OneHallyu

Official Produce 101 Japan △ SEASON TWO △ Thread

Produce 101 Japan Season 2 - generasia

Produce 101 Japan is a Japanese reality competition show and a spin-off of the South Korean television series Produce 101. The show follows 101 trainees with the intention of producing an 11-member boy band. The members, group name, and concepts are selected by viewers, referred to as "national producers".

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire first round of the second season will be conducted online, meaning only the top 60 will proceed to actual on-site filming.

TRAINEES

https://produce101.jp/profile/list?lang=en

Spoiler

spacer.png

USEFUL LINKS

Official Website - GYAO! - YouTube - Twitter - Instagram - TikTok

Oshimen/Bias Sorter - Twitter Ranking

• Like 1

Thank you for creating the thread, OP!
Last season's official OH thread was a good source of up-to-date info and viewer feedback abt the show and the trainees! 
so i'm looking forward to this thread too! 

Trainee clips are already up in Gyao but they're not in YT yet. 
And the Gyao vids are region-locked. :cry: 
Found this spreadsheet from the PDJS2 discord that might help though.  [x]
Source:  [x

There's also a PDJS2 reddit, weibo, douban, and bilibili too! 
Plus at least 3 fansub teams (2 Eng, 1 CN).  
So despite the region-lock, fans can still get tons of content. 

Edited by namidaone
fixed link
  • Love 1

PDJ S2 Trainees' Tsukame Dance vids are now in YT! 
They're using Tsukame and not the new theme song bc the show hasn't technically started yet. 
What aired just recently was the countdown vid. 
Here's the vid with the highest viewcount so far 

His name is Tajima Shogo and he's an ex-Johnny's Jr trainee/member 
He left Johnny's in 2016, went to SK to train but came back in 2019. So he knows how to speak Kr. 
And aside fr dancing he's also good at rapping (the rap in his Vocal vid was his original work)

i'm still in the process of watching all the vids so my picks haven't been finalized but i really like takatsuka hiromu and xu fengfan!

is kimura masaya known from anything?  he seems to consistently rank high on twitter and his videos have quite a few views as well

24 minutes ago, namidaone said:

His name is Tajima Shogo and he's an ex-Johnny's Jr trainee/member 
He left Johnny's in 2016, went to SK to train but came back in 2019. So he knows how to speak Kr. 

makes sense why i see so many korean comments on his dance vid then.  he's definitely skilled--his moves are very clean and powerful

On 2/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, love said:

i'm still in the process of watching all the vids so my picks haven't been finalized but i really like takatsuka hiromu and xu fengfan!

is kimura masaya known from anything?  he seems to consistently rank high on twitter and his videos have quite a few views as well

I liked Xu Fengfan's dance and I'm glad he's getting a lot of attention for it. 
Masaya is a friend of JO1 Ren and he's also a backup dancer but I liked his Shine a light Vocal cover more than his Tsukame Dance. 
His voice cracked a bit at some of the high notes but he still had a big smile on his face so I find it v refreshing.  😄 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoaLyxXOJY

Edited by namidaone
edit: replaced bili vid w/ official YT vid

Overall from what we've seen so far the trainees are kinda... blending in, not in a way they're just that good but like... they all have pretty average or bad star quality, even Shogo's is pretty average for someone getting so much attention.
In terms of skills the overall thing is kinda better than s1 which had... few good trainees, some average and a lot of bad ones... but again, a lot of average ones which makes it a bit boring, definitely not as many bad trainees but I'm also missing those ''few'' good ones, hopefully they'll improve through the show.

These are the ones that caught my attention but I'm only rlly ''interested'' in Hiromu and Hideaki for now...
screenshot.png

2 hours ago, Cosmic Warrior said:

Will they fly to Korea to film the theme song like previous season?

Because of the situation... I don't think so? But so far we don't even know if there'll be a theme song, this 1st evaluation is online so it's all based in the videos they released + extra stuff they're gonna release till feb 10th when the voting ends, then the top60 trainees will move onto the next eval, aka the ''actual'' show

11 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Because of the situation... I don't think so? But so far we don't even know if there'll be a theme song, this 1st evaluation is online so it's all based in the videos they released + extra stuff they're gonna release till feb 10th when the voting ends, then the top60 trainees will move onto the next eval, aka the ''actual'' show

Oh that would be something new if they drop the theme song. But I have a feeling they will include one, but filming it in Japan, if it's too difficult to travel to Korea. 

XHU7qHr.png?1

actually, even looking at this now i would probably replace someone on the bottom row with ibuki just because i found him charming (even if he wasn't particularly good at singing or anything lol)

like green said there are only a few trainees who i'm really interested in, the rest i just thought were stable.  shogo was someone who i liked in the dance vid but not the vocal/rap vid.  i tend to skew more towards vocal performance just since that's more my area of interest.

my top picks for now are hiromu and xu fengfan even though his dancing was miles better than his singing...i think renta is quite good for his age (he reminds me of inoue minato..anyone else agree?) and i loved kyosuke and tomoki's singing ❤️

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IT’S HERE

thoughts, feelings?!

the song is so damn catchy, they did it again

Spoiler

so happy to see hiromu as A class (from what i can tell) and last ending fairy!! really excited for fujimaki kyosuke too

kimura masaya as center kinda surprised me but also didn’t?? he killed it btw

fancams are up!

honorary mention to hiroto for doing the absolute most with his facial expressions...he's into it, folks

fujimaki kyosuke seems to have gained a large following, judging by his view count and twitter engagement...that makes me happy, though, he's one of my picks!

and hiromu cutest human being, thanks for coming to my ted talk

watched the eng subbed livestream this morning!

here are some of my faves...1 through 8 are pretty solid in my "i like them" list, while the last 3 are more "they're alright"

and yes i know some of them haven't performed yet T.T i still like them okay

Screenshot_38.png