Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Stepkdramafan226

Paralives: Sebastian's Summer (Live simulator like the sims)

Hello, 

Promoting this upcoming live simulator by an indie dev. It will be more similar to the sims franchise. The game is still in early development and lots of videos have dropped showing fans the gameplay. Here is the latest one: 

For sims fans that are tired of a billion dollar company making excuses for not implementing basic features. Also the fact that you need atleast $700 to get the full experience of sims 4 is very gross. 

More Vids

Check out their youtube channel for more vidoes. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/Paralives/videos

Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame

Their patron: 

https://www.patreon.com/m/2558642/community

Wishlist on steam: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1118520/Paralives/

Discord: 

http://discord.gg/HfcUJWz

Edited by Stepkdramafan226
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm really excited for this game despite not liking how the characters look because I never warmed up to Sims 4.

• Love 1

Really excited! Especially since I've been a long-time player of The Sims and... yeah, we all know how it's been getting worse and worse every year. It's still in early development, so things can change, even the way the game looks. But I'm really excited, nonetheless. The way he takes off his shoes... the way they even included that in the game?? It's the small details like this that made the first two sims series so great (not specifically taking off shoes, but just small details in general). 

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

Also the fact that you need atleast $700 to get the full experience of sims 4 is very gross. 

I got the base game for five bucks and one expansion pack for fifteen bucks and I only played the game for three days or something in total. The Sims has lost their magic. I can't even send my Sim grocery shopping in the base game. I found that so stupid. The hardcore fans need to wake up and realize that EA doesn't care about them. They just want their money. 

I'm interested in this game though. 

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, ChouChouLove said:

I'm really excited for this game despite not liking how the characters look because I never warmed up to Sims 4.

Honestly I am at the point where gameplay >>> character visual 😄 

It is still a game in progress so they will most likely polish it more before release. :la:

25 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Really excited! Especially since I've been a long-time player of The Sims and... yeah, we all know how it's been getting worse and worse every year. It's still in early development, so things can change, even the way the game looks. But I'm really excited, nonetheless. The way he takes off his shoes... the way they even included that in the game?? It's the small details like this that made the first two sims series so great (not specifically taking off shoes, but just small details in general). 

Me too OMG. I don't wanna get my hopes up too much but the content so far has been really good. I just love the little things in games like how he removed his shoes. According to the creator you can set your household to remove their shoes when they get inside their homes :la:

16 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

I got the base game for five bucks and one expansion pack for fifteen bucks and I only played the game for three days or something in total. The Sims has lost their magic. I can't even send my Sim grocery shopping in the base game. I found that so stupid. The hardcore fans need to wake up and realize that EA doesn't care about them. They just want their money. 

You know what the funniest thing is, I got introduced to the sim via sims 4 then went back to play sims 2 and sims 3 and OMG. Those games had so much life and personality compared to the sims 4. Sims 2 lore and gameplay is top notch and sims 3 exploration and "play as you like" is amazing. Sims 4 leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

Me too OMG. I don't wanna get my hopes up too much but the content so far has been really good. I just love the little things in games like how he removed his shoes. According to the creator you can set your household to remove their shoes when they get inside their homes :la:

You know what the funniest thing is, I got introduced to the sim via sims 4 then went back to play sims 2 and sims 3 and OMG. Those games had so much life and personality compared to the sims 4. Sims 2 lore and gameplay is top notch and sims 3 exploration and "play as you like" is amazing. Sims 4 leaves a lot to be desired. 

I started with Sims 2 on the Playstation 2 then migrated to the PC games when I got my own laptop and I wish I could run Sims 3 on my current laptop without it having a fit. I miss the charm from Sims 2 and 3. Sims 4 is a joke. The lots are so small. I hate that you have to buy so many expansion packs just to get the full experience. I really feel like things like weather, more jobs, pets and nightlife should be in the base game. 

• Tea 1

10 minutes ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

For real???? Ugh, the way I can finally recreate my culture inside of the game.

I wonder what the neighborhoods are going to look like! This is something I don't see many people talk about a lot, but I always thought The Sims 4 always made every neighborhood look so... white... and high-class American. There's an outlier that is San Myshuno, but that isn't nearly doing enough for me!

I would love to see suburbs with actual active neighbors, urban streets with townhouses, apartments, marketplaces nearby, and even downtown shopping areas, historic neighborhoods that preserve the identity of the past! Of course, that is a lot to ask and it's just wishful thinking, but mainly, I just want diversity! My main problem has always been that the sims seemed to focus so much on creating the rich and wealthy lifestyle when a lot of simmers also really like to play with a humble, but close-knitted neighborhood! 

