OneHallyu

[theqoo] Reporter that exposed 'sex criminal' Bobby Chung's credits on BTS' new album terrorized with death threats + HYBE says "no comment"

drakan

Reporter that exposed 'sex criminal' Bobby Chung's credits on BTS' new album terrorized with death threats + HYBE says "no comment"

bts1.png
juwon.webp

juwon1.webp
juwon2.webp

It got to a point where the term they coined to bully the reporter "PUSSAY" began trending real-time on Twitter. HYBE responded to the controversy and said "no comment."

1. Omg...
  2. Ah f*ck 
  3. A fandom shielding a s*x criminal.. 
  4. Korean ARMYs are out of their minds, what are they doing?
  5. And yet BTS is still silent.. amazing...
  6. F*cking Park Jimin.
  7. Jimin-ah, why exactly did you pick Filter? Because of you things have gone this far.. your fans seem to have lost their brains. 
  8. Knowing Park Jimin's fans, they're probably claiming all of this is the company's fault.. 
  9. Looks like they have no normal fans left.. 
  10. This is the level of their fandom. 
  11. A fandom that can't take the heat so they're coming for blood. 
  12. Weren't Big Bang fans like this tooㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. This is basically cyber bullying... and not just once or twice either .
  13. Do they think donating and throwing around money makes you a good influence? Is all of this worth throwing away the fandom's image? Their fandom is problematic is more ways than one. 
  14. I seriously don't understand why Jimin picked a s*x criminal song in the first place. Doesn't he have other solo songs? What was the reason for picking that song exactly? 

source: https://dailynaver.blogspot.com/2022/05/reporter-that-exposed-sex-criminal.html

• Tea 1
  • Dislike 3

35 minutes ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

HYBE got Armys doing their dirty work and trying to wipe their hands clean of the mess they've created.

I hope the reporter is getting support at work and in their personal life.

They found the reporter's linkedin and harassed her there. Her workplace is receiving threats to address her opinion. AP is on her side. 

• Like 4

Army's are being gross and delusional.

Like I've seen a lot of them quoting her tweets saying that she basically deserved the harassment for her "smear campaign" on bts. But like what exactly did she say that wasn't true?

• Like 3
  • Tea 11

Why do the fans behave like this? Don't they know they make it worse? 

Clearly there was an error in hybe decision making skills, they need professional help on PR level. No comment doesn't work when you are accused of supporting a suspect of abuse. Who is making these calls? 

Edited by Dont mind me
  • Like 3

yikes, who is doing PR at Hybe.  Ok  to be honest, I don't care that much about this issue. I don't think Jimin is some innocent angel, but I genuinely don't think he picked Filter thinking "ahh yes, I want to support a s*x offender", they each picked some of their solo songs and he probably just picked his favorite one. And also that Bobby dude is one of of the many many writers/composers on that track, so it's not like he gets the most credit for it. They should definitely never work with him again though.

But Hybe's PR is horrible. They could have just apologized, said something about how BTS overseeing this was mistake but they didn't have any malicious intent (which I really think they didn't) and say something about how they will never work with Bobby again. Replacing the track would probably be the best, but since its not a new track I think even keeping it is fine as long as they apologized and never work with this guy again. 

But those Armys are embarrasing... like why do they want BTS to be super woke so bad... I really think Army and Hybe shot themselves in the foot by promoting BTS as this super clean and woke group who is never asssociated with bad people, when they cant even manage their PR properly.

• Like 10

Fuck ARMY for pulling this shit, and Fuck HYBE for not calling it out. That reporter should sue the fuck out of everyone they can for harrassement; they didn't even lie is the worst part about this, so fans and this shit company are basically just shielding a sex offender and arguably, a murderer.

Edited by No1
  • Like 5
  • Tea 1

1 hour ago, succcjin said:

when they cant even manage their PR properly.

This is what genuinely is surprising me. How is their PR so bad? They operate like a conglomerate, yet they manage they image and pr like a start up company. Any PR person in the world is looking at this with a bewildered look 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by Dont mind me

3 hours ago, Dont mind me said:

This is what genuinely is surprising me. How is their PR so bad? They operate like a conglomerate, yet they manage they image and pr like a start up company. Any PR person in the world is looking at this with a bewildered look 🤦🏾‍♂️

They just don't care is the answer. They assume, correctly, that the stans will buy anything they put out, support them in anything they do, and harrass anyone who writes anything negative, no matter if it is true. Also, it's mostly bad PR in Korea, and they've long past stopped caring about Korea, they're looking to milk the global market. If when they get their special military exemptions the Korean public turns on them... they won't care, they'll just promote internationally, they already are going heavy on English songs, written and produced by Western Artists to try and win a Grammy.

• Like 3
  • Tea 3

14 minutes ago, Firestar said:

They just don't care is the answer. They assume, correctly, that the stans will buy anything they put out, support them in anything they do, and harrass anyone who writes anything negative, no matter if it is true. Also, it's mostly bad PR in Korea, and they've long past stopped caring about Korea, they're looking to milk the global market. If when they get their special military exemptions the Korean public turns on them... they won't care, they'll just promote internationally, they already are going heavy on English songs, written and produced by Western Artists to try and win a Grammy.

