Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lufffy

LIFE (2007) OFFICIAL THREAD (Story about bullying)

- LIFE 2007 -

life.jpg

Synopsis/Summary/Review: 
Adapted from Keiko Suenobu's manga "LIFE," this drama delves into the dark side of high school life. The story focuses mainly on bullying, but the manga also touches on subjects such as self-mutilation, suicide, and rape. Kitano Kii stars as Ayumu Shiiba, one of the students bullied by a group of classmates led by Ayumu's former friend, Manami Anzai (Fukuda Saki).

Plot  

Ayumu (Kii KITANO) passes an entrance exam of a high school with help of Yuko (Akane OSAWA), her best friend, but Yuko fails and blames Ayumu for her failure. Broken heart from the broken friendship, Ayumu shuts her up and gives up making new friends in high school. But Manami (Saki FUKUDA), the most popular girl in her class, is more than happy to accept her as her friend, so she starts to enjoy her new life. But when Manami misunderstands that Ayumu is trying to steal her boyfriend, her insidious bullying to Ayumu begins. With nobody to turn to as her mother concerns more about her weak brother, and her teacher has her own problem, she is pushed to the limit of losing herself. Based on a popular comic book, this drama with a controversial theme follows a girl who finds true friendship and stands up for her to live.

http://asianwiki.com/Life_(2007-Japan-Fuji_TV)

Cast

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/570/life

Manga version

life-4.png

Released:2002

Author(s):Suenobu Keiko
Artist(s): Suenobu Keiko

From Tokyopop:
Ayumu Shiiba is studying for the all-important high school entrance exams. She is struggling to get by, but thankfully has help from her best friend Shii-chan, who is at the top of their class. Test results come back and their friendship falls apart when Ayumu surpasses Shii-chan's scores and gets into her high school of choice while Shii-chan doesn't!

Losing Shii-chan is so painful for Ayumu that she starts cutting her wrists for comfort. Hoping for a fresh start, Ayumu arrives at her new high school and finally opens up to a new friend, Manami. But will Manami prove to be the friend that Ayumu truly needs or send her further in a downward spiral?

Real Life Story in Korea

20130619091855147063.jpg

• Like 3

LIFE was one of my first Jdramas, freakin loved the message. 

bullying will never die, so people just stick up for yourself.. talk about it. let people know you're not to mess with. stand up for others.

dont be a bully yourself! 

i should be the president..

Oh my god, that manga was so intense for me. I don't know if I could handle watching the j-drama. But I'm glad they've put the message out there.

thought about watching this before but seems like it would anger me too much.

I just finished this drama. One best drama i ever seen.

Watched the drama last year. And I cried. Lot xD It was really intense to me as I've been a victim of bullying for about 8 years. So seeing a drama about it, was really intense, kinda disturbing.
But I think it's the kind of must see drama.

Watched it so many times. Such a good drama.

I really want to read the rest of the manga.. 

Watched this before and this became one of my fave drama. The fact that they showed what its like for a life of those being bullied and how at the end what happens when they fought back the bullies.

Its a must see and youll learn a lesson.