OneHallyu

tw: sexual harassment || [NB] Rapper Rohann expresses his disgust at coming across his own RPS fanfic, netizens debate are R-rated fanfics a crime?

random but I still remember Tao liking that taohun fanfic some years ago and it was a +19 one lmao, anyways idk what to think about fanfic,  I understand that it's uncomfortable for some of them but i can't compare it to sexual crimes, even forced fanservise is way worse than this

Edited by XLu
6 hours ago, KentasGlittery EyeMakeup said:

[+26] I think RPS stories don't deserve protection because it's the creation of sexual content featuring real people who haven't given consent

I think this is the most important point, if someone feels uncomfortable with sexual content written about them, then it's their right to ask people to take it down. And as long as they haven't given consent that doesn't mean that's a yes towards everything fans might come up with. (Not to forget that a lot of gay fetishization happens through fanfics and I don't think I have to explain why that's not okay...) 

• Like 2
  • Tea 2
2 hours ago, taeyang_is_the_sun said:

no i dont see it that way at all. and i dont see it as bad at all. its just a story

the people who keep disliking my opinion on this are only feeling that way becuase they dont have an imagination, any talent, or any writing skills. I've written so many stories over the years since i was a kid - original and fanfic. I've written 3 books. I'm not saying they were great books, but I wrote them. And whether a story i create is original or fanfic, i write them the same way. theyre not really different at all. Its not like one story is a "real story" and the other is "sick exploitation" theyre the same.

people who dont write will never really understand the process of making something. They will always take things personally and say xyz is weird and gross because they dont understand the motivations, the process, or the meaning behind it.

the events that i put in a story are there to serve the plot that i created. people who dont write get upset because of events that were chosen but these events are devices and vehicles that we use in writing to get across our greater message and/or theme, and to trigger other events that come later. sometimes its about relationship progression, sometimes its about character growth, sometimes its about intensifying conflict. but there are reasons that we write what we write.

people who arent very bright will look at it in a very reductive way and say "its sick exploitation" kinda like how stupid people look at abstract art and say "a 5 year old could do that"

the fact that people dont value fanfiction or are unable to make a good fanfiction themselves does not make fanfiction "bad" or illegal. we already have too much censorship. people should stop trying to turn their personal tastes into laws. "i dont like it so it should be illegal"

um ok but no

You'd think that somebody as imaginative and talented and skillful in writing as you could come up with characters of their own who are not real people or learn the difference between being inspired by human beings but not actually featuring them in your work even if you based your characters on them, and using real people in your writing with their names, identities, real life relationships all serving as the plot of your story. Because they're not characters, they're real. There's fanfics that are truly harmless, I'll agree with that, like somebody in some comment section mentioned, I'd too want to read a fiction work about Red Velvet members being magicians in a fantasy land and saving the world from some great evil, but you're on here talking about how somebody contacted you because one of your fanfics about them hurt them and their family and you're basically bragging about how you owned them with your response, but you showed a real lack of compassion and a weird sense of entitlement towards them and people you write about. "Celebrities stay off fans stories (about you), those are not for you," really? But, you're writing about them? They're not allowed to feel a certain type of way about it? It's your way or the highway? You'd think that a one in a million talent like you with 3 books under their belt could like, write a fanfic if you're so dead set on doing that, and use your amazing imagination to come up with some made up names for the characters and spare another person that treatment. From writer to writer, artist to artist, it's okay to use references and be inspired by real people, if you're respectful about it, that is. Just remember that they're real. REAL. Not your characters or dolls to play with. Real. And treat them with respect.

No need to answer me, you've clearly stated that you think people who think like me are stupid, so just treat me as such.

And to get back on point, deepfakes are horrifying and SHOULD be a crime, people have the right to feel uncomfortable by being treated as characters and molkas and stalking are still huge issues in SK. 

• Like 2
  • Tea 2

I think fics are fine and they are creative enough to write their own stories. Some don't see it as bad but some do. That's fine. My real problem with fics is that fans blur the lines between what's fake and what's real. When they read a fic, they already have it in their mind "xyz is meant to be with abc". As far as the sexual content, it's really weird because THEY GET SUPER EXPLICIT. Erotic writers don't get that specific. Plus, it's about real people that they're having to do all of that. Weird. 

I mean write what you want BUT also don't take it too far. But, also, if you can write a fic then realize you have that TALENT to write a book or a screenplay. 

1 minute ago, rananicolee said:

I think fics are fine and they are creative enough to write their own stories. Some don't see it as bad but some do. That's fine. My real problem with fics is that fans blur the lines between what's fake and what's real. When they read a fic, they already have it in their mind "xyz is meant to be with abc". As far as the sexual content, it's really weird because THEY GET SUPER EXPLICIT. Erotic writers don't get that specific. Plus, it's about real people that they're having to do all of that. Weird. 

I mean write what you want BUT also don't take it too far. But, also, if you can write a fic then realize you have that TALENT to write a book or a screenplay. 