• Love 1

Ooh, I might be interested in this. I used to love the Sims, played at launch 20 years ago all the way through Sims 3. I bought all the expansions + DLC for 3 (only on Steam sales though, I refuse to pay full price for that shit).

My son wanted to get into 4, and started asking for me to buy stuff for it, but when I saw what was missing from the base game I balked. EA isn't getting any more of my money after the decisions they've been making.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

I started with Sims 2 on the Playstation 2 then migrated to the PC games when I got my own laptop and I wish I could run Sims 3 on my current laptop without it having a fit. I miss the charm from Sims 2 and 3. Sims 4 is a joke. The lots are so small. I hate that you have to buy so many expansion packs just to get the full experience. I really feel like things like weather, more jobs, pets and nightlife should be in the base game. 

Sims 3 is my all time favorite but I admit that it was poorly optimized and it breaks my heart because more people cannot experience how good it was. I had to do a lot of research and I have finally created system that works for me to help me run the game and all Exp + Custom Content. Sims 2 Ultimate Collection I got free from origin after like 5 trys with customer service hahaha

Sims 4 is just bad and there is no excuse. The sim guru keep telling us how they want us to play the game instead of us deciding. 

1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

For real???? Ugh, the way I can finally recreate my culture inside of the game.

I wonder what the neighborhoods are going to look like! This is something I don't see many people talk about a lot, but I always thought The Sims 4 always made every neighborhood look so... white... and high-class American. There's an outlier that is San Myshuno, but that isn't nearly doing enough for me!

I would love to see suburbs with actual active neighbors, urban streets with townhouses, apartments, marketplaces nearby, and even downtown shopping areas, historic neighborhoods that preserve the identity of the past! Of course, that is a lot to ask and it's just wishful thinking, but mainly, I just want diversity! My main problem has always been that the sims seemed to focus so much on creating the rich and wealthy lifestyle when a lot of simmers also really like to play with a humble, but close-knitted neighborhood! 

They are doing so many surveys to incorporate as many cultures and diversity. They finally added more dark skin tones less than a week after someone let them know. Sims 4 team still hasn't added more and black simmers like me have to go find dark skins that don't look ashy :har:

What you are describing would be my dream come true. I would love a lively and active city or small town or medival kingdom or village. If someone wants their whole town to be based in the middle ages where their sim is somehow stealing their way to they top then they can do it hahaha. 

Since its an indie game though I want to kinda keep my hopes normal. They are giving us weather and pets in base game. I am so excited

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maphisto40 said:

Ooh, I might be interested in this. I used to love the Sims, played at launch 20 years ago all the way through Sims 3. I bought all the expansions + DLC for 3 (only on Steam sales though, I refuse to pay full price for that shit).

My son wanted to get into 4, and started asking for me to buy stuff for it, but when I saw what was missing from the base game I balked. EA isn't getting any more of my money after the decisions they've been making.

I agree :la: This game is still in development and I am already seeing good gameplay. Stuff simmers always wanted and kept begging for. 

I really tried to love sims 4 but I just cant. EA has turned simmers into ATM cant even give us the bare minimum. 

Weather and pet will come in the basegame of paralives like what??? So excited :stare:

2 hours ago, ChouChouLove said:

This is honestly what's stopping me from wanting to get it.

2 hours ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

For sims fans that are tired of a billion dollar company making excuses for not implementing basic features. Also the fact that you need atleast $700 to get the full experience of sims 4 is very gross.

2 hours ago, rananicolee said:

Never pay full price for anything from EA. Even though I really liked the Sims 3, after paying for the packs and extra stuff at the Sims' Store I was so done with giving them money. I now wait for reviewers to buy it and give their takes. I usually watch LGR for his sim review videos because he's not biased towards them.

But yea, EA sucks.

Just now, Your Biggest Fan said:

This is honestly what's stopping me from wanting to get it.

Never pay full price for anything from EA. Even though I really liked the Sims 3, after paying for the packs and extra stuff at the Sims' Store I was so done with giving them money. I now wait for reviewers to buy it and give their takes. I usually watch LGR for his sim review videos because he's not biased towards them.

But yea, EA sucks.

I really don't like paying full price from EA. I reluctantly got Sims 4 because it was just $5 and I thought "oh this is REALLY cheap". Then I got the get famous pack this spring because it was $15. I refuse. I only played the game a few times.  

48 minutes ago, rananicolee said:

I really don't like paying full price from EA. I reluctantly got Sims 4 because it was just $5 and I thought "oh this is REALLY cheap". Then I got the get famous pack this spring because it was $15. I refuse. I only played the game a few times.  

