Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
hynapia

ATEEZ chart on Genie (and top 10) for the first time

I'm really impressed because their k-fandom is still very small so I guess it's their i-fandom streaming?

• Thinking 1

Still #9 on Genie and also charting on Bugs, I'm really impressed tbh

Unless Genie makes it easy for ifans to stream, I would assume this is mostly their kfandom..

Someone mentioned before that the new Melon rules would push some fans to other platforms. 

Congrats! This means their fandom is growing in Korea. Still small but growing.

I noticed also recently a few more pann/theqoo post talking about them too. Even if it's mostly just about their records and international popularity. Still shows knetz are noticing them more. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, satoori said:

Unless Genie makes it easy for ifans to stream, I would assume this is mostly their kfandom..

Someone mentioned before that the new Melon rules would push some fans to other platforms. 

Congrats! This means their fandom is growing in Korea. Still small but growing.

I noticed also recently a few more pann/theqoo post talking about them too. Even if it's mostly just about their records and international popularity. Still shows knetz are noticing them more. 

Apparently everyone (including i-fans) can get free links to stream in Genie but the thing is that they're charting in Bugs too and afaik i-fans can't stream in Bugs, so yeah, I guess their k-fandom is indeed growing. This is the very first time they chart anywhere because their previous comebacks didn't crack any chart, not even the smaller ones. The thing is that on melon tho, they aren't even top 1000 so it makes sense that their k-fandom migrated to other platforms where it's easier to stream and in Genie's case the i-fandom is clearly giving a good push too.

I'm really impressed of how much they're growing tbh. Even Stray Kids being from JYP and having a big i-fandom can't chart high on Genie or Bugs.

Edited by hynapia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hynapia said:

Apparently everyone (including i-fans) can get free links to stream in Genie but the thing is that they're charting in Bugs too and afaik i-fans can't stream in Bugs, so yeah, I guess their k-fandom is indeed growing. This is the very first time they chart anywhere because their previous comebacks didn't crack any chart, not even the smaller ones. The thing is that on melon tho, they aren't even top 1000 so it makes sense that their k-fandom migrated to other platforms where it's easier to stream and in Genie's case the i-fandom is clearly giving a good push too.

I'm really impressed of how much they're growing tbh. Even Stray Kids being from JYP and having a big i-fandom can't chart high on Genie or Bugs.

yea this is a good sign - even with ifans inflated it a bit

hopefully their kfandom continues to grow and their recognition with the general public

i personally not a huge fan of ateez but they're group that works very hard and deserves more. so good luck to them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hynapia said:

Apparently everyone (including i-fans) can get free links to stream in Genie

looks like these links only allow 1 stream per account per hour so even if that's the case, it takes a lot of people's effort to put them in the top10. still great work from their fandom

• Like 1

They managed to chart on Genie DAILY too. I'm seriously impressed because majority of boygroups (especially rookies or from small companies) don't even chart in real time, let alone daily.