OneHallyu

Miyawaki Sakura, HKT48 Yabuki Nako and AKB48 Honda Hitomi are now listed as artists managed by Vernalossom

1 hour ago, Youahaen said:

So does this throw that HYBE rumor out of the window?

Hmmm idk...seems like a place holder for now..

This company hasn't done much for other 48 members international careers. But perhaps they will be better now..

5 hours ago, satoori said:

This company hasn't done much for other 48 members international careers. But perhaps they will be better now..

Are they Japanese-Korean joint company?

7 hours ago, Youahaen said:

So does this throw that HYBE rumor out of the window?

Yes most likely. But HYBE, if they dabble in being a record label, can still sign Sakura. Sometimes you can have 2 agencies managing you. 

8 hours ago, blank_stare said:

Are they Japanese-Korean joint company?

Yes most likely. But HYBE, if they dabble in being a record label, can still sign Sakura. Sometimes you can have 2 agencies managing you. 

I don't know tbh...but even if they're fully Japanese, they can still try to do a better job with international promotions...

One of the main reasons some of these jpop idols are interested in kpop companies is because the companies are better with international management and appeal.

Edited by satoori
On 7/21/2021 at 8:24 PM, satoori said:

i am not much into International careers stuff tbh they are no longer kpop idols for that matter even NiZiU is not that known Internationally although they are under JYP & Sony..

looking at the bright side Nako is getting jobs left n right she's too busy to even appear on Team H RESET theater stage which means she's doing great 

don't know much about Hitomi but she's part of the new AKB's Senbatsu and I heard their new single is doing great!! 🤔 the main issue is the Management for sure but also the fact that AKB is based in Tokyo lol 😗.

well at least HKT is not in Tokyo their new agency "Mercury" is doing a pretty good job with Fukuoka's local government stuff which they managed to get a lot of jobs for the HKT members ^^ if you go to Fukuoka now you will probably gonna come across a lot of HKT stuff which wasn't the case when they were under the old agency but its weird that Sakura & Nako are still under the old agency well Sakura have graduated that's that but Nako is still an HKT member so idk.. 

Edited by Mami3chan
21 hours ago, Mami3chan said:

i am not much into International careers stuff tbh they are no longer kpop idols for that matter even NiZiU is not that known Internationally although they are under JYP & Sony..

looking at the bright side Nako is getting jobs left n right she's too busy to even appear on Team H RESET theater stage which means she's doing great 

don't know much about Hitomi but she's part of the new AKB's Senbatsu and I heard their new single is doing great!! 🤔 the main issue is the Management for sure but also the fact that AKB is based in Tokyo lol 😗.

well at least HKT is not in Tokyo their new agency "Mercury" is doing a pretty good job with Fukuoka's local government stuff which they managed to get a lot of jobs for the HKT members ^^ if you go to Fukuoka now you will probably gonna come across a lot of HKT stuff which wasn't the case when they were under the old agency but its weird that Sakura & Nako are still under the old agency well Sakura have graduated that's that but Nako is still an HKT member so idk.. 

Alot of great points here

But there's still a slight difference depending on what kpop company they join. Kpop companies are simply better at reaching more ifans. Even Nizui is alot more relevant in some countries with ifans compared to their Japanese counterparts due to being part of Jyp (or the kpop) brand.

3 hours ago, satoori said:

Alot of great points here

But there's still a slight difference depending on what kpop company they join. Kpop companies are simply better at reaching more ifans. Even Nizui is alot more relevant in some countries with ifans compared to their Japanese counterparts due to being part of Jyp (or the kpop) brand.

tbh we don't even know how good NiziU would have been if covid wasn't around cause tours & concerts are just so important 

I saw some people waiting for Nako to leave HKT but the thing is she doesn't need to leave in order to be signed under a new agency she can be under two agencies while still in HKT for example Sakura have left but she's still under one agency while Murashige Anna is under two Agencies in HKT and that's opens her up for a lot of opportunities 

I think it's up to agencies to try and grab Nako and offer her a flexible contract not a scary exclusive contract 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Mami3chan said:

tbh we don't even know how good NiziU would have been if covid wasn't around cause tours & concerts are just so important 

I saw some people waiting for Nako to leave HKT but the thing is she doesn't need to leave in order to be signed under a new agency she can be under two agencies while still in HKT for example Sakura have left but she's still under one agency while Murashige Anna is under two Agencies in HKT and that's opens her up for a lot of opportunities 

I think it's up to agencies to try and grab Nako and offer her a flexible contract not a scary exclusive contract 

Agree touring is a huge part of kpop market

Also yea they absolutely can still stay with their groups while still signing with a kpop company for individual global activities depending on what's offer to them.

Tho if they're interested in being in another kpop group then they might have to leave their jpop groups. Which could lead to exclusive contracts...

13 hours ago, satoori said:

Agree touring is a huge part of kpop market

Also yea they absolutely can still stay with their groups while still signing with a kpop company for individual global activities depending on what's offer to them.

Tho if they're interested in being in another kpop group then they might have to leave their jpop groups. Which could lead to exclusive contracts...

I doubt they would leave a well paying job. Nako and Hitomi knows they aren’t as famous or popular as Sakura. Going international cost money while staying in japan doesn’t cost as much and they’re pretty much baby’d in Japanese company. They have to factor in too, if and when international fans loses interest on them, they might be able to get back to Japan. 

Dual or Multiple contracts are more accepted in Japan. 

4 hours ago, blank_stare said:

I doubt they would leave a well paying job. Nako and Hitomi knows they aren’t as famous or popular as Sakura. Going international cost money while staying in japan doesn’t cost as much and they’re pretty much baby’d in Japanese company. They have to factor in too, if and when international fans loses interest on them, they might be able to get back to Japan. 

Dual or Multiple contracts are more accepted in Japan. 

I guess it depends on what type of contract their offered and in general what each idol want to do with their current carreers.

Side note: They can make good money with a good company and group. As we all know kpop idola promote and tour in japan too.