OneHallyu

[NB] Idol trainees reveal that agencies encourage male idols to engage in 'gay fan service'

20210113000973_0_20210113194451500.jpg
There are a lot of cases where agencies will force it on the idols

20210113000974_0_20210113194451508.jpg
They'll encourage the members to do more skinship and take care of one another more

20210113000976_0_20210113194451541.jpg
Petition to penalize RPS users who create sexual content with minor male idols

Article: Idol trainee trainer makes shocking reveal! "Agencies force male idols into participating in 'gay' actions"

Source: Herald Econ via Naver

1. [+939, -12] Creating works of fiction or art where real life people are participating in actions they never consented to like gay intercourse, love between minors, sexual assault, etc should be considered a sex crime and not a creative work of fiction. RPS, deepfakes, and sex tapes are all under the scope of criminal activity.

2. [+369, -6] These people defended fan service so vehemently only to delete all of their accounts and run away. Why do you think agencies are taking legal action now?

3. [+279, -9] If fan service is really a part of 'culture' like they're trying to claim, then it's a malicious and dirty piece of culture that you're making money off of. It should be put to an end.

4. [+45, -0] Since people seem to be having a hard time understanding why this is uncomfortable for male idols to deal with, think about it with the genders switched. Imagine if a female idol was forced to expose skin and dance in revealing ways because that was her 'concept'. She was forced to do more skinship with other members. Then male fans took to their community boards to post sexual stuff like "clips of sexual moaning", sexual fanfics, etc, that are all sold and shared to one another in secret. I just don't get why this isn't a bigger deal in the media right now.

5. [+26, -0] People should be punished for taking a family's son and turning him into a pervert

6. [+24, -2] This is pretty disgusting. I don't know why fans are like this. This is sexual assault.

7. [+18, -0] It's basically a sex crime. These idols feel bad over it but they're too scared of pissing off their agency or their fans so they just stay shush and keep going with it.

8. [+18, -1] I had a feeling something like this was going on. Whenever people shoot male idol content, the skinship seemed so obvious, and the fan shipping was too much. I had a feeling the agencies were forcing them to do this stuff. This is a really big problem. 

9. [+7, -0] This is sickening... I understand gay men doing skinship with each other since they're into that but forcing straight men to do 'gay performances' for the money is a sex crime ㅡㅡ especially when some of these idols are minors

10. [+7, -0] RPS is basically a sex crime. The agencies are selling their idols' sexualities straight to internet sex criminals.

11. [+5, -0] Why aren't there any healthy fanfics like Red Velvet transforming into magicians and fighting the evil North? tsk tsk

Source

wbk fanservice is encouraged.

i still disagree with comparing rps to sex crimes tho...

again, all these debates initiated due to content about gay males

"Since people seem to be having a hard time understanding why this is uncomfortable for male idols to deal with, think about it with the genders switched. Imagine if a female idol was forced to expose skin and dance in revealing ways because that was her 'concept'. She was forced to do more skinship with other members. Then male fans took to their community boards to post sexual stuff like "clips of sexual moaning", sexual fanfics, etc, that are all sold and shared to one another in secret. I just don't get why this isn't a bigger deal in the media right now."

hmmm this person seems naive. because female idols do fanservice and males fans do everything she's listed and more.

• Like 13

1. [+939, -12] Creating works of fiction or art where real life people are participating in actions they never consented to like gay intercourse, love between minors, sexual assault, etc should be considered a sex crime and not a creative work of fiction. RPS, deepfakes, and sex tapes are all under the scope of criminal activity.

Find the odd one out

PS: finish that bottle of coke, king. Don't let it just stand there in room temperature

• Tea 6

this ain't news

K-Pop companies have refined it too, like it used to be very in your face sexy grinding and actual kisses and they've taken a more subtle approach over the years, it's a big part of K-Pop fandom tbh, they're not stupid.

• Like 1
  • Tea 2
50 minutes ago, My Everything said:

4. [+45, -0] Since people seem to be having a hard time understanding why this is uncomfortable for male idols to deal with, think about it with the genders switched. Imagine if a female idol was forced to expose skin and dance in revealing ways because that was her 'concept'. She was forced to do more skinship with other members. Then male fans took to their community boards to post sexual stuff like "clips of sexual moaning", sexual fanfics, etc, that are all sold and shared to one another in secret. I just don't get why this isn't a bigger deal in the media right now.

