Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lubbin

AKB48 Team TP are now considered the nations girl group of Taiwan

There's literally no competition in Taiwan.

• LOL 1
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 1

I'm not asking this to be rude or anything like that: Is there really any other competition for best pop/girl group in Taiwan. I know solo singers are huge, but I don't know what the group scene is like over there.

This is a bit misleading

On 9/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, Your Biggest Fan said:

I'm not asking this to be rude or anything like that: Is there really any other competition for best pop/girl group in Taiwan. I know solo singers are huge, but I don't know what the group scene is like over there.

The only very popular Taiwanese girl group is S.H.E but they're not active as a group except for the occasional concert or end of year-performance.

If you've been into kpop for a while you might have seen this MV from Weather Girls, but they were mostly based in Japan and were never super popular.

There's also Popu Lady but I don't know if they're still active.

1 hour ago, abra said:

This is a bit misleading

The only very popular Taiwanese girl group is S.H.E but they're not active as a group except for the occasional concert or end of year-performance.

If you've been into kpop for a while you might have seen this MV from Weather Girls, but they were mostly based in Japan and were never super popular.

There's also Popu Lady but I don't know if they're still active.

That's what I figured. I'm familiar with S.H.E., Weather Girls and Popu Lady but as far as I can tell they're all disbanded/on indefinite hiatus.

When you're the only active girl group in the country it's easy to be number one.

• Like 1