OneHallyu

THE BOYZ reportedly to make their comeback on August 9th

ONF and The Boyz are coming back at the same day! It's interesting to see these two groups in a friendly competition since I believe ONF has better digitals (please correct me) and The Boyz's physicals grew a lot more.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SLY said:

ONF and The Boyz are coming back at the same day! It's interesting to see these two groups in a friendly competition since I believe ONF has better digitals (please correct me) and The Boyz's physicals grew a lot more.

ooh it's fun that their promo periods will overlap so much

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

august is a FILLED month, esp for boy groups

astro, golcha, onf, cix, txt, skz, the boyz, cravity

then we have sunmi, weeekly, red velvet, somi

that's gonna be a bloodbath omg. And I want all of them to get a win but it's gonna be so hard.

7 hours ago, SLY said:

ONF in general charts a bit higher (especially in Genie) but TBZ is not much more different, actually. They've charted nearly top 100 on melon once if I'm not mistaken and like top 5-10 in Genie. But of course TBZ has way better physicals and voting power.

20 minutes ago, hynapia said:

that's gonna be a bloodbath omg. And I want all of them to get a win but it's gonna be so hard.

same smh. i'm a bit biased but i hope cix and onf makes it out alive. onf has pretty decent digitals and if their song is really good, i can see them going viral like beautiful beautiful again. it would be cix's first album, and fans tend to go all out in physicals for first albums

58 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

same smh. i'm a bit biased but i hope cix and onf makes it out alive. onf has pretty decent digitals and if their song is really good, i can see them going viral like beautiful beautiful again. it would be cix's first album, and fans tend to go all out in physicals for first albums

ONF could still get a win (especially if TBZ don't go to The Show) because they have pretty good digitals but I'm not sure about CIX because they barely chart and their physical sales have been on a decline too 😕 Their last mini sold like 65k, just 10k more than Epex's current sales on Hanteo and Epex just debuted basically...

Just now, hynapia said:

ONF could still get a win (especially if TBZ don't go to The Show) because they have pretty good digitals but I'm not sure about CIX because they barely chart and their physical sales have been on a decline too 😕 Their last mini sold like 65k, just 10k more than Epex's current sales on Hanteo and Epex just debuted basically...

yeah, but it's still better than the mini album before their latest one, which should around 59k. honestly, i think ppl forget that the next album's sales is the outcome of the previous comeback's success. not sure if numb brought in that many fans and combined with the delay of jungle, the cancelling of their fanmeet tour due to covid, cancelling of their first concert (which should've increased sales), jinyoung's injury, it's not a surprise jungle era sold the least. but it brought in a lot of fans, and it looks like they're hopefully back on track. cinema brought in A LOT of fans as well, simply because it was such a good song. but cix has the same problem as everglow. too many casual fans, not enough fans who ult them. thank god there's only five of them, because if c9 debuted a big group like epex... 💀

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

yeah, but it's still better than the mini album before their latest one, which should around 59k. honestly, i think ppl forget that the next album's sales is the outcome of the previous comeback's success. not sure if numb brought in that many fans and combined with the delay of jungle, the cancelling of their fanmeet tour due to covid, cancelling of their first concert (which should've increased sales), jinyoung's injury, it's not a surprise jungle era sold the least. but it brought in a lot of fans, and it looks like they're hopefully back on track. cinema brought in A LOT of fans as well, simply because it was such a good song. but cix has the same problem as everglow. too many casual fans, not enough fans who ult them. thank god there's only five of them, because if c9 debuted a big group like epex... 💀

Yeah, it's true there was a series of events that made Jungle their least successful era sales wise but still 59k is really low for a group like CIX that's not super popular or anything, but still one of the most popular groups of 2019 and even charted on melon at debut. For comparison even onlyoneof's last album sold similarly and they don't chart anywhere and don't have popular members like Jinyoung/Seunghun/BX either.

I really hope they increase their sales this time because their music it's one of the best from 4th gen groups tbh. But I agree they're kinda like groups such as Everglow, Rocket Punch, Fromis9 or even ONF...The type of groups that have a good chunk of casual fans checking out their comebacks but don't necessarily buy a lot of albums. All those groups are well known but their sales have never surpassed 50-80k at most.

Edited by hynapia