Jump to content
Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yknocker

It is amazing that Tzuyu survived the world's attention in early 2016

Recommended Posts

Given Jeongyeon's hiatus, it is amazing that Tzuyu survived the onslaught on her following the Huang An shit.

 

There is no need to recount the whole process, but at the age of 16, Tzuyu became the center of the world's focus.

 

JYP, thinking about the Chinese activities of acts under his control, made Tzuyu apologize to the whole world.

 

After that, Tzuyu has not done too much, and is kind of being carried away by other members (S__a, S_____n and M__o to be exact)

Instead of becoming Asia's sweetheart, she has become, well, just another member.

 

But, given what happened to a few Kpop figures since 2017, in retrospect we might have to appreciate that the very fact of Tzuyu still staying with the team and remaining part of Twice.

 

The damage Huang An caused to Twice and Tzuyu can't be calculated, but Tzuyu has managed to remain in KPop after all these. She could have left Twice and Kpop once for all, like some foreign members in recent acts who are not doing great, but decided to stick in Korea despite of everything.

 

That alone puts her in a very special position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean Taiwanese and Hong Kong idols normally go to China.

Since that's out of the books what other options does she have other than to stay in Korea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, satoori said:

it's crazy how that incident ruined her great potential

she could of been the queen of asia.

 

Yes. It really changed the picture of KPop.

 

Twice would have been the SNSD of the world, and even BTS and IU would have had a hard time against it.

39 minutes ago, Iljin Oppa said:

I mean Taiwanese and Hong Kong idols normally go to China.

Since that's out of the books what other options does she have other than to stay in Korea?

Well, Twice promoted heavily in Japan, so she could have been marketed more heavily in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Yknocker said:

 

Yes. It really changed the picture of KPop.

 

Twice would have been the SNSD of the world, and even BTS and IU would have had a hard time against it.

Well, Twice promoted heavily in Japan, so she could have been marketed more heavily in there.

As if theyd promote anyone but Jline in Japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yknocker said:

 

Yes. It really changed the picture of KPop.

 

Twice would have been the SNSD of the world, and even BTS and IU would have had a hard time against it.

 

let's not get ahead of ourselves lol

but yes twice would of been huge. especially in asia

2 minutes ago, Iljin Oppa said:

As if theyd promote anyone but Jline in Japan

even w/o heavy individual promo she's still one of the popular members in twice. 

and for all we know perhaps the china nationalist scared jype so much they didn't want to take a risk with japanese nationalist with twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese market is not even that big for Kpop, sure you can have a few big whales weirdos buying thousands of albums but they will always prefer national artists, i would estimate the loss around 1 million albums.at most

  • Tea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iljin Oppa said:

As if theyd promote anyone but Jline in Japan

Tzuyu was quite hot at the early stages in Japan. But she was not really promoted again after the Huang An shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, satoori said:

let's not get ahead of ourselves lol

but yes twice would of been huge. especially in asia

 

SNSD was able to block all boy groups until IU broke its power on late 2011

 

and Twice would have fought BlackPink in a position of strength.

 

And, Tzuyu's popularity would have also risen. She was #3 in the idol rankings on 2016, behind Taeyeon and Lee Jieun, and if Tzuyu had been unharmed and allowed to promote more heavily, Lee Jieun would not have taken #1 in all rankings on 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yknocker said:

SNSD was able to block all boy groups until IU broke its power on late 2011

 

and Twice would have fought BlackPink in a position of strength.

 

And, Tzuyu's popularity would have also risen. She was #3 in the idol rankings on 2016, behind Taeyeon and Lee Jieun, and if Tzuyu had been unharmed and allowed to promote more heavily, Lee Jieun would not have taken #1 in all rankings on 2017

i doubt twice would have blocked bts western success. but ok, whatever makes you feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, satoori said:

i doubt twice would have blocked bts western success. but ok, whatever makes you feel better.

The critical moment was early 2017. Until then BTS was just rising while Twice and EXO were ducking it off.

 

If Twice had become stronger, EXO would have been seen as a challenger to T, and ditto to BTS.

I believe this is the only time BTS fought Twice

 

With a stronger twice, it would have beaten BTS back then, and who knows what would have happened next

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yknocker said:

The critical moment was early 2017. Until then BTS was just rising while Twice and EXO were ducking it off.

 

If Twice had become stronger, EXO would have been seen as a challenger to T, and ditto to BTS.

I believe this is the only time BTS fought Twice

 

With a stronger twice, it would have beaten BTS back then, and who knows what would have happened next

 

Agree 

Bangtwice was strong ship in the kpop fandom since 2016 until 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Yknocker said:

The critical moment was early 2017. Until then BTS was just rising while Twice and EXO were ducking it off.

