Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
stan BISH

Virtual idol agency "hololive" announces debut of English speaking group "hololive myth"

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/09/09/hololive-prepares-to-debut-new-vtubers-for-english-speaking-audiences

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fvirtualyoutuber%2Fimages%2Fd%2Fdb%2FHololive_1st_fes._Nonstop_Story_02.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20191227205403&hash=177501a2de1213b81002b0f18c493453

Cover Corp announced the launch of its hololive English Virtual YouTuber group on Wednesday, which will deliver English-language interactions with fans on platforms such as

YouTube and Twitter. Five new talents launched their Twitter accounts on Wednesday, and they will begin streaming activities on September 12-13.

The concept behind the hololive English group is "myth," as the members "hail from worlds of legend." The group's official English YouTube account released a promotional video highlighting the new talent.

Virtual Youtubers, also known as VTubers, refer to people who are active on YouTube's platform as a virtual being. Within that, Hololive production operates its business in various regions such as Japan, China and Indonesia. With over 10 million fans on YouTube and likewise over 10 million supporters on bilibili in China as well.

aj7pufwmywl51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=b179e42fd648078796416d76c446e539292e1530

I know I'm going to regret asking this but here we go.

*Breathes in deeply*

What is hololive?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

I know I'm going to regret asking this but here we go.

*Breathes in deeply*

What is hololive?

imagine if an anime character was a real person that decided to become an idol?

more or less that is the idea, in their CEO words they are supposed to be the virtual "version" of AKB48 proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FC5LjWk5.png&hash=bc552c32214dcb8c5a24328907f509a1

key word "supposed",  so good question what they are at this pointproxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FC5LjWk5.png&hash=bc552c32214dcb8c5a24328907f509a1

oh, but they also have a wiki, so for a more in depth explanation:

https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Hololive

Edited by stan BISH

omg waait i've seen a lot of japanese vtuber clips (usually from nijisanji) in my recommended and they can be pretty entertaining. i feel like it'll be kinda weird to watch this kind of content in english but i'm also very interested to see how the western market will react to it so bring it on

• Like 1

if I understand the concept correctly isnt it just like Gorillaz? a virtual/animated group.

• Like 2

so instead of an actual person these are animated characters acting as youtubers/influencers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hyun-Sung-In said:

if I understand the concept correctly isnt it just like Gorillaz? a virtual/animated group.

i think this is a pretty close comparison!

although a big difference here is that they are not traditionally animated, rather the "holo" part of the name is because all the movements and expressions of these characters are done in real time by a person (think of the 3d capture done in movies)

if one of them smiles there is a person behind smiling, if one jumps there is a real person jumping

for example in their 3d streams you can see how natural their movements are (compared with animation)

16 hours ago, satoori said:

so instead of an actual person these are animated characters acting as youtubers/influencers

pretty much, they have twitters, youtube channels, fandom names, so more or less like if they were the real thing

18 hours ago, marlax said:

omg waait i've seen a lot of japanese vtuber clips (usually from nijisanji) in my recommended and they can be pretty entertaining. i feel like it'll be kinda weird to watch this kind of content in english but i'm also very interested to see how the western market will react to it so bring it on

i only hear of them a few weeks ago, like half of all my youtube recommendations were hololive videos so i got curious, weird thing is that i never search for anime videos on youtube (i don't remember the last time i watched one) so i have no idea whyC5LjWk5.png well, at least they are fun

i hear of nijisanji too, if hololive does well in the west maybe more Vtuber companies could decide to try too!

38 minutes ago, stan BISH said:

pretty much, they have twitters, youtube channels, fandom names, so more or less like if they were the real thing

it's always very interesting who all people will follow for entertainment

well, sounds fun! (tho not something i'm interested in haha)

1 hour ago, stan BISH said:

i think this is a pretty close comparison!

although a big difference here is that they are not traditionally animated, rather the "holo" part of the name is because all the movements and expressions of these characters are done in real time by a person (think of the 3d capture done in movies)

if one of them smiles there is a person behind smiling, if one jumps there is a real person jumping

for example in their 3d streams you can see how natural their movements are (compared with animation)

oh I see, thats very interesting! thanks for the info!