Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
lighterxx

So... I streamed on twitch o.o

It wasn't too bad o.o I streamed on another account before, in English, and no one came T^T it was plain sad

This time I had one audience (yay!!) we chatted alot too (tho stream was in anotherlanguage)

Doyou think i should continue streaming? I heard its sometimes dangerous T^T but its not like I'm showing my face, tho I do show my steam account... 

Also should I continue streaming in English or continue streaming in another language?? Since I have a pretty strong accent im scared my English might not be understood correctly from mic rip

What do guys think o.o? 

Edited by lighterxx

If you had fun that's what's matter!

You could gain from streaming in both language, in english it could help you improve your oral expression since you said you're scared of your accent, and in the other language to gain a community since you said you had viewers and nice chat with them. So honestly just go with what is the most fun to you~

For it being dangerous honestly no idea, it's kinda like anything on the internet, you never know who is on the other side of the screen so be careful even if your audience seem nice and all, some people could still be ill-intentioned.

I would do it for a bit to see how much you like it. No one really has an audience when they start plus it could be fun. I tried to do it but it was too much work to set it up so I realized it wasn’t for me lol.

if it's fun and you enjoy it, then keep it up. it's hard to gain an audience but, if you're diligent enough and promote well, you can do it (or you can just chill and be casual about it too, up to you).

also, danger is only an issue if you show sensitive info on screen. that's how it is anywhere on the internet, really. you should be fine as long as you don't flash your address during the stream or something.

as for the english thing, lots of people have strong accents and everyone understands them. i used to have one myself but i spoke so much with my online friends while playing games that i practically lost it. so yeah, i wouldn't worry too much about that either because practice makes perfect. hope you have fun streaming!!

2 hours ago, Koya said:

If you had fun that's what's matter!

You could gain from streaming in both language, in english it could help you improve your oral expression since you said you're scared of your accent, and in the other language to gain a community since you said you had viewers and nice chat with them. So honestly just go with what is the most fun to you~

For it being dangerous honestly no idea, it's kinda like anything on the internet, you never know who is on the other side of the screen so be careful even if your audience seem nice and all, some people could still be ill-intentioned.

ATM I have two accounts, I stream in different languages in those o.o since I wished to try how it might be in both sides. Today I had two viewers when I streamed in English o.o so it wasn't too bad o.o tho I do plan on streaming from Saturday to Saturday so.. I'm afraid I will lose streamers from that rip

Also I'm careful!! I always stream using game capture instead of display capture, so even I open millions of stuff, only game is shown on twitch, I guess that would not be dangerous at all when its like that lol

2 hours ago, sergel said:

I would do it for a bit to see how much you like it. No one really has an audience when they start plus it could be fun. I tried to do it but it was too much work to set it up so I realized it wasn’t for me lol.

true ;-; its indeed... Alot of work

I want to try for a while, and if I like it maybe I can keep it up and improve slowly

2 hours ago, marlax said:

if it's fun and you enjoy it, then keep it up. it's hard to gain an audience but, if you're diligent enough and promote well, you can do it (or you can just chill and be casual about it too, up to you).

also, danger is only an issue if you show sensitive info on screen. that's how it is anywhere on the internet, really. you should be fine as long as you don't flash your address during the stream or something.

as for the english thing, lots of people have strong accents and everyone understands them. i used to have one myself but i spoke so much with my online friends while playing games that i practically lost it. so yeah, i wouldn't worry too much about that either because practice makes perfect. hope you have fun streaming!!

Lol maybe I will lose it too who knows T^T

Can I ask something which is better to stream with my mother language (Turkish) or English?

Turkish Twitch has quite a good audience too but my.taste is more inclined to international audiences when it comes to games.

What do you think??

if you had fun then go for it! also by streaming you can perhaps lessen your accent more. i used to have a strong accent when speaking korean until i started talking more often. same goes to English any other languages i think so don't be afraid of  your accents. As long as people can understand you that's fine :)

also what games do you play on your livestream?

Edited by miracleggo

6 hours ago, miracleggo said:

if you had fun then go for it! also by streaming you can perhaps lessen your accent more. i used to have a strong accent when speaking korean until i started talking more often. same goes to English any other languages i think so don't be afraid of  your accents. As long as people can understand you that's fine :)

also what games do you play on your livestream?

I played Among Us and Animal crossing so far o.o

I plan to stream the games from Nintendo majorly since my good computer is not with me yet lol

18 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Lol maybe I will lose it too who knows T^T

Can I ask something which is better to stream with my mother language (Turkish) or English?

Turkish Twitch has quite a good audience too but my.taste is more inclined to international audiences when it comes to games.

What do you think??

both have pros and cons. with turkish it would probably be easier to have gain a decent number of viewers at first since there's a lot more competition when it comes to english. on the other hand, english would probably allow for more exposure overall. in the end, it's really up to you and what you feel most comfortable with/what your goals are!! both are pretty good choices

Go watch Hachubby. She started streaming when was I think just starting to understand english. Her english has improved a lot since she first started streaming. I say don't let the english thing stop you from doing something you enjoy

4 hours ago, marlax said:

both have pros and cons. with turkish it would probably be easier to have gain a decent number of viewers at first since there's a lot more competition when it comes to english. on the other hand, english would probably allow for more exposure overall. in the end, it's really up to you and what you feel most comfortable with/what your goals are!! both are pretty good choices

I think I will continue with English o.o unless something bad happens I mean, bcs I also want to improve my language skills and twitch gives a great opportunity with something like this since I have to tlak on my own for hours lol

If English doesn't work out... Meh I will just open a Turkish account and use English one to only draw ( or maybe the opposite???? Idk lol)

24 minutes ago, Mccuish said:

Go watch Hachubby. She started streaming when was I think just starting to understand english. Her english has improved a lot since she first started streaming. I say don't let the english thing stop you from doing something you enjoy

Thank you!! I will check out ♥️ maybe I will be like her °^° I would like that alot tbh

2 hours ago, Commissioner Michaels said:

If you ever need a viewer that can spam in your chat. The man, Commissioner Michaels will answer the bell.

I need to have a chat first lol but thank you!!