 

If Twice had become stronger, EXO would have been seen as a challenger to T, and ditto to BTS.

I believe this is the only time BTS fought Twice

 

With a stronger twice, it would have beaten BTS back then, and who knows what would have happened next

 

Korea is not the world.

Bts were doing better then twice and exo in the West, even before 2017.

 

 

Edited by satoori
  • Tea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to speak to this, I really made a new account just to say this. I have been watching kpop everyday since 2016 and let me tell you this

Tzuyu's popularity never downgraded it actually soared higher than before, she has been removed in some chinese related CFs but that didnt matter.

There is a hallyu ban in china so JYP is never pushing them there. Tzuyu apologized for her being a taiwanese and doesnt want to drag her group to the political mess and it made people LOVE and PITY her, not crush her on her group. 

TWICE is the biggest girlgroup since Cheerup and it help them known more to the world because of the controversy. Saying that JYP cut off tzuyu from the world is massive bullsht. JYP never promotes twice as solo because they are scared to get another MISS A. They want twice to be known as a group than be known individually, also because the popular ones like sana,tzuyu,mina are not korean so they dont get any acting gigs like suzy , also nayeon or other korean members dont have acting skills. Also you want to see Tzuyu act in a drama she cant even act girl.

 

Also BTS is only doing better than TWICE and EXO in terms of sale since they debuted in 2013, they have more fans and contents. TWICE and EXO are more popular that time. BTS took over later on when TWICE and EXO's music declines in quality they are starting to sound repetitive, thats where BTS took the spotlight, nevertheless BTS were viewed as western pleasers not national group by koreans, even if the President says so i think he just honor bts for enhancing their tourism.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OnceThries said:

I need to speak to this, I really made a new account just to say this. I have been watching kpop everyday since 2016 and let me tell you this

Tzuyu's popularity never downgraded it actually soared higher than before, she has been removed in some chinese related CFs but that didnt matter.

There is a hallyu ban in china so JYP is never pushing them there. Tzuyu apologized for her being a taiwanese and doesnt want to drag her group to the political mess and it made people LOVE and PITY her, not crush her on her group. 

TWICE is the biggest girlgroup since Cheerup and it help them known more to the world because of the controversy. Saying that JYP cut off tzuyu from the world is massive bullsht. JYP never promotes twice as solo because they are scared to get another MISS A. They want twice to be known as a group than be known individually, also because the popular ones like sana,tzuyu,mina are not korean so they dont get any acting gigs like suzy , also nayeon or other korean members dont have acting skills. Also you want to see Tzuyu act in a drama she cant even act girl.

 

Also BTS is only doing better than TWICE and EXO in terms of sale since they debuted in 2013, they have more fans and contents. TWICE and EXO are more popular that time. BTS took over later on when TWICE and EXO's music declines in quality they are starting to sound repetitive, thats where BTS took the spotlight, nevertheless BTS were viewed as western pleasers not national group by koreans, even if the President says so i think he just honor bts for enhancing their tourism.

 

I am not talking about Twice in general; I am talking about Tzuyu. Now BlackPink members are treated as celebrities around the world. Without Huang An shit, Tzuyu would have taken that position, but now she is buried in the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yknocker said:

I am not talking about Twice in general; I am talking about Tzuyu. Now BlackPink members are treated as celebrities around the world. Without Huang An shit, Tzuyu would have taken that position, but now she is buried in the group.

Blackpink as celebrities of the world?? u mean social media right?? Twice is more popular than blackpink in SK and Japan, The only thing that stopping Tzuyu from being the celebrity of the world is JYP giving her few to no solo activities, but lets look at tzuyu's skill first can she pull of a yoona? did she act? did she release a song like iu? what path she could have taken if the scandal didnt happen? She exploded at her first year coz she is really beautiful but what else can she do? I think JYp should be responsible for this tragic tzuyu situation. Twice seems more important than her, last time they put attention to one member MISS A happened.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnceThries said:

Blackpink as celebrities of the world?? u mean social media right?? Twice is more popular than blackpink in SK and Japan, The only thing that stopping Tzuyu from being the celebrity of the world is JYP giving her few to no solo activities, but lets look at tzuyu's skill first can she pull of a yoona? did she act? did she release a song like iu? what path she could have taken if the scandal didnt happen? She exploded at her first year coz she is really beautiful but what else can she do? I think JYp should be responsible for this tragic tzuyu situation. Twice seems more important than her, last time they put attention to one member MISS A happened.

JYP valued GOT7's activities in China so he deliberately depressed Tzuyu's activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top