But female idols do queerbaiting stuff too. Irene&Seulgi's Monster MV was a good example, and many ggs from smaller companies do it too. Both male and female idols are encouraged by the companies to do queerbaiting/skinship stuff and personally, I find it kinda creepy because 90% of the time is targeted to straight people who fetishize homosexual relationships between young and attractive people, but at the same time a lot of lgtb+ fans like that stuff because they feel "represented" in some way, so it's a complicated issue.

But I totally agree that minors or even adults that feel uncomfortable shouldn't be forced to do it, because it's basically a sex crime indeed.

Edited by hynapia
  • Like 7

For anyone interested, the original article says that after idols debut, their companies suss out which pairings are the most popular and purposely pair them up together and encourage them to interact on camera.

The original video allegedly shows kakao talk messages with male idols who confirm this - they said some idols are okay with it but lots aren't and are forced to do it regardless.

51 minutes ago, choiyujins said:

For anyone interested, the original article says that after idols debut, their companies suss out which pairings are the most popular and purposely pair them up together and encourage them to interact on camera.

The original video allegedly shows kakao talk messages with male idols who confirm this - they said some idols are okay with it but lots aren't and are forced to do it regardless.

It's true. That's how EunHae were created. They still cater to the shippers. 

• Dislike 1

Let's compare it with sexual assault too!

Reminds me of the classic hunhan. One part was 18 and the other was 22. It's kind of....well but they brought a lot. Even until now when one dating publicly. And if they know cpop and their ghaey (and lesbihonest) fanservice....

Agency knows it sells. Artists know it sells. Some dislike it, some don't mind, some enjoy it. It IS NOT right to force it to those who don't want to. And I don't think they should do it if they're homophobic. 

13 hours ago, My Everything said:

1. [+939, -12] Creating works of fiction or art where real life people are participating in actions they never consented to like gay intercourse, love between minors, sexual assault, etc should be considered a sex crime and not a creative work of fiction.

In today's game of Find The Odd One Out....

Wbk. And it's same w female idols ofc.

And ik its comforting maybe to speculate, and maybe like fanservice etc. by some lgbt but as a lesbian i have to say its sumn ill never like.  Ngl i did ship when i was teenager first into kpop but i cant now. There is countless tv show, movie, book... yea most, esp most mainstream are hettie...but u just need to find the right stuff.  Even if i need to purposely look for representation... that is preferable to shippimg real life ppl. Like ur a fan of these idols, no? Just think ab it.. first, they're being forced to act this way so knowing that its uncomfortable 2 see. second, think if they are lgbt tho... even worse imo. Bc they're encouraged/force to act gay...but they will never be able to come out and keep their career even tho acting gay was integral to it.  And its known fact shippimg has ruined genuine celeb friemdships before too...

Another reason i dislike it is the sexualization. I never get how ppl can enjpy this esp when it comes down to homophobic ppl - but will sexualize gays of the other gender.  I exp this irl with when i was a teen, one of my closest friends would avoid me & ignore my texts cuz im a lesbian but was hardcore fujoshi.... and a few yrs ago on OH there was a user, esp with RV members posting sexualizing threads and shipping 2 members sometimes.  And everyone thought it was funny. I did at first but it got weird &i saw them being antigay on other threads.  But rest of OH kept loving his posts. Thank god he left for akp a while ago tho hhh

But yea...i wonder if company realize all these problems or are just too sick in the head to change/help the issue.  I seriously dont think kpop "culture" needs this forced fanservice at all. Maybe companies are afraid of losing the sort of diehard shippy fans...but a few things 1) they'll prolly stay with fanfiction that won't stop them 2) good riddance if this did push them out of fanbases 3) is the strain it can put on their idols not enough to stop it? It should be

Edited by deobizone
  • Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 11:23 PM, Maphisto40 said:

I often wonder how people who legitimately believe two idols are romantically involved incorporate this knowledge into their worldview.

Who are we kidding, they ignore this shit completely.