Isn't this how Twilight and then 50 Shades came to be? Twilight was allegedly a Buffy fanfic, or it started off as one and then the author turned it around when she realized that she was onto something and made it fictional, and 50 Shades was (confirmed) a Twilight fanfic? Change their names and get the coin, but leave the explicit details for writing about actual fictional characters, yes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KentasGlittery EyeMakeup said:

Isn't this how Twilight and then 50 Shades came to be? Twilight was allegedly a Buffy fanfic, or it started off as one and then the author turned it around when she realized that she was onto something and made it fictional, and 50 Shades was (confirmed) a Twilight fanfic? Change their names and get the coin, but leave the explicit details for writing about actual fictional characters, yes.

Yes! That's how it started. It was originally a Twilight fanfic. 

There's another fanfic that was turned into a movie and book with changing the names. I think it was a One Direction fanfic. 

• Like 1
Just now, rananicolee said:

Yes! That's how it started. It was originally a Twilight fanfic. 

There's another fanfic that was turned into a movie and book with changing the names. I think it was a One Direction fanfic. 

Oh yeah, I know that situation. It was a Harry Styles-centric fanfic, I believe. The movie is called After and it came out in 2019 and I think it even got a sequel.

Oh yeah, I know that situation. It was a Harry Styles-centric fanfic, I believe. The movie is called After and it came out in 2019 and I think it even got a sequel.

A sequel?! 

They're making money...

I'm gonna need to start doing something like that.....hmm..

1 minute ago, rananicolee said:

A sequel?! 

They're making money...

I'm gonna need to start doing something like that.....hmm..

Wasn't that fic kind of infamous, too? The buzz they've created with the outrage marketing + the audience the author had, it was actually pretty smart.

Wasn't that fic kind of infamous, too? The buzz they've created with the outrage marketing + the audience the author had, it was actually pretty smart.

I think so. The only thing I heard about was that it was a One Direction fic and people were like ???? about it. 

But yeah I think if fic writers put their minds to it they can definitely write amazing books. 

I lowkey was thinking about writing a screenplay based on the Burning Sun stuff. 

I don't think the fics themselves are harmful because it's clearly fiction.

My biggest problem is when some readers (teenagers usually) try to push that fiction in front of the real people (I still remember those Yunho-Jaejoong shippers who went to concerts with banners saying: "Yunjae is real 😍😍"

It gave me creeps

Fanfics, good or bad, are written from the perspective the author has on the celebrity and it may not be accurate at all with the celebrity's real personality. It's just a piece written from an fabricated image. On the other hand, there is no perspection in someones appeareance, a person looks the same for all of us, that's the big difference. Of course, we all have different views of fanfiction inspired by real people, but my point is, there is no comparision in this case.

I guess this guy must think he's so cool for sharing this just now when a national petition against deepfakes is gaining popularity. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

I don't think the fics themselves are harmful because it's clearly fiction.

My biggest problem is when some readers (teenagers usually) try to push that fiction in front of the real people (I still remember those Yunho-Jaejoong shippers who went to concerts with banners saying: "Yunjae is real 😍😍"

It gave me creeps

Does anyone remember that girl that wore 

Spoiler

BamBam calls Mark's father “daddy”, GOT7 fans act like dipshits, BamBam  begs them to stop – Asian Junkie

to GOT7's Chicago concert/fanmeet?

Edited by KentasGlittery EyeMakeup
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, KentasGlittery EyeMakeup said:

Does anyone remember that girl that wore 

Hide contents

BamBam calls Mark's father “daddy”, GOT7 fans act like dipshits, BamBam  begs them to stop – Asian Junkie

to GOT7's Chicago concert/fanmeet?

Oh God, I never saw this 🤮🤮🤮

Can people be more shameful and delusional? I can't even imagine how JB or Jinyoung would feel if they see this shit.

I hope they don't

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

Oh God, I never saw this 🤮🤮🤮

Can people be more shameful and delusional? I can't even imagine how JB or Jinyoung would feel if they see this shit.

I hope they don't

I'm surprised how nobody threw hands because I remember reading about it on Twitter at the time and everybody was so mad and people even went searching for her. The people behind her tried to get her to change and offered a jacket to her iirc, but she refused. She must have changed into something else after all because nobody found her later on, probably because she put something over that shirt. I think people said that some members did see it, but hopefully not.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, trilobite said:

It's a little weird to me as well but it's nowhere near the level of deepfaking because deepfakes are much more graphic and nobody will realistically interpret the fanfics as being real. Deepfakes can cause significant and irreversible harm to a celebrity's career and public image and predominantly target women since they cater to a straight male audience. the fact that all these straight men are using whataboutisms targeting fanfics (largely written by/for women/LGBTQ communities) to justify creating and sharing deepfakes is ridiculous and disgusting. 

Hey there’s no question about it, deep fakes are a lot more damaging. I’m definitely not defending that and I had no idea that straight men were using fanfics to justify using deepfakes.