remember how they made JK do all those apology videos in 2019. (for hanging out with that tattoo girl) Like that wasn't even a crime lol, but they cared enough for his perfect innocent kpop boy image. 

But now??? They could deal with this so much better. Like just apologize and make a new version of Filter without Bobby's parts or choose a different song and problem solved.  It's like they know that cult-like armys will eat up and defend anything so they dont even try. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Firestar said:

They just don't care is the answer. They assume, correctly, that the stans will buy anything they put out, support them in anything they do, and harrass anyone who writes anything negative, no matter if it is true. Also, it's mostly bad PR in Korea, and they've long past stopped caring about Korea, they're looking to milk the global market. If when they get their special military exemptions the Korean public turns on them... they won't care, they'll just promote internationally, they already are going heavy on English songs, written and produced by Western Artists to try and win a Grammy.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding but BTS seem to only care about how they look in SK, them going worldwide with the global asian female populace, woke crowd and POC in the west was just an extension of getting props in SK. 

Look at the current political situation in SK, one of the most right wing anti-non SK government officials have been voted into place by SK men. No matter the act they put on in their private life BTS boy’s would be hardcore conservatives that care only about SK, living in SK and SK family/ women.

I am sorry but I genuinely believe all members: Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook don’t care about non-SK’s so this will get swept under the rug by their SEA and EA fans.

13 minutes ago, The_Vixen said:

Can decent armies handle these bitches, pls?

They don’t listen to the rational ones. When I mention I am one, I get told I can’t be one because I like “rival” groups or BigBang. I got told I’m psychotic for liking both groups by the crazy ARMYs. 

1 hour ago, rananicolee said:

They don’t listen to the rational ones. When I mention I am one, I get told I can’t be one because I like “rival” groups or BigBang. I got told I’m psychotic for liking both groups by the crazy ARMYs. 

I agree, had the same interaction with those crazy fans. They are beyond rational at this point and they won't even see they are attacking a human being.

If I was a member I would be mortified with fans like that. Especially if it could be shown on national tv.

@PlainPlainPlain

I don't think the guys are that Conservative, their own actions and how they dress/act outside of work has shown that. I just think we are dealing with a group who lost touch with reality at the moment and is kind of behaving like actual celebrities. They don't see the impact of their decisions because they are in their bubble. This is the part where the company ( a good one) comes into play and sets their artists straight and looks out for any possible shit coming their way. HYBE is really horrible in this. 

It is equally the same when everyone in the business knew about R Kelly, yet they worked with him. Even some of our favourite artists, ( Gaga being the last before he was cast out). Her agency did do a better job of apologising, but still she did produce that track long after his first trail. 

Edited by Dont mind me
  • Like 4

Just now, Dont mind me said:

I am missing the point of your post? Are you saying there are bad apples in Kpop, well we already knew that. Stop the bullshit and just say you don't give a shit about other people's pain. 

If you do not understand the post, do not comment. Simple.

• Like 1
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 12

3 minutes ago, MissBlack said:

I do understand it, just find it full of non relevant stories. As I said before it is standard for entertainment world to have bad apples. But your opinion wasn't laid clearly, just some post about an idiot 

Edited by Dont mind me
  • Tea 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Dont mind me said:

I do understand it, just find it full of non relevant stories. As I said before it is standard for entertainment world to have bad apples. But your opinion wasn't laid clearly, just some post about an idiot 

You obviously didn't get it because the entire post is about that journalist not some BaD AppLEs lol

• Like 2
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 6

4 minutes ago, MissBlack said:

You obviously didn't get it because the entire post is about that journalist not some BaD AppLEs lol

Dude, there are good journalists and bad ones. If your entire point was that bad ones exist, that is just stupid. 

There are those who are conservative and I don't agree with them. The point is you dont threatened them with violence or dox them. Freedom of speech exist for that reason. If you as a person can already distract most is bullshit, then good for you. But you still shouldn't threaded people for speaking out. And that was my entire point 

Edited by Dont mind me
  • Like 5
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 2

4 hours ago, MissBlack said:

LMAO

FSjhoFvXoAI9_aX.jpg

FSjhoOkWQAA3YIP.jpg

FSjhoXqWUAAQj3W.jpg

FSjhofNXsAA1sxB.jpg

FSZAm2AX0AEelel?format=jpg&name=large

FSZGqAeXIAIPBC2?format=jpg&name=medium

FSen4MSWUAMxVSn?format=jpg&name=mediumFSeN2k2VgAIIwfv?format=jpg&name=large

FSeE5DhVsAAJH-E?format=jpg&name=medium

FSfzOjuVgAETS-R?format=jpg&name=large

3 hours ago, MissBlack said:

Oh My God are you one of the army I saw in my TL??? I'm so excited to see one pop out here! I'm tired of seeing the sane ones! The classic "if you don't understand, don't comment"! 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:28 AM, felidae said:

Regardless the attacked account is "attention seeker" "opportunies" "likes to anger army and find troubles for bts" "they blocked the polite and harmless approach" (source : army in my tl) death threats is not right. 

Please bring your friends along!

