OneHallyu

Cheng Xiao criticized for donation amount as idol fan netizens turn Henan floods into Idol Donation Olympics 

Incomplete list of celebrity/group donations and amounts 

Certain netizens were quick to point out that Xiao will easily sport a ¥150,000 Chanel bag but only managed to donate a "measly"  ¥100,000 (USD $15,000) while her idol labelmates such as Meng Meiqi, Huang Minghao, and Wu Xuanyi each donated ¥1,000,000 (USD $150,000), ¥1,000,000 (USD $150,000), and ¥500,000 (USD $77,000) respectively.

Irritated by the comments, Cheng Xiao posted a response to the negativity alongside the dictionary definition of the two Chinese characters for "donation"

Paraphrased: 

"Criticism for donating, criticism for not donating, criticism for donating too much, criticism for donating to little, since when is a person measured by the amount of their donation?"

Cheng Xiao has since deleted the response post 

Edited by 5201314
  • 5201314 changed the title to Cheng Xiao criticized for amount of donation as idol fan netizens turn Henan floods into Idol Donation Olympics 
  • 5201314 changed the title to Cheng Xiao criticized for donation amount as idol fan netizens turn Henan floods into Idol Donation Olympics 

like all the comments have said, she still donated. that's more than the celebs who haven't, lol. it's not like she's jeff bezos or smth

and how do we not know that the items weren't something from her closet, that was dressed by the stylist, or was sponsored? smh.

Edited by Ghosty

Those are probably sponsored bc there's no way my fave could wear designer clothes several days after her debut where she didn't have any endorsement but one featuring in the survival show lol.

I don't know her image and how "disliked" she is (bc of that eSports drama?) but she at least donated and probably donated  more quietly. People should just mind their own business, and while I really understand why she respony, it'd be better if she didn't.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, felidae said:

Those are probably sponsored bc there's no way my fave could wear designer clothes several days after her debut where she didn't have any endorsement but one featuring in the survival show lol.

I don't know her image and how "disliked" she is (bc of that eSports drama?) but she at least donated and probably donated  more quietly. People should just mind their own business, and while I really understand why she respony, it'd be better if she didn't.

She was hated for that drama? I watched an episode of it and thought she was pretty cute in it?

2 minutes ago, Xin said:

She was hated for that drama? I watched an episode of it and thought she was pretty cute in it?

Oh I just remembered her agency said something about slandering towards her  because she acted on the drama. It's very unfortunate because it's all the writer fault. I know many people enjoyed the drama but the story is very controversial.

10 hours ago, felidae said:

Oh I just remembered her agency said something about slandering towards her  because she acted on the drama. It's very unfortunate because it's all the writer fault. I know many people enjoyed the drama but the story is very controversial.

If I understand correctly, the cast got a lot of flack because it was already known that the author not just plagiarised and harmed other content creators especially one, but slandered real people and insulted e-sports. The content is pretty bad to boot, so I don't know how anyone would even want to sign up for a role like that, especially with all the controversies.

12 hours ago, KentasGlittery EyeMakeup said:

If I understand correctly, the cast got a lot of flack because it was already known that the author not just plagiarised and harmed other content creators especially one, but slandered real people and insulted e-sports. The content is pretty bad to boot, so I don't know how anyone would even want to sign up for a role like that, especially with all the controversies.

Oh wow, I totally didn't know that! I just watched a few episodes because it looked cute. Thanks for the info!

4 hours ago, Xin said:

Oh wow, I totally didn't know that! I just watched a few episodes because it looked cute. Thanks for the info!

If anything, this would be her team's fault for finding her this project. 

The author stole someone else's story, put real people in it, changed their names and made bank.

Nobody making the series knows a single thing about esports and it shows. The fandoms of the people they used as characters and esports fans feel disrespected. 

The show is not doing a good job in showing how esports are. 

Edited by KentasGlittery EyeMakeup
  • Like 1
On 7/22/2021 at 3:42 AM, felidae said:

People should just mind their own business, and while I really understand why she respony, it'd be better if she didn't.

I think everyone on social media would be better off if they followed this. Rarely is anything positive gained from responding to people looking for a reason to criticize on social media.