OneHallyu

Info about AESPA potential future members

The same source that revealed unknown pre-debut AESPA members such as Winter & Giselle also revealed future members who’ll debut in the group later on. It’s specifically 3 girls

1. Helen Lee (Korean-Australian) -  A notable trainee who specializes in dance. Likely gonna be the main dancer of the group

2. Rino (Japanese) - Is gonna be a vocal liner, likely main vocalist. Was on a BBC special 

3. Ouju (Korean) - Said to be the maknae & is a Eugene look a like. No known photo of her, but there were none openly from Giselle prior to her appearance on the Ae Karina vid, and it was said she was a Krystal lookalike & that turned out true 

So with that there will be 7 members

4 Korean (3 mainland, 1 overseas)

2 Japanese

1 Chinese

Edited by Lubbin

Rino is beautiful, but once again I'm going to take this with a grain of salt, afterall Red Velvet too was supposed to add new members but because of the bad response with Yeri they didn't. Hopefully SM has started goint through with their plans, NCT is what they originally intended to do with Suju, so maybe they got more confident with their plans. 

4 minutes ago, WhateverBitch said:

Rino is beautiful, but once again I'm going to take this with a grain of salt, afterall Red Velvet too was supposed to add new members but because of the bad response with Yeri they didn't. Hopefully SM has started goint through with their plans, NCT is what they originally intended to do with Suju, so maybe they got more confident with their plans. 

hmmm good point.

due to the very good response (youtube views wise and charting), SM might rethink their plans of adding members.

but as you said, sm do seem more confident. so... 🤔

30 minutes ago, WhateverBitch said:

The next member has already been teased in teaser pictures + MV, so they will at least add one for sure.

7 minutes ago, satoori said:

hmmm good point.

due to the very good response (youtube views wise and charting), SM might rethink their plans of adding members.

but as you said, sm do seem more confident. so... 🤔

To be fair, with NCT they announced it pre debut, but at the same time it would make sense to debut 4 members first, that way SM would have more time to develop the 3 other AI, afterall it took them almost 1 year for the My Karina video. Honestly I'm not sure what to think, but I'll support Aespa in both case. 

1 minute ago, WhateverBitch said:

I'm not sure that's another member, her haircut highly resembles Jang Yoonju (the black mamba in the MV and the intro), it might just be for the story. 

I highly doubt it, you can see her avatar in one of the teaser pic.

Edited by Arceus

I hope so. I usually prefer groups that have at least 6-7 members. But idk what to expect since RV was supposed to have even 10-12 members split in subunits (yellow velvet, blue velvet, etc) and at the end they only added Yeri.

Is the maknae the 06 liner rumored btw? She's gonna be the youngest active idol in kpop if it's true.

If that's true then Aespa rollout is weird af. It would be great for Aespa to have additional 3 members because I've been waiting for a larger SM girl group.At the end of the day they were marketed as a complete group/there was no mention of possible subunits in the future so this super weird to me

• Clown 2
1 hour ago, WhateverBitch said:

To be fair, with NCT they announced it pre debut, but at the same time it would make sense to debut 4 members first, that way SM would have more time to develop the 3 other AI, afterall it took them almost 1 year for the My Karina video. Honestly I'm not sure what to think, but I'll support Aespa in both case. 

true

idk lol before the mv came out i wouldn't have minded more members but i'm already liking them as 4

why couldn't they just started with 7 from the very beginning? like there's no point in rolling out members slowly

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chiharu said:

What exactly is the point in adding new members after the groups already debuted....

Guess after seeing Loona, SM wanted to make female SUJU (the initial concept) happen. 

That and it was the plan all along, tho idk why they wanted to debut just 4 when they had the 7(+) all along.

15 minutes ago, Drama Drama Drama said:

I support the Helen (will she debut with short hair like the ae?) add but it seems like aespa will be marketed as 4 and until nobody said something official about adding members.

Actually the insider did say so. The listed the 4 mentioned, said they’d debut as a unit, and more members would be added while naming these 3. And considering everything the insiders said turned out right as it is, this should come as no surprise.

I don't think adding these three girls will get as much hate as Yeri. In RV's case they had already filled out vocals/dance/visuals department and Yeri wasn't necessary in the eyes of the general public (not bashing her, I love Yeri but her biggest asset is her personality rather then vocals or dance skills).

Aespa on the other hand feels incomplete in terms of vocals and dance, and these three girls seem to be really talented (or pretty in Ouju's case) so they have more to offer than Yeri did. 

I hope they added Helen. She's the one who can dance. 

Plus I prefer more than 4-member group. 7 seems nice and SM never had a 7member group yet. Plus the dancing formation of an odd member group will look better.

Edited by persephone