Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
choiyujins

Youtube getting rid of fan captioning SUCKS

I do a lot of subbing on youtube and it's one of the things that helped me get better at korean

Smaller varieties/groups/programs etc rely heavily on fansubbing and getting rid of it is going to decrease engagement imo, a lot of the stuff I watch on yt is subbed by fans

Annoyinggg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlessMeAchoo said:

This is going to be terrible for Monsta X tbh, Starship are too lazy to sub half their stuff so Monbebe have to rely on fansubs 😭

Exactly, it's a minority of companies who consistently sub

Admittedly a lot of them don't even allow community contributions, but for those who do and don't have reliable subbing teams on twt and stuff this is a big change

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PurpleAnii said:

Uggghh I hate this. This is unfortunate for the deaf community too. 

yes! that's probably the biggest thing

1 hour ago, satoori said:

from the perspective of kpop/korean content..this will hurt. we're one of the fandom cultures that probably use this feature the most.

the korean idol industry already was moving to vlive and other new platforms too tho

so i guess this could make even more do so

i believe vlive have the fan sub option still

if I'm not mistaken vlive relies solely on fansubs except for official vaap stuff so I would be very surprised if they ever took that feature away

Sign in to follow this