Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
lighterxx

Am I cheap for waiting for steam sales?

I heard the term cloud players? Where they are called cheapo for waiting for sale but 😩 some steam games are literally same cost as our weekly shopping list rip

Idk it bothered me, i too want to play new devil may cry but it's too expensive for me ;-;

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Heck no, it's smart. I currently have close to 400 games on Steam because I wait for sales and go a little nuts. Also, by the time a game goes on sale, most bugs have been worked out through patches and people have created workshop content for them.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Maphisto40 said:

Heck no, it's smart. I currently have close to 400 games on Steam because I wait for sales and go a little nuts. Also, by the time a game goes on sale, most bugs have been worked out through patches and people have created workshop content for them.

I think like you do too ._. like a programme I wanted for ages went on sale and it's crazy cheap now and damn it made me happy?? But I also refund games alot if I dislike them which I heard it's also considered rude rip 

I never, EVER, pay full price.

• Like 1

Doesn't everyone do that?

The sales are so frequent that it's always best to wait

• Like 1
  • Tea 1

don't the devs have to opt-in for the sale? if they're fine with it then i dont see the issue

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, choiyujins said:

Doesn't everyone do that?

The sales are so frequent that it's always best to wait

I agree, we get sales at summer and winter, and sales at random times per company

At this point it's easier to find games with sales, than find ones without sales lol

Still felt a bit bad such behaviour called cheap when its so logical 😩

25 minutes ago, Neopoli said:

don't the devs have to opt-in for the sale? if they're fine with it then i dont see the issue

Yes, they are the deciders. Otherwise steam would pay it out of their own pocket and lose millions every month rip

I guess only thing that can harm devs are refunds? That's why I need to be extremely bored to refund, luckily it's seen as more normal compared to sales interestingly o.o

no you're not alone, over on Switch ive been waiting almost ONE YEAR now for Untitled Goose Game to go sale and its only $20

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lighterxx said:

I agree, we get sales at summer and winter, and sales at random times per company

At this point it's easier to find games with sales, than find ones without sales lol

Still felt a bit bad such behaviour called cheap when its so logical 😩

Yes, they are the deciders. Otherwise steam would pay it out of their own pocket and lose millions every month rip

I guess only thing that can harm devs are refunds? That's why I need to be extremely bored to refund, luckily it's seen as more normal compared to sales interestingly o.o

that one competitor that bought some contracts so ppl cant post on steam didnt ask devs if they wanna go on sale but i forgot the name of the competitor so at least steam is nice in that regard

and yeah refunds can hurt them, esp if the key was stolen

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There's nothing wrong with waiting for good games to come on sale. I wait for good games to come on sale and it's usually the best decision I tend to make.  I bought FF15 while it was on sale and it best decision I made. I'd also like to add that Steam has a good refund system which also adds to why I wait for big sales to happen.

Edited by Mccuish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, evil4life said:

no you're not alone, over on Switch ive been waiting almost ONE YEAR now for Untitled Goose Game to go sale and its only $20

Sorry for the double post. I'm mainly an online person with my switch, so I wait for sales a lot. I waited for the rabbids game to come on sale since I heard a lot of good things about it. I'm happy I waited since it's a great game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, evil4life said:

Tbh same, $20 to me is... Around 140 tl which is crazy expensive for a game

Its half the cost of red dead redemption T^T its too expensive for me rip

Posted (edited)

It is normal to wait for sales, I have to admit that I have played pirated versions few times. I just did not have the money to buy games all the times and I just wanted to play games. I played GTA V first time when it was free on Epic. Still the best game I have played is World of Warcraft. You always have something to do in that game and it is super cool with all the quests. It can get a little bit hard at time and that is when I used wow boost. It is a great service where you can level up your account really fast. By doing that you avoid all the toxic players and it is much nicer to play.

Edited by AngeloSmith
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AngeloSmith said:

I always wait for the sales, or I get codes from websites like G2A...

Do you have any websites you suggest??? I would love to use website offers too but most of the websites I found seemed untrustworthy

no way I'm paying $23.99 for Remnant when Epic gave it away for free. What kind of tomfoolery? Sales are best option

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, delirium said:

no way I'm paying $23.99 for Remnant when Epic gave it away for free. What kind of tomfoolery? Sales are best option

...damn when did that happen T^T i completely missed it!! why cant i know these types of things sooner rip

• Like 1

No. I'm waiting for cuphead and luigi's mansion to go on sale at the nintendo eshop. I mean they're on sale now but I'm not paying over 40 for Luigi's Mansion. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rananicolee said:

No. I'm waiting for cuphead and luigi's mansion to go on sale at the nintendo eshop. I mean they're on sale now but I'm not paying over 40 for Luigi's Mansion. 

Eshop sucks they give worlds most miniscule sales rip

Edited by lighterxx
Typo

12 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Eshop sucks they give worlds most miniscule sales rip

they currently have nba 2k20 for five bucks though! but i'm not a fan of that game so i skipped out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rananicolee said:

they currently have nba 2k20 for five bucks though! but i'm not a fan of that game so i skipped out. 

I recently got a game i wanted for long time for like 6 dollars? its not too bad, but still i prefer Steam's system of sales rip

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, lighterxx said:

...damn when did that happen T^T i completely missed it!! why cant i know these types of things sooner rip

I have Opera browser which tells you deals on games on the front page. And Epic launcher has free games on the dashboard. So I check those or gamers in Discord tell me what's free

• Like 1