OneHallyu

[BREAKING NEWS] Chadwick Boseman dies at age 43 after 4-year fight with colon cancer

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/chadwick-boseman-black-panther-dead-1.5704780

Actor Chadwick Boseman, who played Black icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown before finding fame as the regal Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, died Friday of cancer, his representative said. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement. "From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more — all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honour of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

RIP.

Edited by speedthief

This year has been the worst. This hurts a lot. My condolences to his loved ones. This one hurt 

Same age as my godmother when she passed away from cancer. I seriously hate that disease. Another amazing soul is gone Rest In Power King. Best wishes to his loved ones 

Edited by Shakey26

Oh my god I'm just so shocked, I felt like my heart dropped to my stomach.

I knew he was sick, and the pics of him in a wheelchair were worrying but I still never expected this.

I don't even know what to say.

May he rest in peace. He fought for so long.

And my deepest condolences to his loved ones.

Edited by Yukihime
7 hours ago, namidaone said:

RIP.  
so he was still sick while filming Black Panther but didn't want to make it public.
Great acting T'Challa looked so healthy and powerful onscreen.

And IW and Endgame too! That's just so crazy to think about. And went around the world and promoted them as well. I can't imagine how tiring and painful it was for him! But you could tell he loved acting and that trumped any negativity that was happening with him.

4 hours ago, Yukihime said:

Oh my god I'm just so shocked, I felt like my heart dropped to my stomach.

I knew he was sick, and the pics of him in a wheelchair were worrying but I still never expected this.

I don't even know what to say.

May he rest in peace. He fought for so long.

And my deepest condolences to his loved ones.

I didn't know he was in a wheelchair! Just goes to show how private he was about all this.

I'm so upset about this. In his short time in the spotlight he became such a cultural icon. Not only was he T'challa, but he was also Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall and James Brown. My heart is broken.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Your Biggest Fan said:

I didn't know he was in a wheelchair! Just goes to show how private he was about all this.

I'm so upset about this. In his short time in the spotlight he became such a cultural icon. Not only was he T'challa, but he was also Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall and James Brown. My heart is broken.

Yeah some paparazzi (or some people I don't remember) took pics of him outside an hospital in a wheelchair months ago, that's when rumors about his health started, but his family rightfully got mad and asked for privacy as they felt like whatever was happening didn't concern anyone other than themselves, and asked for rumors to stop (it went wild as always unfortunately), they always wanted to keep it private.