OneHallyu

[Mnet Survival Show] Girls Planet 999 Official Thread ☽★Whose dream will you be the guardian of?★☾

spacer.png

spacer.png

A grand project between Korea, China and Japan for a global girl group debut! Girls from Korea, China and Japan gathered into the unknown, beyond their nationalities for a new adventure towards their dreams.

Useful Links
website
http://girlsplanet999.com/
twitterhttps://twitter.com/_girlsplanet999
 https://twitter.com/MnetKR/
pick ranker: https://gplanet999.github.io/

MC
Yeo Jingoo

Mentors
Tiffany Young (SNSD)
Sunmi
Jang Juhee 
*Dance Coach* (associate of JYPE, Baek Kooyoung with formerly SM)
Lim Han-byul *Vocal Coach* (former Monday Kiz)
Jo Ayoung *Vocal Coach* (former Dal Shabet)

List of Chinese Participants

Cai Bing
Chang Ching
Chen Hsinwei
Chiayi
Chien Tzuling
Cui Wenmeixiu
Fu Yaning
Gu Yizhou
Ho Szeching
Hsu Nientzu

Huang Xingqiao
Leung Cheukying
Li Yiman
Liang Jiao
Liang Qiao
Lin Chenhan
Lin Shuyun
Liu Shiqi
Liu Yuhan
Ma Yuling
Poon Wingchi
Shen Xiaoting 👑
Su Ruiqi
Wang Qiuru
Wang Yale
Wen Zhe
Wu Tammy
Xia Yan
Xu Ruowei
Xu Ziyin
Yang Zige
Zhang Luofei
Zhou Xinyu

List of Japanese Participants

Ando Rinka
Arai Risako
Aratake Rinka
Ezaki Hikaru 👑

Fujimoto Ayaka
Hayase Hana
Hayashi Fuko
Hiyajo Nagomi
Ikema Ruan
Inaba Vivienne
Ito Miyu
Kamikura Rei
Kamimoto Kotone
Kanno Miyu
Kawaguchi Yurina
Kishida Ririka
Kitajima Yuna
Kubo Reina
Kuwahara Ayana
May
Murakami Yune
Nagai Manami
Nakamura Kyara
Nonaka Shana
Okazaki Momoko
Oki Fuka
Okumi Sumomo
Sakamoto Mashiro
Sakamoto Shihona
Sakurai Miu
Shima Moka
Terasaki Hina
Yamauchi Moana

List of Korean Participants
An Jeongmin
Cho Haeun
Choi Hyerin
Choi Yeyoung
Choi Yujin
Guinn Myah
Han Dana
Huening Bahiyyih
Huh Jiwon
Jeong Jiyoon
Joung Min
Kang Yeseo
Kim Bora
Kim Chaehyun
Kim Dayeon 👑
Kim Doah
Kim Hyerim
Kim Sein
Kim Suyeon
Kim Yeeun
Kim Yubin
Lee Chaeyun
Lee Hyewon
Lee Nayeon
Lee Sunwoo
Lee Yeongyung
Lee Yunji
Ryu Sion
Seo Youngeun
Sim Seungeun
Suh Jimin
Yoon Jia
You Dayeon

• Like 3
  • Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s honestly heartbreaking to see how the confidence of non-MNet favorites crumbles for every single thing they do that’s taken out of context and destroyed with evil editing.  I get it. MNet wa

Today's episode was Dayeon, Dayeon's family and friends. Can you believe Shoot team activity was: Visiting Dayeon's home, writing letters to Dayeon, dancing for Dayeon's mom, eating from Dayeon's fami

She is TXT's Kai's sister and she is TXT's Kai sister. 