Edited by felidae
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 2

Some of his questions are legitimate though, like BTS' stance on anti-discrimination bills, his research on IPO inverstors, and how unprecedented Hwasa going braless was for Korean pop culture. Saying he's been "threatening" the band is cultish behavior. Threatening someone is bombarding them with hate messages, with violent menaces, or even death wishes. Not formulating some criticism.

That Ovadoz guy sounds awful, but there's little difference between a guy like him and BTS' best buddy Supreme Boi who had no issues to work with Iron on a track that detailled how he raped and abused his ex-girlfriend, and who's known for slut-shaming random famous women whenever he's interviewed. To be fair, at this point, finding a Korean rapper or someone associated with the scene who has basic respect for women, sexual minorities and Black people is like seeking a needle in a haystack.

Plus we know that Armys have already made accounts impersonating him, it's not far-fetched to believe some could manipulate screenshots with some easy PS skills. Like, unless I'm not getting the archive link of the tweet, I don't believe it's real.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Tea 2

4 hours ago, marupyon said:

That Ovadoz guy sounds awful, but there's little difference between a guy like him and BTS' best buddy Supreme Boi who had no issues to work with Iron on a track that detailled how he raped and abused his ex-girlfriend, and who's known for slut-shaming random famous women whenever he's interviewed. To be fair, at this point, finding a Korean rapper or someone associated with the scene who has basic respect for women, sexual minorities and Black people is like seeking a needle in a haystack.

Also the tweet is literally asking what the rapper has been doing so clearly she's not a superfan who knows every song they've done, Army's are also insistent that she supports Seungri when she literally got hate from his fans for calling him out when the scandal happened if you're going to cancel her out for liking some Bigbang songs you'd have to cancel a large percentage of the korean population. Also whatever happened in the past doesn't change that they started harassing her for pointing out the fact of who bts was crediting. Trying to create fake woke justifications after the fact is the same ridiculous logic as digging up someones criminal record after they've been a victim of police brutality. Their logic has gotten so absurd that I've seen them posting articles about how Associated Press worked with Nazis in the 1940s as a reason the AP is 'against' bts today (but god forbid if anyone brings up that photoshoot amiright?) 

• Like 7
  • Tea 1

9 minutes ago, AstroBaby said:

Also the tweet is literally asking what the rapper has been doing so clearly she's not a superfan who knows every song they've done, Army's are also insistent that she supports Seungri when she literally got hate from his fans for calling him out when the scandal happened if you're going to cancel her out for liking some Bigbang songs you'd have to cancel a large percentage of the korean population. Also whatever happened in the past doesn't change that they started harassing her for pointing out the fact of who bts was crediting. Trying to create fake woke justifications after the fact is the same ridiculous logic as digging up someones criminal record after they've been a victim of police brutality. Their logic has gotten so absurd that I've seen them posting articles about how Associated Press worked with Nazis in the 1940s as a reason the AP is 'against' bts today (but god forbid if anyone brings up that photoshoot amiright?) 

Also! 

TWO WRONGS NEVER MAKE A RIGHT. 

• Like 5
  • Tea 1

It's not like all Armys support this behaviour but the mature fans who are against it can't be heard because the loud ones are visible. I was talking to my friends in a gc when the messages started coming and we didn't agree with it. No Army on my tline said anything supporting this type of behaviour, there were big accounts who asked Army not to mention her or message her but they were ignored.. These fans don't realize that they made the whole issue even bigger by sending Juwon DMs. I also saw Armys who said Juwon had no right to call out Jimin or BTS because she openly supports Big Bang and listens to their music.. There's a big number of Army who live only for fanwars and the drama.

Edit: I've just read that the news about Jimin and Filter being on Proof controversy was shown on TV and I can tell you that I've never heard about this. I'm sure 99% Armys don't even know how serious certain issues are in Korea and don't know the Jimin issue was mentioned on TV because they rely on big accounts & translators who avoid certain topics. Me and my friends noticed over the years that for these accounts Hybe's image is more important than BTS, we often joke that they must be paid by the company because they even defend NFT when most Armys were against it.

Edited by jay94

1 hour ago, jay94 said:

It's not like all Armys support this behaviour but the mature fans who are against it can't be heard because the loud ones are visible. I was talking to my friends in a gc when the messages started coming and we didn't agree with it. No Army on my tline said anything supporting this type of behaviour, there were big accounts who asked Army not to mention her or message her but they were ignored.. These fans don't realize that they made the whole issue even bigger by sending Juwon DMs. I also saw Armys who said Juwon had no right to call out Jimin or BTS because she openly supports Big Bang and listens to their music.. There's a big number of Army who live only for fanwars and the drama.

Edit: I've just read that the news about Jimin and Filter being on Proof controversy was shown on TV and I can tell you that I've never heard about this. I'm sure 99% Armys don't even know how serious certain issues are in Korea and don't know the Jimin issue was mentioned on TV because they rely on big accounts & translators who avoid certain topics. Me and my friends noticed over the years that for these accounts Hybe's image is more important than BTS, we often joke that they must be paid by the company because they even defend NFT when most Armys were against it.

It’s just funny to me when they said that because right before their comeback she said some shady stuff about bigbang. 

• Like 3