OneHallyu

My mother sometimes doesn't understand no

There are times last year when I want to spend the weekends at home but my mom would insist me to go to her hometown (as if she would drop dead if I don't follow). Although it is not far but I usually reserved weekends to relax and do chores. When we go there, we would stay there for a night.

Guess what I usually did there? Playing phone or iPad the whole time. This is why I sometimes hate going there. It's boring, I want to do something like my chores, watch videos and learn something. We would always went back after lunch and left me half a day to do chores like wash my clothes, washing the car, cleaning the bathroom and mop the floor. Even if the chores are spread throughout the week, I just felt tired when I went back home.

There are times when my unemployed cousin just told me that I already rested from Monday to Friday at home. I really wanted to pull her into my home to help me with the chores

How should I properly tell my mother no?

P.S. I already install a taxi booking app just in case

On 8/30/2021 at 12:23 AM, Angy said:

Tell her what you just wrote here

Traveling makes you tired and you have chores to do

Tried that. She still insist that I have to visit.

I have a solution here. Next time if my mom force me to visit her hometown, I would tell her that I don't want to go anywhere, which leave me alone in my aunt's home, I would quickly call the taxi app to go back home leaving her there to spend all the time she wants 😁

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 8:43 AM, Kstarnet said:

Tried that. She still insist that I have to visit.

I have a solution here. Next time if my mom force me to visit her hometown, I would tell her that I don't want to go anywhere, which leave me alone in my aunt's home, I would quickly call the taxi app to go back home leaving her there to spend all the time she wants 😁

Life is quite often very unpredictable, difficult and sometimes words of support cannot be heard even from those closest to you, sometimes you can quarrel with them very much. But still life goes on and on this page I recently read several articles about life, about everything that happens to us in life, about difficulties and victories. This inspired me.

This solution is perfect. In such cases, I always try to tell the truth that I do not want to go anywhere. This often ends in a scandal.

Edited by Zev Anderson