OneHallyu

What was the most impactful debut this year?

Purple kiss seems the strongest thus far. Stayc and Weeekly (but mostly Stayc) were my favorites of last year and they are still going strong. I am hoping this year will be like last year were at least at the end of the year we got a ton of good stuff. It's been lackluster for sure but at least I have had more time to listen to older kpop since there is nothing to keep up with...kind bitter sweet. 

8 hours ago, Siobhan Halo said:

A quick video to remind us of the debuting GG so far this year:

TRI.BE - DOOM DOOM TA (debut)
PIXY - Wings (debut)
Azer - Elegante (debut)
MAJORS - Spit It Out (debut)
PURPLE KISS - Ponzona(debut)
HOT ISSUE - GRATATA (debut)
MINIMANI - STOP (debut)
LIGHTSUM - Vanilla (debut)
MISS T - Left88 Right88 (debut)
Perfume - Diary (Debut MV) Not THE Perfume
Rumble-G - Roopretelcham (Debut MV)
SKYLE - Fly Up High (debut)
Kizuna Simulation - Touch To Start! (pre-debut)
Hi-L - Too Too (22) (debut)
SOLIA - Dream (debut)
PoshGirls - Got Chu (debut)
PRITTI-G - Hola (debut, used to be kid-idol group Pritti)

I get clowned for that? Fuck me, why do I even bother?

There's so many that I don't even know 😮

From that list I only know Tri.be, Pixy, Majors, Purple Kiss, Hot Issue and Lightsum and it's not like most of them had big impact either.

So yeah, in general, a very lackluster year.

9 hours ago, Lee said:

In Korea, I think Ciipher had the highest peak for their debut?

I don't know about how they'll go with their upcoming comeback.

Oh I forgot about them. Yeah, they have the highest peak on melon but overall I didn't feel their debut was very impactful. I think people probably checked them out because they're in Rain's company but their fandom is pretty small and their sales are low so idk.

1 minute ago, hynapia said:

Oh I forgot about them. Yeah, they have the highest peak on melon but overall I didn't feel their debut was very impactful. I think people probably checked them out because they're in Rain's company but their fandom is pretty small and their sales are low so idk.

Same, as with everyone who has commented, I also didn't feel there was an debut we could describe as being "impactful" for the first half of the year.

I think for the remaining months of this year, there will be names of groups who will make an impression with their debuts.

4 minutes ago, Lee said:

Same, as with everyone who has commented, I also didn't feel there was an debut we could describe as being "impactful" for the first half of the year.

I think for the remaining months of this year, there will be names of groups who will make an impression with their debuts.

I think at this rate only Mystic gg is probably gonna have actual impact because they were really anticipated. Because other anticipated groups like GP999 winning group, Loud groups, JYP ngg, etc will debut next year. Also not sure about Hybe gg either. I expected them to debut this year but it's already september and they haven't even been announced yet unlike Mystic gg that's announced for november.

Compared to last year, even at this time groups like Cravity, Treasure, Weeekly, Secret Number, etc had debuted already and they had more hype/sales than most groups this year.

Edited by hynapia
1 minute ago, hynapia said:

I think at this rate only Mystic gg is probably gonna have actual impact because they were really anticipated. Because other anticipated groups like GP999 winning group, Loud groups, JYP ngg, etc will debut next year. Also not sure about Hybe gg either. I expected them to debut this year but it's already september and they haven't even been announced yet unlike Mystic gg that's announced for november.

Do you think Starship Entertainment's new girl group will be coming this year?

2 minutes ago, Lee said:

Do you think Starship Entertainment's new girl group will be coming this year?

Not sure because Iz*one disbanded only a few months ago and they haven't even started to introduce the trainees that are gonna be part of the group. If anything I think they'll debut early next year. I mean, it took Cravity almost a year to debut since they were introduced and Starship ngg members haven't even started to be introduced yet so...

Just now, hynapia said:

Not sure because Iz*one disbanded only a few months ago and they haven't even started to introduce the trainees that are gonna be part of the group. If anything I think they'll debut early next year. I mean, it took Cravity almost a year to debut since they were introduced and Starship ngg members haven't even started to be introduced yet so...

That is true. I guess we'll have to wait and see then. Wonyoung recently recovered from COVID-19, so I expect news about Yujin to arrive soon too.

4 hours ago, hynapia said:

i just realized but honestly i cant blame myself because hybe is confusing right now lmao but wasn't hybe's gg with sakura, chaewon, and yunjin planned for the second half of 2021? i'm not sure if that was just speculation or they actually announced it, but that's also something to look out for.

and if yg sticks to their plans, baemon as well. and i also recall a statement confirming that starship will be debuting the girl group in the last half of the year.

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

i just realized but honestly i cant blame myself because hybe is confusing right now lmao but wasn't hybe's gg with sakura, chaewon, and yunjin planned for the second half of 2021? i'm not sure if that was just speculation or they actually announced it, but that's also something to look out for.

and if yg sticks to their plans, baemon as well. and i also recall a statement confirming that starship will be debuting the girl group in the last half of the year.

Yeah, the group with sakura, chaewon, yunjin, etc was planned out but they still haven't given a concrete date (unlike mystic gg in november) and there's also no details of other possible members of anything. But I was mostly talking about the Min Heejin gg with all new faces. There's basically no news about that.

As for baemon I haven't seen any rumors about them in a while either so I wonder if they'll debut them next year. It took Winner, iKON, Blackpink and Treasure at least 1-2 years to debut so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case.