My Everything 23,394 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 YG has treated TOP terribly for the past five years. While he was in a coma, they said he was just sleeping. They’ve ignored him even after his scandal. Good for him. 4 3 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avarice 4,219 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 well.. it was a long time coming, but still, it's wild to read this 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jello-kitty88 784 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 Wow... Didn't see this coming... Good for him though. Being away from YG Ent will be good for him. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Siobhan Halo 2,763 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 I hope whoever represents TOP in future can get him some acting work, I've liked him in the limited roles he's had so far. 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 lmao that post about the four of them was probably after he decided to leave 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
deliriousness 2,008 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 period 57 minutes ago, rananicolee said: lmao that post about the four of them was probably after he decided to leave which post? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 Just now, Joyrider said: period which post? He posted a picture of bb with Seungri cropped out and said he loves his bands and fans. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thigh-high feminist 15,766 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 I'm surprised but, hopefully he'll do well. He's rich and grown so he'll be fine either way. I'm happy he's staying in Big Bang though. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Oli London 1,762 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 Good for him. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chimichurri 120 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 I'm happy for him! Even if he could negotiate more on his renewal, glad he's out for good! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Josaline 10,589 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 If he used the money he earned wisely, he will live well from now on. I think he wanted to leave for a long time already, he probably only made a new contract for an additional 2 years, but they couldn't be active at all because of the corona. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 21 minutes ago, Josaline said: If he used the money he earned wisely, he will live well from now on. I think he wanted to leave for a long time already, he probably only made a new contract for an additional 2 years, but they couldn't be active at all because of the corona. He'll still with bb but on his own terms. I think he decided to leave because they blatantly disrespected him in 2017 by claiming he was only sleeping when he was in his coma. He had to fight for Doom Dada to be released. Most of his solo music was shelved because the company didn't like the music HE made. 3 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angel_Nessa 11,378 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 I've never imagined Big Bang members leaving YGent. Seungri was understandable since it would be hard to support/invest in a company with a criminal in their list of artists, but now TOP is also leaving. Hyun Suk must have been very mad for TOP dating that troublemaker trainee. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angel_Nessa 11,378 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 29 minutes ago, Josaline said: If he used the money he earned wisely, he will live well from now on. I think he wanted to leave for a long time already, he probably only made a new contract for an additional 2 years, but they couldn't be active at all because of the corona. honestly, they were not active not because of covid-19, I feel like they are not ready to face the media and talk about Seungri, so maybe they were waiting for Seungri to get his sentence. Imagine Big Bang members saying Seungri acted very wrong behind their backs and later Seungri being declared innocent. It's complicated, now that the judgment has ended, the members can talk to the media. 29 minutes ago, Josaline said: If he used the money he earned wisely, he will live well from now on. I think he wanted to leave for a long time already, he probably only made a new contract for an additional 2 years, but they couldn't be active at all because of the corona. honestly, they were not active not because of covid-19, I feel like they are not ready to face the media and talk about Seungri, so maybe they were waiting for Seungri to get his sentence. Imagine Big Bang members saying Seungri acted very wrong behind their backs and later Seungri being declared innocent. It's complicated, now that the judgment has ended, the members can talk to the media. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 Now that I'm awake and can recognize what words are and...finished Euphoria THIS MAN REALLY LEFT YG. He had a two year contract when they re-signed. I'm thinking they didn't follow through with anything in his contract and he just left. I'm happy for him. Sometimes you have to make the decisions that's best for YOU. He was in LA working on music with top hiphop producers so he's probably going to release something for fans like an album that has been shelved since 2014. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mystic 6,901 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 They should all up and leave and start their own company Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 1 minute ago, Mystic said: They should all up and leave and start their own company I think they will. Seems like TOP is the only one that had a two year contract so far. The others might have a three or five year contract right now. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thigh-high feminist 15,766 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 16 hours ago, rananicolee said: YG has treated TOP terribly for the past five years. While he was in a coma, they said he was just sleeping. They’ve ignored him even after his scandal. Good for him. Wow, he was in a coma and I fell for the sleeping mess which brought him all kinds of harassment when he was super ill. I vaguely remember his mom trying to set things straight through all of the chaos. It was horrible. It seemed like his acting career was going really well before the scandal and his enlistment. If he likes acting, I hope he does more of it. People have come back from worse than he has done so I hope he is able to find more success and some happiness going forward. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 2 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said: Wow, he was in a coma and I fell for the sleeping mess which brought him all kinds of harassment when he was super ill. I vaguely remember his mom trying to set things straight through all of the chaos. It was horrible. It seemed like his acting career was going really well before the scandal and his enlistment. If he likes acting, I hope he does more of it. People have come back from worse than he has done so I hope he is able to find more success and some happiness going forward. He wasn't super ill. He tried to kill himself. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Josaline 10,589 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 1 hour ago, rananicolee said: He'll still with bb but on his own terms. I think he decided to leave because they blatantly disrespected him in 2017 by claiming he was only sleeping when he was in his coma. He had to fight for Doom Dada to be released. Most of his solo music was shelved because the company didn't like the music HE made. Yeah, ı remember there was bullshit everywhere you looked at that scandal time. YG handled the situation very, very badly. That's why I'm not too surprised at TOP's decision. 51 minutes ago, Angel_Nessa said: honestly, they were not active not because of covid-19, I feel like they are not ready to face the media and talk about Seungri, so maybe they were waiting for Seungri to get his sentence. Imagine Big Bang members saying Seungri acted very wrong behind their backs and later Seungri being declared innocent. It's complicated, now that the judgment has ended, the members can talk to the media. You are quite right. This should not be forgotten either. Seungri had claimed to be innocent for a very long time. I'm sure the members actually knew more about what was going on than we were, but they may have still waited for the verdict to be announced. Still, I think they were planning a comeback before the 2020 festival. Then maybe they could make another comeback this year, depending on the situation and the reactions to come. The pandemic has also had a negative impact on them. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 3 minutes ago, Josaline said: Yeah, ı remember there was bullshit everywhere you looked at that scandal time. YG handled the situation very, very badly. That's why I'm not too surprised at TOP's decision. You are quite right. This should not be forgotten either. Seungri had claimed to be innocent for a very long time. I'm sure the members actually knew more about what was going on than we were, but they may have still waited for the verdict to be announced. Still, I think they were planning a comeback before the 2020 festival. Then maybe they could make another comeback this year, depending on the situation and the reactions to come. The pandemic has also had a negative impact on them. Yeah they were already going to come back as four during Coachella 2020 but the pandemic happened. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thigh-high feminist 15,766 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 1 hour ago, rananicolee said: He wasn't super ill. He tried to kill himself. I know but he wasn't well. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rananicolee 10,264 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 This man has always been wanting to leave. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jencat 3,505 Posted February 7, 2022 Share Posted February 7, 2022 I haven't commented on this site for while but felt like it after seeing this. Not surprised at TOP leaving since he doesn't seem to want to be in the spotlight anymore after everything that has happened and I don't blame him. Happy to see Big Bang again though since they are what got me into KPOP. Also, what did YGE saying he was sleeping while he was in a coma come from? From what I remember, YGE actually said TOP was on an oxygen mask suffering from an overdose and the military came out and said he was just sleeping and everyone turned on the company until his mom confirmed it. https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/6fl8p9/mega_thread_top_information_and_updates/ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now