This cannot be the endgame for the members. If it was they would have lived or bought houses overseas. They do seem to like living in SK, so I don't think this is what they want. I agree on that HYBE just doesn't care anymore, but if they are relying on the global market, actually this "scandal" is worser than a stupid missed tax payment. Western market good PR relies on not being associated with abusers. 

For my understanding koreans care more about the exempt and taxes than actual pain of women. 

HYBE is complicit with journalist harassment if they won't even bother to make a comment to discourage the accounts harassing that reporter on their + their artists' behalf. 
Them not removing Bobby Chung's contribution on BTS' songs while he's still on trial is nagl too
especially when they can release a remix w/o his contributions 
They even removed Bird from BTS JP album because the lyricist/producer was Aki-P
who was rumored to espouse JP-imperialist views and write misogynistic lyrics. 
And Aki-P didn't even go on trial   [source
Also, the journalist says that someone even impersonated her twitter account and her work company's account [source
Lastly news like these make me pray even more that 
groups in HYBE's other subsidiaries can freely work and promote their songs w/o HYBE/Bighit/BTS songwriters, producers, management and staff interfering on their decisions. Especially groups who have pride and recognition in being a self-produced group.   

22 minutes ago, felidae said:

Regardless the attacked account is "attention seeker" "opportunies" "likes to anger army and find troubles for bts" "they blocked the polite and harmless approach" (source : army in my tl) death threats is not right. 

You are kidding right? Whether she reported it on it or with others fans ( non delusional ones) comments, it still the same issue. An alleged sexual abuser with a victim that killed themselves is just not right to put on the album. That is the story.

I sometimes think people miss the entire point of journalism, if there is a story ( which in this case there is) of course one would write about it. It is the company job to make a statement to share their stands and for us common people to make up our minds. There is no lie in the facts here and it is the people rights to have an opinion. Are they going to keep supporting them or will they drop them because of their morals and the fans need to respect that.

Don't blame a journalist for doing their job. 

Edited by Dont mind me
  • Like 4
  • Tea 1

11 minutes ago, Dont mind me said:

You are kidding right? Whether she reported it on it or with others fans ( non delusional ones) comments, it still the same issue. An alleged sexual abuser with a victim that killed themselves is just not right to put on the album. That is the story.

I sometimes think people miss the entire point of journalism, if there is a story ( which in this case there is) of course one would write about it. It is the company job to make a statement to share their stands and for us common people to make up our minds. There is no lie in the facts here and it is the people rights to have an opinion. Are they going to keep supporting them or will they drop them because of their morals and the fans need to respect that.

Don't blame a journalist for doing their job. 

?? Those are what armies said. I don't condone their shits. It's not like what the reporter said was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dont mind me said:

This cannot be the endgame for the members. If it was they would have lived or bought houses overseas. They do seem to like living in SK, so I don't think this is what they want. I agree on that HYBE just doesn't care anymore, but if they are relying on the global market, actually this "scandal" is worser than a stupid missed tax payment. Western market good PR relies on not being associated with abusers. 

For my understanding koreans care more about the exempt and taxes than actual pain of women. 

Oh I doubt it's what the want, it's just the worst case scenario. What they want and expect is that the company will use money and influence to get them out of military service, it will all blow over and they'll continue on with little change. That's honestly the most likely result, followed by having to serve, but it's pretty clear from the recent moves that the Korean market for obvious reasons (it's relatively small) is less important to their success, so if they did have problems there they could deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Firestar said:

Oh I doubt it's what the want, it's just the worst case scenario. What they want and expect is that the company will use money and influence to get them out of military service, it will all blow over and they'll continue on with little change. That's honestly the most likely result, followed by having to serve, but it's pretty clear from the recent moves that the Korean market for obvious reasons (it's relatively small) is less important to their success, so if they did have problems there they could deal with it.

I don't think you should underestimate SK governmental power on this. Remember BTS was used a soft power, meaning if they are disgraced, it will also effect the government. On top of that, as far as we have seen the guys are not that bad. Misguided and perhaps a bit spoiled by power and money, but I don't think they would bring dishonor to their family. And that is a big thing in Korea. 

My gut feeling is they won't cross that line. But honestly they do deserve being dragged on this journalist harassment part. 

Edited by Dont mind me

Armys are literally bullies. I have seen the disgusting comments and doxing they do on twitter to anyone who raises a concern regarding something. Also since jimin is involved, his fans are known to be the vilest creatures in existence. They hate on idols unprovoked, running smear campaigns, creating hate pages, on twitter and on Naver and even harassed professionals when they chose another member to do a solo ad rather than jimin. So giving death threats is something they are very much used to doing. The most disgusting breed. Rather than holding their fave accountable, they want to shut down anyone who says anything against him. They behave like a cult and need mental help. 

• Like 6
  • Tea 3

1 minute ago, Articulate said:

Armys are literally bullies. I have seen the disgusting comments and doxing they do on twitter to anyone who raises a concern regarding something. Also since jimin is involved, his fans are known to be the vilest creatures in existence. They hate on idols unprovoked, running smear campaigns, creating hate pages, on twitter and on Naver and even harassed professionals when they chose another member to do a solo ad rather than jimin. So giving death threats is something they are very much used to doing. The most disgusting breed. Rather than holding their fave accountable, they want to shut down anyone who says anything against him. They behave like a cult and need mental help. 

Damn, I am not really involved in fan twitter shit, but how do they have th energy for all of this?