OneHallyu

1 FNC's trainee in Girls Planet 999 is half Vietnamese

One contestant in Girls Planet 999 is half Taiwanese, half Vietnamese (her mother is Vietnamese): Nancy/Hsu Nien Tzu (Hứa Niệm Từ)

She even speak a little bit Vietnamese in her PR clip with her accent: "Xin chào, con tên Hứa Niệm Từ. Con năm nay 18 tuổi. Con thích nhảy, con thích ăn dâu, con thích uống sữa dâu. Con xin cám ơn!"

She is FNC's trainee, came along with Cherry Bullet's Bora, Jiwon, May and actress Lee Chaeyun.

Edited by ruru1006
  • Like 4
  • ruru1006 changed the title to 1 FNC's trainee in Girls Planet 999 is half Vietnamese

She's half vietnamese half taiwanese. Mother is viet while father is taiwanese. Her english name is Nancy, Hsu Nien Tzu in chinese and Hứa Niệm Từ. She's from FNC, along with Cherry Bullet Bora, May, Jiwon and teen actress Lee Chaeyun.  @hynapia @satoori @Ghosty  @Lubbin

She presents herself in vietnamese at 0:24. 

Edited by Moruk Laplamiz

Ooh she's really cute. I hope she at least survives until the finals.

The problem with this show is that only 3 girls of each country/region can debut so there's very few chances for most of them.

1 hour ago, hynapia said:

Ooh she's really cute. I hope she at least survives until the finals.

The problem with this show is that only 3 girls of each country/region can debut so there's very few chances for most of them.

Yeah I know it's gonna be difficult for her. However, if she doesn't make it, she might debut in future FNC group. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, felidae said:

When I read half Taiwanese I thought she'd join Chinese team. "But FNC?" Turns out she's in Korean team lmao.

Idk her but I wish her well.

Actually, she's in C-Team.

Only Cherry Bullet's Bora, Jiwon and teen actress Chaeyun are in K-Team.

Cherry Bullet's May is Japanese so she's in J-Team. 

8 minutes ago, ruru1006 said:

Actually, she's in C-Team.

Only Cherry Bullet's Bora, Jiwon and teen actress Chaeyun are in K-Team.

Cherry Bullet's May is Japanese so she's in J-Team. 

OH! Thanks for the correction I thought speaking korean = korean team

Just now, felidae said:

OH! Thanks for the correction I thought speaking korean = korean team

No problem. I think this is their smart move so they will have chances in each team if the rumor "only 3 in each team can debut in a group of 9" is true. 

Currently May is popular in J-Team while Jiwon and Chaeyun is popular in K-Team.

2 hours ago, Moruk Laplamiz said:

Yeah I know it's gonna be difficult for her. However, if she doesn't make it, she might debut in future FNC group. 

True, or she could even be added to Chebul since 3 members left (+ one of them could even end up in this group since they sent Jiwon, May and Bora).

Edited by hynapia
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, hynapia said:

True, or she could even be added to Chebul since 3 members left (+ one of them could even end up in this group since they sent Jiwon, May and Bora).

If she joined CB, then FNC just hit the jackpot with vietnamese fans. They are going go in masses to support the group!

• Like 1
On 7/22/2021 at 1:56 PM, hynapia said:

Spoiler

Honestly, the more I think about it the more it makes sense for fnc to add the two other 999 trainees assuming that none of them make it into the final group. FNC clearly wanted Chebul to be their Twice/SNSD type group, as seen by the foreign line at debut consisting of 3 Japanese and 1 taiwanese member, the bright concept, as well as the many snsd covers the group has done.

After Mirae, Kokoro, and Linlin left they tried doing girl crush but it didn't stick and they blended in with the crowd and they've gone back to something closer to their original concept. Adding 2 girls now would bring them up to that blessed 9 and both of them suit the cuter concept very well. Nancy would fill in the gap left by Linlin as a Mandarin speaker and add the Vietnamese market as well. Chaeyun is quite similar visually to both Kokoro and Mirae and is big stan attractor (she's in the top three Korean contestants in most of the girls planet polls in SK and Japan rn) and is an actress/youtuber and she could bring more attention to the group by doing either of those things. Both girls are only one year different from the current maknae: Nancy (03), May (04), Chaeyun (05) so there's not a super awkward age gap. Admittedly they're both rough around the edges but for a 9 member group they hardly have to be IU's or anything. 

Ofc if Chaeyun makes it into the final group, as she's likely to, I imagine they'll just keep Cherry Bullet as is, transition them into a more mature concept, and to get ready for the next gg. But if none of the five they sent make it I think it'd be a smart idea + it wouldn't be the 1st time FNC added a survival show trainee to a underperforming group (see n.flying). 

Shes pretty. but the chinese supremacists are going to have a field day with her. They'll be eager to point out her chinese heritage every chance they'll get and will try to claim credit for her. Even derogatory implying the only reason she is pretty is because she is mixed with chinese.

I just hope the viet community is ready to deal with that BS

Edited by Walmart Goddess