Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Gerimolda

Girlgroups fanmade lightsticks vs final official ones

DLDetqtUQAALF8S?format=jpg&name=large

cavbabyyy21-would-love-to-hold-this-kind

lightstick-oficial-de-blackpink-merch-2_

red-velvet-light-stick-5.jpg

red-velvet-fanlight-lightstick.jpg

sau-11-nam-snsd-cung-co-lightstick-chinh

GirlsGeneration_LightStick_1_4-800x800-0

The SNSD one still sends me 💀 The hopes weren't too high they were through the fucking roof 

I always thought the ones reveluvs designed were so pretty

Posted (edited)

doesn't seem safe to have a gun-shaped lightstick, and at a concert venue too

i don't like any of the fan designs for BP, they look either tacky or very unoriginal. i loved the hammer right when i first saw it!!! super cute and badass, really fits their name

Edited by canis lupus

2 hours ago, SVT TBZ said:

why is everyone so thirsty for a gun lightstick

With BP it was the girl crush concept + these teaser pics + a YG merch designer actually making one

olj0s9d3uigUQXj2p77-o.jpg

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/yg-entertainment-designer-revealed-alternate-version-blackpink-lightstick/

YG Entertainment Designer Revealed An Alternate Version Of BLACKPINK’s Lightstick

It had actually been made years ago.

When BLACKPINK‘s lightstick comes to mind, whether they’re fans or not, everyone can imagine the black and pink hammer. With the pink hearts and black handle, it toes the line between cute and badass.

Since lightsticks take time to work on and go through multiple changes, fans found some photos they thought could’ve been the original version.

From photos shared from one of YG Entertainment‘s “Artist Merch Designers,” there were multiple pieces of merchandise created for BLACKPINK. Sporting their logo and designed in black and pink, BLINKs were impressed with how well done they were.

dpgaGnOvgu-LGtysuhnjj7MQknSsqT8Coe_S8wN0

What caught their attention the most was what appeared to be a lightstick in the shape of a gun.

i5C-haXn1X4ys6mSeYgMvjss8xnsqPhT5vY_PKK9

The two-toned faux machine gun was too hard for them to miss, especially with such a long, pink barrel on the end. The lightstick wasn’t just for looks. The creator had planned functions for it.

hNgkIM6XfEpdiFkpnsDPT12DvYXWHYN92IisbT5N

In a detailed photo, the pink barrel was the actual light source, the trigger was the power button, and the top switches changed the three lighting modes.

j60mHGaFNUAYwxJbH4stJvJlQx0y--cRjP0kwAYV

The designer admitted that she had made it back in 2018. While BLINKs were wondering if it had actually been the original version, she set the record straight by explaining that it had been for a school project.

At the time, she’d been hoping to work at YG Entertainment and designed all of the merchandise above. If she were working at the company then, BLACKPINK definitely would’ve released some badass merchandise that BLINKs would’ve loved

2 hours ago, canis lupus said:

doesn't seem safe to have a gun-shaped lightstick, and at a concert venue too

Cherry Bullet lightstick is already a gun tho

CHERRYBULLET_LS.jpg?v=1581061621

Fanmade gun lightsticks for RV were probably done after they saw Blinks talking about it and liked the idea. The BP gun design is older than the RV one.

still remembering the memes from when both the bp and the snsd lightsticks came out...especially bc the snsd one is shaped like a tooth lmao

SM lighsticks are very basic, I didn't catch that, like RV heart fan art has more impact.

I'm just thankful they got one, it took them 84 years but they got one

I still remember how cute it was to see the Blackpink lightsticks in the audience for the first time ever 💖

I like fanmade ones more but I like bp lightstick more than all of fanmade ones you shared

Fanmade ones look so lq lol

when BP's lightstick was revealed i thought it was tragic but it's grown on me tbh. she's iconic

fanmade lightsticks always look so good though. i've noticed for nearly every group i know, the fans usually set the standard higher than what the company provides. someone needs to hire these people

On 8/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, love said:

still remembering the memes from when both the bp and the snsd lightsticks came out...especially bc the snsd one is shaped like a tooth lmao

some people also said it looked like a uterus and SNSD gave birth to newer girl groups 🤣