OneHallyu

[teens stories] I CRINGE SO HARD ON IDOLS' FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

[teens stories] I CRINGE SO HARD ON IDOLS' FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

Posted on November 10, 2021

I just find all idols facials cringe...

After their stages end, and they need to stare at the camera, when they're out of breath and they're acting proud? faint? confident? those expressions are freaking cringe

They have that f*cking serious expression then suddenly they switches!!! and start smiling
and then they suddenly act like those poor puppies in the rain with their puckered lips and face on the verge of tearsㅠㅠㅠㅠ
And!!!!!!!!Then!!!!!!!!!!!All of a sudden again!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're acting tough in front of the camera as if he's about to murder someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The expressions acting like this makes me so annoyed

I know the way I explained might be a bit weird but I think everyone knows what I mean right.. I know some fans sees this as a talent and they enjoy it but I find it so cringeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

I looked it up and the more they're able to change expressions the more people call them a 'genius idol' and 'star factor'....
I don't even know, I just get embarrassed for them...

Especially male idols, they're doing more and more of those... My insides just feel queasy

I understand that this is their jobs but I can't help but cringe
image.png
post response:
[+380][-447]
original post: here

1. [+446, -86]
download.gif

2. [+399, -10]
Meanwhile, people who can't do that and have a stiff expression gets mocked for being a robot..ㅋㅋ  I rather them being good at their job and be good with their facials

3. [+332, -13]
When the stage is over and they're out of breath and starring at the camera, I always feel like they're trying to act like the ending fairy by being innocent and faint.. In the past, they used to get popular by not trying and get filmed on by accident, but nowadays it just feels forced

4. [+187, -24]
You can just keep this to yourself, why make a post about itㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Who would enjoy being called queasy when you're just doing your work..?

5. [+138, -5]
Sigh this is why I should stop visiting PANN... I'm so f*cking tired of seeing people complaining about everything every dayㅋㅋ  I bet the idols who are good at facial expressions will get hurt from posts like these.. Just look at the way they're putting the Bangtan gif on the top comment to say it's cringe

6 [+132, -2]
For me it's Youtubers and mukbangers acting flirty with their expressions, it's so annoyingㅋㅋㅋ 

lol well, I must confess that I get this impression sometimes watching some stages but it's not that big of a deal.. Some idols can work better on their expressions but I'd rather watch a charismatic performance than a boring expressionless one. I appreciate that they're trying.

• Like 8

And who exactly is telling them to do all these expressions? Fans in fansigns, fans in video call events, fans in vlive comments, and variety show hosts. The idols always get asked to act sexy or do aegyo, so they start doing these expressions on stage as well cause they think this is what the fans want to see

• Like 5

I feel the same way and in my opinion, they do go a bit overboard with how fierce and intense they look but their fans like it that way, they love to see how fast the change is and are always praising them/making viral posts about their "duality" so y'know, supply and demand. It's no big deal and it's okay to like it or dislike it.

(also, why's there a picture of a bunch of buildings...? I can't even make out what it says in it)

• Tea 1

I agree it can be very cringy but I rather see OTT perfomers than people staring at the camera with a blank face. In fact, I think we should cut some slack because having crazy schedules, enduring heavy choreography and still be able to try this hard says a lot about how dedicated the person is when it comes to their job. 

Yea they can be cringe. I esp hate the lip biting and how sexy it's seen. It's such odd thing to me bc I've never bit my lip, in fact I actively try not to esp this time of year. They alr chapped, not to mention I have a scar on my lip from being hit by a car which still swells up sometimes - nawt trying to make it bleed for... Seeing someone hot? What. It's Def fanservicd to inexperience fans but it bothers me hhh and that they're trying to look sexy and they're prolly made to do that.. Super weird. 

Edited by deobizone
2 hours ago, soman said:

And who exactly is telling them to do all these expressions? Fans in fansigns, fans in video call events, fans in vlive comments, and variety show hosts. The idols always get asked to act sexy or do aegyo, so they start doing these expressions on stage as well cause they think this is what the fans want to see

also the choreographers and performance directors

if you watch behind the scenes footage or idols talking about this stuff they literally get in trouble if they don’t lol

18 minutes ago, starsocks said:

also the choreographers and performance directors

if you watch behind the scenes footage or idols talking about this stuff they literally get in trouble if they don’t lol

Yeah i heard idols get trained for everything, including the way they speak and the way they act, so this must be part of the training as well. Btw i'm probably late but why are you not choiyujins anymore?

3 hours ago, soman said:

Yeah i heard idols get trained for everything, including the way they speak and the way they act, so this must be part of the training as well. Btw i'm probably late but why are you not choiyujins anymore?

no : (

I changed my username earlier this year because I do translating/engage with korean speakers and having an idol's name led to a lot of mixups lol

• LOL 1

it can be useful though... ability to abruptly change expression anytime is a reminder that idols are mostly skilled actors and everything they do is fake and calculated. 

Edited by Sweetberry
  • Like 1

I kinda agree. Since the "ending fairy" became a thing, many idols really started to have cringy expressions at the end. It isn't really something worthy of such a lenghty post though. Makes me wonder what exactly is op doing with their life if they have time for this. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, babyv004 said:

i find the "ending fairy" a bit cringe. i wish it would stop

i never understооd from music show it came from, who came up with that idea and who made it popular
it was fine in the beginning but now it is getting a bit annoying

It came from the Produce series. Chaeyeon from DIA made it popular with hers.

DcV9.gif