OneHallyu

[DISCUSSION] Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - NOW AIRING

visual_03.jpg

Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
Alt: Attack on Titan Final Season / Shingeki no Kyojin Season 4 / 進撃の巨人 The Final Season

With Eren and company now at the shoreline and the threat of Marley looming, what’s next for the Scouts and their quest to unravel the mysteries of the Titans, humanity, and more?

Source: Funimation

The fourth and final season of the Attack on Titan anime television series, titled Attack on Titan: The Final Season, is produced by MAPPA, chief directed by Jun Shishido, and directed by Yūichirō Hayashi, replacing Tetsurō Araki and Masashi Koizuka respectively, scriptwriter Hiroshi Seko took over the series composition from Yasuko Kobayashi, and Tomohiro Kishi replaced Kyōji Asano as character designer due to the series switching production studios. On September 22, 2020, Crunchyroll and Funimation announced that the final season would be streaming "later this year". The season premiered on NHK General TV on December 7, 2020 at 12:10 AM JST. Currently, the season has an episode count of 16 episodes.

Hiroyuki Sawano is joined by Kohta Yamamoto to compose the music. The opening theme song is "My War" (僕の戦争, "Boku no Sensō") performed by Shinsei Kamattechan (神聖かまってちゃん), and the ending theme song is "Shock" (衝撃, "Shōgeki") performed by Yuko Ando (安藤裕子, Andō Yūko).

Source: Wikipedia

EPISODES

1. "The Other Side of the Ocean" - Air date: December 7, 2020
2. "Midnight Train" - Air date: December 14, 2020
3. "The Door of Hope" - Air date: December 21, 2020
4. "From One Hand to Another" - Air date: December 28, 2020
5. "Declaration of War" - Air date: January 11, 2021
6. "The War Hammer Titan" - Air date: January 18, 2021
7. "Assault" - Air date: January 25, 2021
8. "Assassin's Bullet" - Air date: February 1, 2021
9. "Brave Volunteers" - Air date: February 8, 2021
10. "A Sound Argument" - Air date: February 15, 2021
11. "Counterfeit" - Air date: February 22, 2021

TEASER

Spoiler

OPENING / ENDING

Spoiler

LINKS

• Love 2

This is a discussion thread for the anime that is currently airing.
Please do not spoil the manga and keep the discussion about the episodes that have been released.

Posts on this thread may contain spoilers about the episodes that are currently airing.
If you are not up to date with the anime, be mindful that you may read information that you didn't watch yet.

My thoughts on episode 1!

Spoiler

I'm a bit lost lmao, before watching the episode I watched some summary videos for the first 3 seasons as it has been a while since I've seen them.

I wasn't expecting the season to start in the middle of a battlefield (even if it showed it in teasers yeah lmao), I was naively expecting to see our main protagonists a bit.

It's crazy how changing point of view makes me feel like I'm watching a totally different anime. I've been spoiled on a few points so there's some things I expected, but not getting into it like that lmao.

I'm quite intrigued, I think I'll keep watching the episodes as they come out.

And as I said above, it quite feels like watching a different anime. Even the opening doesn't sound like SNK to me. Truly changing point of view, seeing the world through the eyes of the previous enemies changes everything. It's really interesting, even if I'm not really into war type of animes, the storyline keeps me hooked into it.

yo I'm so excited, i will watch the first episode when i get home but all of my friends especially manga readers are loving it so far. Oh my god i love the op and ed, I have been listening to it on repeat 

AHAHAH I'M ESPECIALLY EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE EPISODES!!!!

1 hour ago, Koya said:

My thoughts on episode 1!

Hide contents

I'm a bit lost lmao, before watching the episode I watched some summary videos for the first 3 seasons as it has been a while since I've seen them.

I wasn't expecting the season to start in the middle of a battlefield (even if it showed it in teasers yeah lmao), I was naively expecting to see our main protagonists a bit.

It's crazy how changing point of view makes me feel like I'm watching a totally different anime. I've been spoiled on a few points so there's some things I expected, but not getting into it like that lmao.

I'm quite intrigued, I think I'll keep watching the episodes as they come out.

And as I said above, it quite feels like watching a different anime. Even the opening doesn't sound like SNK to me. Truly changing point of view, seeing the world through the eyes of the previous enemies changes everything. It's really interesting, even if I'm not really into war type of animes, the storyline keeps me hooked into it.

if you've been spoiled then you will know what's coming ahead. When I first started this arc in the manga I was confused and many people were too. Made me drop the manga once even but I went back after more chapters were out and it started coming all together. Also the reason it feels different might be change in studio (change in animation) and character designs and such. But what I think of it is that consider this is taking place 3-4 years after s3, it is not an awkward time (for example haikyuu design changes) because they've grown older and their outward appearances have changed also. (also the previous studio was the ones that had their own character designs whereas this is very faithful to the manga so this is what they should really look like)

----------------------

I really liked the first episode! I'm aware that there were some cuts from the manga but it's staying very true. Reiner just looks so fraking badass but the last part broke my hearts ugh </3. I can't wait to see more of gilliard! and all the new warrior contenders are so cute! including gaby! they all sound like what i thought they would sound like. I'm quite glad that despite not having the main cast, people still tuned in to watch and it's proving quite popular. But at the same time with the confusing anime only watchers might be turned off by it. I really wish anime watchers could watch like 8 episodes in one ago and be quite shocked at the turn of events. I find that waiting a week in between episodes just makes me forget things that happened in the previous episode. lol I really liked the ed. all aot soundtracks are somewhat dark but this made me feel i'm longing for something. perhaps longing for peace and freedom. like trying to find myself after losing everything. anyway great ed.