Application period:

• January 11, 2021 - February 21, 2021

Requirements:

• Born before January 1, 2006
  • Individual trainees, trainees in an agency, or those who already debuted.
  • Girls from Korea, China, Japan (e.g. Korean/Chinese/Japanese nationals, foreign nationals residing in the three countries, girl group trainees of agencies from the three countries, etc.)
  • http://girlsplanet999.com/

UPDATE: Deadline Extension & Wider Eligibility Confirmed

• Application period : ~ February 28th, 2021
  • Application eligibility : Those born before January 1st, 2007
Edited by satoori
updated.
  • Like 2

I'm probably gonna watch this because I'm a sucker for survival shows 😁 But getting tired them using the term ''global'' group, when it's just the usual east asian countries involved. If Mnet had include some parts of SEA, like Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia, I think more people would get excited. 

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Dislike 1

[Article] Mnet To Launch New Girl Group Audition Program “Girls Planet 999”

Mnet will be launching a new audition show titled “Girls Planet 999”!

“Girls Planet 999” is a program surrounding female Korean, Chinese, and Japanese contestants who have the same dream of debuting in an idol group despite having different languages and cultures. Their growth as they head towards their goal will unfold in the imaginary world named “Girls Planet.”

UNIVERSE, the new global K-pop platform developed by game company NCSOFT, will partner with “Girls Planet 999” and provide the official platform for the show. Along with the global voting system for the final debut lineup, UNIVERSE will host various digital content and services for fans.

Previously, Mnet worked with Big Hit Entertainment’s fan community platform Weverse to allow global fan participation for “I-LAND.” Similarly, Mnet will be working with NCSOFT to produce content for global audiences, and the show is also planning on transmitting globally for easy access to viewers all over the world.

On January 11, the first teaser for “Girls Planet 999” was released. A girl walks across a vast field of snow while the narrator shares, “This is a story about the girls’ first steps as they take on the challenge to head towards their dreams.” Along with the text, “A new world where dream becomes reality,” three girls are shown being connected to one another on a mysterious planet.

“Girls Planet 999” will be taking applicants until February 21, and any female Korean, Chinese, or Japanese person born before January 1, 2006 can apply. Applicants can also apply regardless of whether or not they are linked to an entertainment company or have debut experience. Furthermore, people who are of a different nationality can still apply if they are connected to the countries through an entertainment agency or residency. Further details regarding the program and application qualifications can be found on their official website.

source: soompi

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cosmic Warrior said:

I'm probably gonna watch this because I'm a sucker for survival shows 😁 But getting tired them using the term ''global'' group, when it's just the usual east asian countries involved. If Mnet had include some parts of SEA, like Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia, I think more people would get excited. 

🤔 Except being a "global" group is not based on the amount of nationalities. All the members within a group can be from one country and still considered a "global group". Global meaning how the group promotes itself and it's fans. (e.g. popular Kpop groups are considered global groups too.) Besides seems like you're interested in a "Asian" group too base on the countries you've listed^^ Anyways, me and you have had this discussion before in the past. Glad to see you're looking forward to the new show! uwu ❤️

Edited by satoori
words.
2 hours ago, Cosmic Warrior said:

Boys24 had Isaac (Malaysia), Produce X had Peak (Thai), Idol School had Natty (Thai) and Tasha (Singapore),  and i-Land had Hanbin (Vietnam) 
so there's a history of SEA representation in Mnet survival shows. 
But I partly agree that it's still not enough representation for a show aiming to make a* global group. 
Esp when you compare it to China idol survival shows where they had SEA, European, and African contestants. 

Edited by namidaone
*-edit
  • Like 2

I guess, we all have different definitions of what's a "global group" lol ^_^

Some base it simply on nationality of members while others base it on popularity and target market. 

e.g. BTS is considered one of the biggest global groups in the world by media, industries and fans from all over the world. 

