OneHallyu

YG Entertainment Takes Legal Action For Malicious Rumors About Artists 

YGE released an official statement and announced that they are going to start taking strong legal action and sue those that write malicious comments and spread false rumors, for obstruction of business and defamation, to protect their artists.

YGE thanked fans for the reports and said that they are reviewing what was sent and ask that we continue to report, for the safety of their artists, moving forward.

YG has filed reports of defamation → accusation and accusation of malicious commenters for obstruction of business… "Strong legal action will be taken"

YG Entertainment Takes Legal Action For Malicious Rumors About Artists 

Edited by neozone
  • Like 3
  • neozone changed the title to YG Entertainment Takes Legal Action For Malicious Rumors About Artists 
On 10/13/2021 at 11:53 PM, rananicolee said:

I think this might be about the phone controversary about Blackpink right now. It's pretty big news in Korea. 

I'm not surprised. They were clearly making a point but that was really bold. I wonder what Samsung did to piss them off.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
28 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

I'm not surprised. They were clearly making a point but that was really bold. I wonder what Samsung did to piss them off.

1.) The girls were using iphones pre-samsung contract.  It was pretty obvious they were gonna switch back after they contract was over.

2.) The girls were not global ambassadors for Samsung, they were just for the Thailand and other SEA markets.  Samsung likely ended it because it didn't help their market share (dropped from 25% to 19% in Thailand).

• Clown 1
8 hours ago, drakan said:

1.) The girls were using iphones pre-samsung contract.  It was pretty obvious they were gonna switch back after they contract was over.

2.) The girls were not global ambassadors for Samsung, they were just for the Thailand and other SEA markets.  Samsung likely ended it because it didn't help their market share (dropped from 25% to 19% in Thailand).

Switch back, sure, but why do it so publicly together? That's what has gotten people angry (because they did it to a SK company), they look bitchy and unprofessional (Im not saying they are, but what they did does not happen...groups don't do that so what did Samsung do to deserve that is my question).

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

Switch back, sure, but why do it so publicly together? That's what has gotten people angry (because they did it to a SK company), they look bitchy and unprofessional (Im not saying they are, but what they did does not happen...groups don't do that so what did Samsung do to deserve that is my question).

They didn't do it publicly together? The photos in the post weren't even new outside of Jisoo's who made the post with new phone case, which she got like day before in some promo pack, she shared unpacking in stories.

Also the deal with Samsung ended year ago. How long should they wait until they phones are allowed to appear in mirror selfies etc.?

Models aren't obliged to purchase/use products of their contractors after their contract ended.

Edited by Danee Danee
  • Like 4
  • Clown 2
12 minutes ago, Danee Danee said:

They didn't do it publicly together? The photos in the post weren't even new outside of Jisoo's who made the post with new phone case, which she got like day before in some promo pack, she shared unpacking in stories. Also the deal with Samsung ended year ago. How long should they wait until they phones are allowed to appear in mirror selfies etc.?

No clue how long they should wait. The article looked like they all posted on the same day. Since they didn't do it together, sorry for misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

No clue how long they should wait. The article looked like they all posted on the same day. Since they didn't do it together, sorry for misunderstanding.

Yeah Jennie's post was from July. The NB post was incredibly misleading. She still has the ole agenda. 

• Like 2
  • Clown 1
42 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

The article was made to stir 💩, what else to expect. Funny thing is that BP hold onto their contract well while it lasted. Even though they still used iPhones even back then, all their official photos was either with Samsung or the phone was covered. Samsung products were featured in their mv. It went to the point when they were prohibited to make selfies with fan if the fan's phone wasn't Samsung. There were some really funny anecdotes going around about it. And now they are getting hated for not being loyal year after the contract ended. It's bs. Saying not even as their fan but more like casual follower of kpop. 

38 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

Yeah Jennie's post was from July. The NB post was incredibly misleading. She still has the ole agenda. 

The post originated from Korea and the controversy is real in Korea tbh. I doubt this is just NB agenda even though NB agenda is well known by now. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

3 minutes ago, Danee Danee said:

The article was made to stir 💩, what else to expect. Funny thing is that BP hold onto their contract well while it lasted. Even though they still used iPhones even back then, all their official photos was either with Samsung or the phone was covered. Samsung products were featured in their mv. It went to the point when they were prohibited to make selfies with fan if the fan's phone wasn't Samsung. There were some really funny anecdotes going around about it. And now they are getting hated for not being loyal year after the contract ended. It's bs. Saying not even as their fan but more like casual follower of kpop. 

The post originated from Korea and the controversy is real in Korea tbh. I doubt this is just NB agenda even though NB agenda is well known by now. 🙄

Yeah, it's easy to misunderstand what happened there, I hope the hate dies down quickly. I really get annoyed when I'm misunderstood, they must feel pretty frustrated right now. Thanks for clearing that up, guys.👍🏽

28 minutes ago, Danee Danee said:

True but NB has an agenda with the international fans. 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, Thigh-high feminist said:

Because they were not paid for more and it wasn't part of their contract? If Samsung wanted girls to keep their phones for a longer time, could have offered an additional payment. They were part of a marketing campaign which ended. As easy as that  
If we look at things from this silly "loyalty" perspective, then why is no one calling Samsung cheap for not continuing the contracts? Where is their loyalty to BlackPink? Both parties are free to promote or not promote what they want after the end of the agreement.

BlackPink are now in an open market for phone promotions. Their posts might actually attract and advertisement for iphones (who knows). Which would mean a new contract and taxes paid to Korean budget. 
All this situation does look like a planned attack kinda. No one sane would hate over obvious things like this.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MinnieMax said:

Because they were not paid for more and it wasn't part of their contract? If Samsung wanted girls to keep their phones for a longer time, could have offered an additional payment. They were part of a marketing campaign which ended. As easy as that  
If we look at things from this silly "loyalty" perspective, then why is no one calling Samsung cheap for not continuing the contracts? Where is their loyalty to BlackPink? Both parties are free to promote or not promote what they want after the end of the agreement.

BlackPink are now in an open market for phone promotions. Their posts might actually attract and advertisement for iphones (who knows). Which would mean a new contract and taxes paid to Korean budget. 
All this situation does look like a planned attack kinda. No one sane would hate over obvious things like this.

So, you didn't read further into the thread because some others already set me straight on the manner. Once it was pointed out to me that this controversy was basically fabricated, I was fine.☺️