Disappointed with the OP and ED.. boring visuals and eh songs.

THE EPISODE THOUGH!? HOLY SMEGHWAEGREW. except for one thing with falco and other minor bits it was SOOO FAITHFUL TO THE MANGA.

gabi's voice is everything I wanted. I cried of happiness seeing falco finally animated. hes one of my top 5 aot characters. 

Reiner looked amazing!! zeke looked a bit better too! awesomeee! 

Well, I was very confused when this episode opened up on a battlefield with completely new characters, lol. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the episode a lot! The new chars seem interesting; I already love Gabi. The pacing was great, voice-acting on point, and the art was great too. Even the CGI was good. Of course, I'm still not feeling the updated art style and designs of our main characters, but it seems like we won't be seeing them for a bit.

I havent see the ep for now but i'am very excited to see how this arc was animated by this studio, the cgi look very neat for what i saw for now!

Very excited to see the other side of the sea too :)

12 hours ago, gojo said:

if you've been spoiled then you will know what's coming ahead. When I first started this arc in the manga I was confused and many people were too. Made me drop the manga once even but I went back after more chapters were out and it started coming all together. Also the reason it feels different might be change in studio (change in animation) and character designs and such. But what I think of it is that consider this is taking place 3-4 years after s3, it is not an awkward time (for example haikyuu design changes) because they've grown older and their outward appearances have changed also. (also the previous studio was the ones that had their own character designs whereas this is very faithful to the manga so this is what they should really look like)

I've been spoiled only a few generic elements so good thing I'll still be surprised!

Honestly the change of animation hasn't been off putting, it's different but still looks like SNK. What truly feels different to me is how the episode was in the middle of a war that looks more like a modern war with trenches, modern weapons, etc. While the first seasons were more fantasy-horror, now we're truly in the war genre of anime. Like the previous seasons were already military/war, but as it was seen from the perspective of people that didn't know they were in a war against other humans, it felt different haha

14 minutes ago, Koya said:

I've been spoiled only a few generic elements so good thing I'll still be surprised!

Honestly the change of animation hasn't been off putting, it's different but still looks like SNK. What truly feels different to me is how the episode was in the middle of a war that looks more like a modern war with trenches, modern weapons, etc. While the first seasons were more fantasy-horror, now we're truly in the war genre of anime. Like the previous seasons were already military/war, but as it was seen from the perspective of people that didn't know they were in a war against other humans, it felt different haha

J'aimerais tellement te spoiler des trucs sur le pourquoi c'est comme ça et sur la suite 😂!

but i will not🥺🤭 

Edited by lusci
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, lusci said:
  Hide contents

J'aimerais tellement te spoiler des trucs sur le pourquoi c'est comme ça et sur la suite 😂!

Hide contents

but i will not🥺🤭 

Spoiler

dfghsogdsfh j'ai des amies irl qui ont lu quelques scans et elles veulent me spoiler aussi, la tentation xD

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Koya said:
  Hide contents

dfghsogdsfh j'ai des amies irl qui ont lu quelques scans et elles veulent me spoiler aussi, la tentation xD

Ta volonté est en acier, respect 🙏 😂 i couldn't wait for the anime to know what will happen !

Who is your fav chara btw?

36 minutes ago, lusci said:

Ta volonté est en acier, respect 🙏 😂 i couldn't wait for the anime to know what will happen !

Who is your fav chara btw?

lmaoo right

mmmm i'm simple so it's some of the main characters lmao, levi, mikasa, hange, sasha...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Koya said:

Not even 1 day and thanks to twitter I got spoiled who is the man at the end of the episode 😭

Twitter is dangerous if you dont wanna get spoiled!!

I retweet stuff too and i have you as friend there, sorry 😲😂

10 minutes ago, lusci said:

Twitter is dangerous if you dont wanna get spoiled!!

I retweet stuff too and i have you as friend there, sorry 😲😂

lmaooo yeah i have a mutual that read the manga and sometimes posts screenshots... i should mute her 👀

no worry it wasn't you uwu

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Koya said:

ah yes aot in a nutshell, as they say

s1: humans vst titans 

s2-3: titans vs titans 

s4: humans vs humans

when i read it the new arc it felt like it was a whole new world to me too. i remember when i first watched s1 and i thought it was so overrated and overhyped. it was only until s3-4 that i felt that the point of focus took a turn and started liking it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Angy said:

I'm so lost :derp: i don't even understand if we're in the past, present or future

Gotta watch some season 3 recaps i see

Its the present, but it's 4 years after the end of the season 3!

It's a focus on Marley, which is where Annie, Reiner and Bertholt came from!

Edited by lusci
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, lusci said:

Its the present, but it's 4 years after the end of the season 3!

It's a focus on Marley, which is where Annie, Reiner and Bertholt came from!

in the beginning i thought reiner and berthold were the little kids dsuyiguedwwe :heheplz:

thanks lusci, just watched a recap and things are making a little more sense now phew

• LOL 1
Just now, Angy said:

in the beginning i thought reiner and berthold were the little kids dsuyiguedwwe :heheplz:

thanks lusci, just watched a recap and things are making a little more sense now phew

😂 nah dw, and at some point it was the case for them, they came from this place and where trained from very young age too so i can understand from where this came from!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gojo said:

i dont hate it but im so not used to the cg like this... it's kinda fucking up my head. 

I just watched and damn same

The animation of the first episode didn't throw me off but this episode made my brain bug, it's weird haha