14 minutes ago, namidaone said:

Esp when you compare it to China idol survival shows where they had SEA, European, and African contestants. 

if we're going this route : capteen had 2 black contestants (yujin and francesca), 1 european (han byul). somi and alexa are of european descent. mnet's dancing show dancing high also had 1 black contestant (actor hwang yongyeon). so yes korea does have diversity in their survival shows lol

Edited by cornichon
  • Tea 2
1 minute ago, cornichon said:

if we're going this route : capteen had 2 black contestants (yujin and francesca), 1 european (han byul). somi and alexa are of european descency. mnet's dancing show dancing high also had 1 black contestant (actor hwang yongyeon). so yes korea does have diversity in their survival shows lol

like i said there's representation but not enough for a show aiming for a global group.

• Clown 1

In the video, the girls in the circles are labeled as C# or K# or J#...

As the circle loads, the number changes to J33. So 33 girls from Japan? 

Perhaps possibly 99 girls total for the show and 9 for debut group

fyi - The model in the video is kid model, Park Hyoje.

Name: Park Hyoje (박효제)
DOB: 10.02.2008
Hometown: Busan, South Korea
Instagram: parkhyoje5052

However she most likely will not be in the audition project because she was born after January 1, 2006 (eligibility only to those born before that date).

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, satoori said:

I guess, we all have different definitions of what's a "global group" lol ^_^

Some base it simply on nationality of members while others base it on popularity and target market. 

e.g. BTS is considered one of the biggest global groups in the world by media, industries and fans from all over the world. 

Aren't Kpop groups called global groups by the US media because to them they're not a local group since they're not from the US? 
If it's based on targeting the international market the terms used would be: world-famous, world-class, international superstar, global sensation, etc.  
You don't see US articles calling Fifth Harmony a global group even though they had international hits and won awards in the UK and Japan. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
11 minutes ago, namidaone said:

Aren't Kpop groups called global groups by the US media because to them they're not a local group since they're not from the US? 
If it's based on targeting the international market the terms used would be: world-famous, world-class, international superstar, global sensation, etc.  
You don't see US articles calling Fifth Harmony a global group even though they had international hits and won awards in the UK and Japan. 

In general, media from all over the world including Korea refer to BTS a global group.

U.S. artists (who are popular globally) have been referred to as global artists too by US media too.

e.g. U.S. artists are included on Billboards Global chart....

Global, World, International, etc...honestly no matter how one twist it they all mean the same thing lmao XD

At the end of the day, the logic some of y'all use would mean there is no such thing as a "global" group depending on perspective haha

Edited by satoori
words.
2 hours ago, namidaone said:

Boys24 had Isaac (Malaysia), Produce X had Peak (Thai), Idol School had Natty (Thai) and Tasha (Singapore),  and i-Land had Hanbin (Vietnam) 
so there's a history of SEA representation in Mnet survival shows. 
But I partly agree that it's still not enough representation for a show aiming to make a* global group. 

True, but would Mnet or any companies dare to debut a multinational group with members outside of East Asia? It seems to me, they just take in non-EA just for clout in survival shows. 

52 minutes ago, satoori said:

In general, media from all over the world including Korea refer to BTS a global group.

U.S. artists (who are popular globally) have been referred to as global artists too by US media too.

e.g. U.S. artists are included on Billboards Global chart....

Global, World, International, etc...honestly no matter how one twist it they all mean the same thing lmao XD

At the end of the day, the logic some of y'all use would mean there is no such thing as a "global" group depending on perspective haha

And yet mostly Kpop groups come up when you search for Billboard news articles with the specific "global group" tag. 
Not Fifth Harmony,  not even Maroon 5
In fact the only Billboard article where a non-Kpop artist is labeled a global group is when Maluma and J Balvin called Black Eyed Peas (which has a Mexican-Ameican and a Filipino member) a global group in a Billboard interview. 

Just now, namidaone said:

And yet mostly Kpop groups come up when you search for Billboard news articles with the specific "global group" tag. 
Not Fifth Harmony,  not even Maroon 5
In fact the only Billboard article where a non-Kpop artist is labeled a global group is when Maluma and J Balvin called Black Eyed Peas (which has a Mexican-Ameican and a Filipino member) a global group in a Billboard interview. 

