Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
My Everything

[NB] 2PM's Nichkhun shows his support for protestors in Thailand

AKR20201018039700084_01_i_P4_20201018161534489.jpg

PYH2020101702300034000_P4_20201018161534515.jpg

Article: "No violence" Thai go wild at 2PM Nichkhun's SNS support

Source: Yonhap News via Naver

1. [+474, -118] It feels like I'm watching the 80s again. To the Thai, don't let them intimidate you. Get back at the people shooting water cannons at you in 10 years. 

2. [+295, -7] From Hong Kong's revolution to Thailand... makes you wonder how there can be such a severe lack of democratic countries...

3. [+288, -3] So different from the Chinese celebrities

4. [+215, -15] I support Nichkhun

5. [+61, -30] Some comments keep bringing up his drunk driving scandal but come on, that's not the point here, stay on topic...

6. [+21, -0] All of the Chinese celebrities are busy siding with their government but look at how different this Thai celebrity is. Whatever the case, I hope that the royal family can step back and that the country can be reborn peacefully into a democratic country.

7. [+15, -0] I miss Nichkhun now ㅎ

8. [+13, -1] Looking forward to Nichkhun spreading his positive influence. Violence, especially water cannons, should never be accepted against protestors. I know that this is all happening in another country but I'm happy to see that celebrities are stepping up and leading change!

9. [+12, -1] As long as you don't give up, the people will always win. The people are what make up the country.

10. [+6, -0] Amazing of Nichkhun!!

Source

Edited by My Everything
  • Love 5

Jay Park and his artists and Nichkhun are the ones I saw posting in solidarity for the protestors and that's really good to see. If there's any other ones that did so, I apologize cause I straight up did not see it.  

1 hour ago, rananicolee said:

Jay Park and his artists and Nichkhun are the ones I saw posting in solidarity for the protestors and that's really good to see. If there's any other ones that did so, I apologize cause I straight up did not see it.  

BamBam did as well.

• Like 1

Several thai bl actors did too. The situation in thailand is horrible right now. I hope people stay safe.

I think quite a handful of public figures are actually in support of Thai people movement against their military dictatorship by the government. But in Nickhun case, I guess his "Thai Prince" nickname still has that huge effects over the hearts of many when he showed his support to the movement.

On the side note, it's good to see these people are with the citizen of Thailand for wanting back their democratic freedom and actually doing peace rally against the government.

• Like 1

I hope Lisa, Sorn, Minnie, ten, & natty post as well

Edited by My Everything
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, My Everything said:

Sorn already did on her twitter

• Like 2

9 hours ago, My Everything said:

Natty already did and Minnie did mentioned about her support to her people in a video fanmeeting.

• Like 1

basically every thai idol has commented about the protests except for Lisa.  Not a good look.

• Like 2
  • Tea 1

2 hours ago, drakan said:

basically every thai idol has commented about the protests except for Lisa.  Not a good look.

I wouldn't be surprised that Lisa wants to talk about it like her friends, but just isn't allowed to by YG.

45 minutes ago, reiichi said:

I wouldn't be surprised that Lisa wants to talk about it like her friends, but just isn't allowed to by YG.

This

14 hours ago, reiichi said:

Tbh, it's kinda of a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation online anyways. There's been a call for these Thai idols to speak up for awhile now since these protests started. But now that they are, there are still a lot of mixed reaction. Many saying things like 'it's too late' or that they want them to do more etc. etc. Even if Lisa does speak up, I wouldn't be surprised if she's met with similar response. 

• Like 1