Jump to content

What do you call this thing where you are?

Recommended Posts

It's an egg steamer, you put water in the bottom of the pan, bring it to boil, crack your eggs into the cups, close the lid and leave for 3 minutes for soft yolks, 5 minutes for hard and you have steamed eggs. Some places call the eggs poached but that's not correct.

It's pretty interesting right, something nearly every house would have where I grew up is super-rare everywhere else.

I'll steam some eggs for breakfast tomorrow and take pics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@marin karin@JamiesGirl@teal@A h n@Lee@blossoms@Pink Bear@Sugar Daddy

My steamer


Fill the bottom with water, not high enough to reach the cups, and bring to a boil.


Put the middle bit with the cups back on and put in your eggs , one had slight accident but is still good.


Lid on and let the steam do its work for 3 minutes.


Doggo patiently waiting




Onto buttered toast


and enjoy


Save some for the doggo


  • Like 6
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Siobhan Halo said:






Thank you for showing us! They look delicious! 😋

And it was an interesting social experiment indeed! Seems like this kitchen utensil is less common than you might have thought! I will definitely consider purchasing it in the future.

Edited by Pink Bear
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top