Do you like the famous pack? I haven't bought a pack in a really long time and was thinking of getting one when there's a sale or on cyber monday.

omg it's great to see someone talk about paralives here! i've been supporting paralives on patreon for a while now and i'm very content with how they've been developing the game. they seem to be headed in the right direction so far.

i have to confess, i'm also not a huge fan of how the characters look but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. gameplay definitely matters most and the characters are surely still subject to change throughout the development process. i mean, TS4 looks very nice but tons of us just get bored of it within 5 minutes of playing so what's the point?

besides, they've already confirmed that players will be able to introduce mods/custom content into the game through the steam workshop (which is very easy to use) so i'm sure we'll all be able to make the game look exactly how we want it.

this video is very reassuring because it shows how much attention to detail is going into this game. i'm glad they're finally showing us some gameplay elements and that they're introducing pretty unique features in comparison to the same old stuff we've gotten from the sims.

this is a good team and i have a lot of faith in them, indie developers are so damn healthy for this industry. they listen to their community and plan on continuously improving the game through free updates. that's gonna be incredibly refreshing in comparison to EA's shitty decisions which are motivated by greed alone. paralives already has a lot of support, if alex and the staff he's hired play their cards right, this game could be huge.

sorry for the essay but i love this genre and i've been waiting for some decent competition to pop up and challenge EA for ages. my enthusiasm is through the roof

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

Do you like the famous pack? I haven't bought a pack in a really long time and was thinking of getting one when there's a sale or on cyber monday.

if i may butt in since it's better to have more opinions! i have all the packs except for the stuff packs (got it all on sale, of course) and honestly... like many of the sims 4 expansion packs, they're fun only for the first three days, lmao.

i was really excited for get famous, too. since i tend to like making my sims celebrities in the other games. but all get famous added was an acting career, which was honestly an annoyance to play out so i just ended up sending them to work alone instead of joining them to do objectives. it added a fame system like in sims 3 late night, which also included perks. you can own your own lifestyle brand (which doesn't rake in a lot of money, so there really isn't any point). and there is also reputations, which is cool and all... if it actually worked. in sims 3, you can publicly be disgraced if you cheated, peed yourself (lmao), divorced, being falsely accused, etc which brings down your reputation, and none of that happens in sims 4... it's really just your attitude towards people that affects it and that's it. the only kind of cool thing is making advertisement videos? but even that is a hassle since it takes so long to do each step in the process of just uploading a video. 

i sound pretty negative, but that's just how i feel about it. i would be way saltier if i actually paid the full price of it. 

4 hours ago, ChouChouLove said:

I've never warmed up to Sims 4 either. I still play Sims 2 and 3 lol. The current character models of Paralives aren't my favorite either but mods can fix that. I'm more into gameplay first and foremost!

Keeping my eye on this game and whatever Paradox Tectonic is cooking up (praying it is indeed a life sim game).

Edited by frozentear

1 hour ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

Somewhat. I feel like the city living pack would work well with it but I don’t have that one. 

1 minute ago, rananicolee said:

Somewhat. I feel like the city living pack would work well with it but I don’t have that one. 

I have that pack so I might try it.

44 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

if i may butt in since it's better to have more opinions! i have all the packs except for the stuff packs (got it all on sale, of course) and honestly... like many of the sims 4 expansion packs, they're fun only for the first three days, lmao.

i was really excited for get famous, too. since i tend to like making my sims celebrities in the other games. but all get famous added was an acting career, which was honestly an annoyance to play out so i just ended up sending them to work alone instead of joining them to do objectives. it added a fame system like in sims 3 late night, which also included perks. you can own your own lifestyle brand (which doesn't rake in a lot of money, so there really isn't any point). and there is also reputations, which is cool and all... if it actually worked. in sims 3, you can publicly be disgraced if you cheated, peed yourself (lmao), divorced, being falsely accused, etc which brings down your reputation, and none of that happens in sims 4... it's really just your attitude towards people that affects it and that's it. the only kind of cool thing is making advertisement videos? but even that is a hassle since it takes so long to do each step in the process of just uploading a video. 

i sound pretty negative, but that's just how i feel about it. i would be way saltier if i actually paid the full price of it. 

Don't worry about sounding negative. Your giving your point of view. I really liked late night in the Sims 3 and am extremely gutted to hear that they removed a great deal about what made it fun. I'm going to wait for the price to go waaaay down before I buy this pack.

This looks interesting so I’ll keep an eye on it.

Sucks about Sims 4 though. Expansions always cost a lot but at least you got a lot. Now even the sims subreddit and long time youtubers have lost their interest in it which is tragic considering how revolutionary the series was. EA already lost SimCity to City Skylines so I see fans leaving sims 4 too.