OneHallyu

What was the most impactful debut this year?

People said last year there were barely impactful debuts but at least there was groups like Aespa, Stayc, Weeekly, Treasure, Enhypen, Cravity, etc that had some hype, good sales or streams but this year it feels barely any rookie made a splash or were that much talked about. I can only think of Purple Kiss (especially now with their comeback), Lightsum and Epex to some extent (due to their album name controversy).

Edited by hynapia

tbh, also a lackluster year. most of the stronger debuts from last year were mostly in the last quarter (aespa, stayc, enhypen), so i'm just gonna pray that mystic story gg is gonna pull an uno reverse card bc right now... no one is doing it for me, but the closest is probably purple kiss as well.

also, aren't stayc, enhypen, and aespa considered 2021 rookies for end of the year awards? it's gonna be funnnnn

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

tbh, also a lackluster year. most of the stronger debuts from last year were mostly in the last quarter (aespa, stayc, enhypen), so i'm just gonna pray that mystic story gg is gonna pull an uno reverse card bc right now... no one is doing it for me, but the closest is probably purple kiss as well.

also, aren't stayc, enhypen, and aespa considered 2021 rookies for end of the year awards? it's gonna be funnnnn

I was gonna say GP999 group too but if I'm not mistaken they'll debut early next year because the show doesn't end until october.

And yes, all the groups that debuted in november/december count for 2021 awards. I think aespa/stayc/enhypen are gonna take everything this year because 2021 rookies are barely having any impact in the charts or sales.

20 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

I have to go with Tri.be. Has there been more?

The late 2020 debuts have kinda stomped on everyone else.

There's been quite a few. For ggs, I'd say Purple Kiss (from Mamamoo/Oneus's company) and Lightsum (from Cube) are a bit more popular than Tri.be, and for bgs I guess Mirae (from DSP) and Epex (from C9) are the only decently popular this year. I saw this but it's only physical sales, not overall impact.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GetRapper said:

Slim pickings so far. I think Mirae has the highest sales from what I read on Twitter but we'll see. Probably them and TRI.BE.

Yep, Mirae so far has the biggest cumulative sales (with 2 albums) but Epex has the highest selling album because those 49k are from their debut album only.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hynapia said:

There's been quite a few. For ggs, I'd say Purple Kiss (from Mamamoo/Oneus's company) and Lightsum (from Cube) are a bit more popular than Tri.be, and for bgs I guess Mirae (from DSP) and Epex (from C9) are the only decently popular this year. I saw this but it's only physical sales, not overall impact.

Damnnn, how'd I forget Purple Kiss?? They were my most anticipated rookies but I didn't like their debut song. Love zombie and their talent though. They're tied with Tri.be for me then. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Thigh-high feminist said:

Damnnn, how'd I forget Purple Kiss?? They were my most anticipated rookies but I didn't like their debut song. Love zombie and their talent though. They're tied with Tri.be for me then. Thanks!

Zombie is probably my favorite song from 2021 rookies (and just one of my favorites in general tbh, it's so catchy).

1 hour ago, satoori said:

most of groups that debuted this year have been forgettable. even purple kiss, who initially i was very hyped about. i suspect the last part of the year will give us at least 2-3 strong debuts.

I didn't find their debut song very memorable but I absolutely loved their recent comeback.

But yeah, I agree this was one of the most meh years for debuts, and for kpop in general. Very few impactful songs tbh.

1 hour ago, Specialsnowflakes said:

You mean 2021?

lol yes 2021.

#mess my brain already thinking in 2022 DHFFKGKDLLS

1 hour ago, hynapia said:

I didn't find their debut song very memorable but I absolutely loved their recent comeback.

But yeah, I agree this was one of the most meh years for debuts, and for kpop in general. Very few impactful songs tbh.

exactly TT

6 minutes ago, satoori said:

lol yes 2021.

#mess my brain already thinking in 2022 DHFFKGKDLLS

exactly TT

at least we got two fromis_9 comebacks (even though talk and talk wasn't my cup of tea)!!! 

oprah-well-hello-lets-celebrate-that.gif

• Like 1

In Korea, I think Ciipher had the highest peak for their debut?

I don't know about how they'll go with their upcoming comeback.

Edited by Lee

A quick video to remind us of the debuting GG so far this year:

TRI.BE - DOOM DOOM TA (debut)
PIXY - Wings (debut)
Azer - Elegante (debut)
MAJORS - Spit It Out (debut)
PURPLE KISS - Ponzona(debut)
HOT ISSUE - GRATATA (debut)
MINIMANI - STOP (debut)
LIGHTSUM - Vanilla (debut)
MISS T - Left88 Right88 (debut)
Perfume - Diary (Debut MV) Not THE Perfume
Rumble-G - Roopretelcham (Debut MV)
SKYLE - Fly Up High (debut)
Kizuna Simulation - Touch To Start! (pre-debut)
Hi-L - Too Too (22) (debut)
SOLIA - Dream (debut)
PoshGirls - Got Chu (debut)
PRITTI-G - Hola (debut, used to be kid-idol group Pritti)

I get clowned for that? Fuck me, why do I even bother?

Edited by Siobhan Halo
clowned
  • Like 4
  • Clown 1