OneHallyu

Your feedback is important: Reaction system.

Clown Reaction decision.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. About the clown reaction, should we:

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/24/2021 at 11:59 PM

Hello, everyone. image

A year has passed since we added new reactions and after hearing new feedback, we decided to do a review of our current clown reaction and to see how everyone feels about it.

We are also open to any feedback and your opinions, not only about the clown reaction but also about the other reactions in case there is changes you feel like it's needed to be done or if you had any issue with it.

The poll will close January 24th, 11:59pm GMT.

Allow me end this thread by wishing you all a good 2021, I hope you accomplish your goals this year and it becomes of your best years yet.

Thank you. image

• Like 6

Censored face and skull and clown are interchangeable so id remove at least 1. Censored one and clown too if removing 2

I agree on sad reaction. Sometime i see rant where i wanna show support or i see one with a rep or wtf and i feel like its done with a good heart but i never know what is the proper one to do. I mean wtf maybe bc its like "thats fucked up" but its like a neg so yea hhhh

Clown react is kinda stupid because most people just use it on anything they disagree with lol

Because treating someone like their opinion is clownish instead of disagreeable is more effective at undermining them. It's why nobody uses the WTF reaction lol.

But I can't say I'm in favor of getting rid of it because it IS perfect for when someone is well and truly being a clown, and isn't just saying something unpopular

I do think sad react would be really useful.

I'm not sure.

The clown reaction is neutral in that it doesn't affect reputation points, so that's nice if you want to especially avoid receiving a punishment for neg-stalking. I do agree some posts are slightly wayward in terms of conventional thinking.

There are some posts, however, that have genuinely good intentions, but were still mocked using the reaction. But even then, I don't think the reaction itself is the problem, but rather how it is being used. That's an entirely different matter which would require modifications to the way the current rules are communicated.

I don't have a strong opinion about this reaction because I seldom use it myself.

Not too sure why we need Skull and WTF. I feel like they mean the same thing. Personally I would keep Skull because I feel it gets the point across fine enough.

As for Clown, no really feeling about it. If it gets removed, I won't really care. I do agree I don't really feel like we need it,  everything else really gets the point across just fine IMO.

Edited by Tteona Oneul Bame

Uhh there's a difference between how users use the reactions and how the reactions were intended to use from the staff pov 🤔 with that said, clown is probably the most misused, along with wtf that isn't used at all kek

Probably get rid of them and add a crying or surprise face, both with more obvious meanings

Love/like are also exchangeable imo

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Angy said:

clown is probably the most misused

To add on, some threads were specifically dealing with matters of "death" or "COVID-19", and the posts within them received clown and laugh reactions. Even though it may be a small percentage of the userbase (and it may be eventually handled — because there is a 'time and place for everything') , it's still unsettling to know some move themselves in considering that.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lee said:

To add on, some threads were specifically dealing with matters of "death" or "COVID-19", and the posts within them received clown and laugh reactions. Even though it may be a small percentage of the userbase (and it may be eventually handled — because there is a 'time and place for everything') , it's still unsettling to know some move themselves in considering that.

Laugh reactions i- let's hope they mistook them for a crying reaction like the facebook hags

the clown annoys me and I've seen wtf misused more than I've seen it being used to specifically neg people (like people being angry in agreement with a post probably not realising it downvotes it)

ngl I've only used like and love, haven't downvoted anyone since the reactions were added

• Tea 1
6 hours ago, eli said:

wtf feels kinda useless when theres already skull

I'm just speaking for myself but I use the wtf for posts that promote, condone, joke or trivialize racism, xenophobia, pedophilia, murder, bullying/harrassment, sexual assault, and other serious issues. 
I also use the report button for those posts,
but since not all reported posts get removed at least my wtf react stays on that post. 
[sidenote: this reminds me that I need to follow-up on the last post I reported]

As for the dislike react, I use that on posts that  have logical fallacies and don't have sources to back up their own claims,
but aren't disturbing. 
I use the clown react instead of the dislike react when the poster is obviously fishing for negs. 

10 hours ago, A h n said:

The clown reaction is my favorite 😌

P.S. Hi, twin 😍

Hi , boooo 🥺 miss you 😭

why am I not surprised its your fave? :satan: 

Personally I hate the clown reaction because people use it to invalidate other people's opinion and it generates a toxic atmosphere. Liking or disliking an opinion is fine, but we should all respect each other. The clown emoji instigates that you're taking that person for a fool and outside of memes I find it harmful and distasteful. I have literally NEVER used it since when it was introduced and I've noticed at the end of the day I only ever used "like, dislike, tea and laughter". The other extra emojis I find are less useful in most contexts, with the "swearing" one coming after the clown one as my most disliked and the "thinking" one I'm ok with because I've seen it being used properly sometimes.

I also agree with the other commenter that for most seriously offensive situations, the report button is the true solution. For everything else I felt like the dislike button was enough because the clown and swearing emojis only ever worsen complicated situations.

I think the "Reputation/Reaction Stalking" section in the Rules should extend to include potential consequences around excessive clown reaction allocating. If a user has openly expressed their discomfort in receiving a set of clown reactions given by one (or more) undisclosed users, then it should be treated as a form of negative reaction stalking. No value can be found in excessively clowning posts, other than to show you have no interest in reciprocating a basic level of courtesy and respect. Also, it doesn't suggest that the reaction is "neutral" as otherwise intended.

I also believe the section should also mention that lowering reputation by excessively removing reactions from one (or more) users will also be considered as negative reaction stalking.

Edited by Lee

I say keep it. The clown reaction is my favorite one. Plus....some people on this website say things that are so ridiculous or dumb that it just warrants a clown reaction. The wtf reaction is kind of useless tho.

Edited by Chiharu