Jump to content
OneHallyu

Chaeryeong says she’s not the prettiest in Itzy


Recommended Posts

She's actually one of the members that caught my attention the most so of course she has the beauty plus she's a huge SONE.

 

Also I just recently discovered ITZY, dang their good! 

 

WANNABEE is a Cultural Moment 

 

:cm:

  • Love 3
  • Dislike 1
  • WTF 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That kind of answers can mean many things though, it doesn't necesarly mean that she has low self-esteem or that she thinks she's ugly or that she's not pretty

 

Maybe she just thinks another member is prettier than her, or that her attractiveness comes from a different place (being smart, cute, sexy, confident, etc.)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest, I didn't think she was idol-standard pretty when she I saw her in Sixteen, but I've seen her recently in an interview and I was like "damn, is that the same girl". Then I kept noticing her because she was pretty. If I ranked Itzy now, I'd say she's on par with Yeji after Yuna in terms of attractiveness. Maybe even prettier than Yeji? I don't know, but she's very pretty!

tumblr_o6r0w8dOYE1u3iue1o1_400.gifv

 

Wanted to add that imo she looked the best this era:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lubbin said:

Bish prob look like a whole obsese hairy foot talking about Chaeryeong, pft 

No one is calling her ugly in this thread. The only one calling people names in this thread is you. Hypocrite, take a motherfucking seat.

  • Like 1
  • Clown 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaeryung definitely have insecurity issues similar to her sister, i remember an interview where she talk in lengthy about some bad commentary she gets on her visual, which is a shame because shes beautiful and on top of that, a hella talented person. No one should surrender to the hate comment, they should know that it always come from the lesser people who have nothing going on in their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because if she answered yes for "do you think you're the prettiest members" question someone asked, she will be safe from people bashing her and "omG she so arrogant" comments? 

I don't see any "she thinks she isn't pretty" vibe from anyone especially herself from that answer, except maybe you, OP, for assuming so. 

Unless I'm missing something more than the short answer. Girl is pretty, people think she is pretty, and hopefully she knows that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

idk i get mixed feelings on this?

like, being humble and downplaying your own qualities is a Thing in korea, especially among public figures like idols (that's why when people accept prizes, they tend to give speeches abt how they're still lacking in a lot of ways, it's a cultural thing)

but with chaeryeong in specific it's tricky bc while the chae sisters are gorgeous, they don't rly fit the standard of korean beauty, and that's definitely something they had to grapple with in all the years they've spent as trainees and now as idols

if this rly is something she struggles with, i hope all the support she gets from her group and from their fans can help

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lilyli said:

idk i get mixed feelings on this?

like, being humble and downplaying your own qualities is a Thing in korea, especially among public figures like idols (that's why when people accept prizes, they tend to give speeches abt how they're still lacking in a lot of ways, it's a cultural thing)

but with chaeryeong in specific it's tricky bc while the chae sisters are gorgeous, they don't rly fit the standard of korean beauty, and that's definitely something they had to grapple with in all the years they've spent as trainees and now as idols

if this rly is something she struggles with, i hope all the support she gets from her group and from their fans can help

Yeah it's the hidden meaning behind it that disturbs the people tbh. It must be hard to have support from company considering jyp more or less support some unhealthy behaviours rip so i hope girls can help her have more confidence in herself 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

why is there a thread for this in the news section? if another female idol, let's say joy, said this would there be a similar thread in the news section?

just like a user said here:

11 hours ago, marin karin said:

I think it’s sad that it matters

 

  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Yeah it's the hidden meaning behind it that disturbs the people tbh. It must be hard to have support from company considering jyp more or less support some unhealthy behaviours rip so i hope girls can help her have more confidence in herself 

yeah that makes sense 😕

i wish companies in general were better with this sort of thing, especially with how young some of these kids are? chae is an adult now, but she was like, 13 when she joined jype (・・;)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Oli London said:

No one is calling her ugly in this thread. The only one calling people names in this thread is you. Hypocrite, take a motherfucking seat.

No one was talking to your stupid ass. And they did, so bite me. If you can come into a thread and be shady, than expect similar treatment to comeback. That’s not being a hypocrite you buffoon, especially when I said probably and didn’t make a definite statement on their looks like your little butt buddy did.

Edited by Lubbin
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1
  • WTF 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pinkpanda_spirit said:

why is there a thread for this in the news section? if another female idol, let's say joy, said this would there be a similar thread in the news section?

just like a user said here:

 

You quoted that quote, yet made a comparison towards two idols, one of who have nothing to do with the topic at hand

Also Joy didn’t get bullied for her looks nor did she have to see her sister face similar treatment. Chaeryeong on the other hand did, so again don’t understand the point here 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with being honest and self aware.  She has a great physique and she's dripping with feminine energy compared to the other girls so who cares if she's not the looker of the group. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 1:44 PM, Lubbin said:

No one was talking to your stupid ass. And they did, so bite me. If you can come into a thread and be shady, than expect similar treatment to comeback. That’s not being a hypocrite you buffoon, especially when I said probably and didn’t make a definite statement on their looks like your little butt buddy did.

Back at that naming calling again, eh? You're everything that's wrong with the kpop community. That toxic attitude makes you fucking ugly and stanning your fave is never gonna make you as pretty as them. And no they didn't call her ugly. Learn to read. Disagreeing with you must be the same thing as insulting her. Like, just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you doesn't mean they're outright calling her ugly. But you, you is ugly with that ugly personality. 

  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oli London said:

Back at that naming calling again, eh? 

Yep, and? Your ass was the one who came at me first, so don’t try to play boohoo confused victim now, cuz no one quoted your ignorant self yet you tried it with me with the smugness when no one was talking to you

And I’m not reading the rest of that bafoonery

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess some people don't understand what this mean...

Chaeryeong is VERY INSECURE about her looks. I remember when Yuna (?) called her pretty & she cried. The girl has been getting shit on for looks even before debut to point her mother had to make a statement about it.

I hope she is doing great & that she knows she is very beautiful!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top