Mostly or less, the point still remains that U.S. artists have been referred to as global artists too if they're popular globally. Which is why they're included on the Global charts. Being a global artists is based on popularity all over the world rather than simply the artists' nationality.

But let me ask you a honest question, since you're only basing it only "looks" what does a "global" group look like too you? Are certain nationalities required over others to be a global group? 

Now y’all know dang well by now that “Global” equals East Asian, maybe South East Asian, representation at best lol

——

Anyway, it’s been a long time since a girl group survival show took place, so I’m excited for that

2 hours ago, satoori said:

I wonder if 48G will participate in GP999

Hope so. Miu could go on and finally get the Kpop debut she deserves (and was clearly rigged from on P48)

I feel like it’s almost certain SNH48 members will be on it, since they’re always on a notable survival show, and I can’t see their management passing up such an opportunity 

Kiki ranked #3 on Youth With You and made it in The9, and Akira ranked #2 on Produce Camp and made it in Bon Bon Girls 303. So maybe this’ll be their 3rd top representation 

Edited by Lubbin
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lubbin said:

Anyway, it’s been a long time since a girl group survival show took place, so I’m excited for that

Hope so. Miu could go on and finally get the Kpop debut she deserves (and was clearly rigged from on P48)

I feel like it’s almost certain SNH48 members will be on it, since they’re always on a notable survival show, and I can’t see their management passing up such an opportunity 

Kiki ranked #3 on Youth With You and made it in The9, and Akira ranked #2 on Produce Camp and made it in Bon Bon Girls 303. So maybe this’ll be their 3rd top representation 

ah very good point about snh48

10 minutes ago, satoori said:

But let me ask you a honest question, since you're only basing it only "looks" what does a "global" group look like too you? Are certain nationalities required over others to be a global group? 

you mentioned nationality but for me it's also about race/ethnicity. 
For a survival show aiming for a global group I'd like it to have a more diverse lineup than what IOI had -- which was 10 EA members + 1 mixed EA/Caucasian member.  
I'd be really happy if the group is at least as diverse as Z-Girls 

4 minutes ago, namidaone said:

you mentioned nationality but for me it's also about race/ethnicity. 
For a survival show aiming for a global group I'd like it to have a more diverse lineup than what IOI had -- which was 10 EA members + 1 mixed EA/Caucasian member.  
I'd be really happy if the group is at least as diverse as Z-Girls 

Race/nationality/ethnicity it's all comes down to how a group looks. So an example of a global group, for you is Z-girls. (Filipina, Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Indian, Thai, Taiwanese) - Overall a group that's majority "Asian" is considered a global group in your book. I see.

Despite the fact there are kpop groups and other artists from around the world who have way more popularity globally. I see.

Yea I still disagree. The logic doesn't makes sense - to base it on nationality and race alone, in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, satoori said:

Race/nationality/ethnicity it's all comes down to how a group looks. So an example of a global group, for you is Z-girls. (Filipina, Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Indian, Thai, Taiwanese) - Overall a group that's majority "Asian" is considered a global group in your book. I see.

Despite the fact there are kpop groups and other artists from around the world who have way more popularity globally. I see.

Yea I still disagree. The logic doesn't makes sense - to base it on nationality and race alone, in my opinion. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find a Kpop group with more than one foreign member and with at least one non-Asian member. 
More than one to prevent any issues with tokenism. 
If Rania had another non-EA member aside from Fatou they could be considered a global group imo. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, namidaone said:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a Kpop group with more than one foreign member and with at least one non-Asian member. 
More than one to prevent any issues with tokenism. 
If Rania had another non-EA member aside from Fatou they could be considered a global group imo. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

There’s actually a new one that debuted a month or 2 ago called Prisma. They have a Spanish & Italian member amongst them

• Like 2
  • love changed the title to [Mnet Survival Show] Girls Planet 999 Official Thread ☽★Whose dream will you be the guardian of?★☾