Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
hynapia

Top 10 2020 GG songs with bigger digital points on Gaon

Posted (edited)

-Nonstop is so far the biggest GG hit this year but HYLT is gaining points at a faster rate so we'll see.

-OMG is the only group with a b-side in the list and it even made it to top 5.

-April's digitals have improved vastly. They went from almost no charting at all to nearly 100M digital points.

-A Pink is the only 2nd gen group in the list.

Edited by hynapia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, xiaodery said:

oh my girl is the revolution

Right? I'm shocked they went from a group that charted just decently to having the biggest gg hit so far.

Twice's digitals are tanking more and more every comeback.

• Tea 8

4 minutes ago, Ganymede said:

I really like TWICE but honestly More & More wasn’t a good song - or didn’t fit them (at least in my opinion).

• Tea 2

2 minutes ago, Serena25 said:

I really like TWICE but honestly More & More wasn’t a good song - or didn’t fit them (at least in my opinion).

It was fine, not the chorus though it's terrible.

OMG is slaying! Even their bside is at top 5!

I expected better for Twice tho. I wonder if their cb later this year will redeem themselves

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Ganymede said:

Sadly yes, both Feel Special and More&More didn't do as well as their previous tracks but they still chart great compared to majority of ggs tbh. M&M is still like top 25 on melon so it's okay.

Edited by hynapia

10 minutes ago, ShuChun said:

OMG is slaying! Even their bside is at top 5!

I expected better for Twice tho. I wonder if their cb later this year will redeem themselves

Maybe. If RV redeemed themselves with Psycho after 2-3 "flop" comebacks, they can do it too. Gfriend on the other hand seems to be basically done with the GP tho. They don't chart well since 2018 and it's a pity because Apple was a great song.

3 minutes ago, hynapia said:

Maybe. If RV redeemed themselves with Psycho after 2-3 "flop" comebacks, they can do it too. Gfriend on the other hand seems to be basically done with the GP tho. They don't chart well since 2018 and it's a pity because Apple was a great song.

Oh yeah I was wondering about Gfriend too and forgot about them. They were basically strong at digitals pre-2018. Didn't Apink not do well for awhile after 2016 and then suddenly in 2018/2019 they came back strong and revived their digital perf until now. 

If you only count Psycho's 2020 points, they'd be #1 with over 500 million.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ShuChun said:

Oh yeah I was wondering about Gfriend too and forgot about them. They were basically strong at digitals pre-2018. Didn't Apink not do well for awhile after 2016 and then suddenly in 2018/2019 they came back strong and revived their digital perf until now. 

Yeah, I don't follow A Pink very much but I think they had a slump around 2015-17 but since they changed to a more mature style and song with I'm so sick (2018) they've been doing consistently well, so maybe that could happen to Gfriend. But the thing is that so far the public don't seem to check out anything they release either if it's their usual style (Crossroad) or different (Apple) so idk 😕

7 minutes ago, Iljin Oppa said:

If you only count Psycho's 2020 points, they'd be #1 with over 500 million.

Yeah, so far and based on points Psycho would have the highest chances to win SOTY, but OMG and BP songs are catching up so I'm intrigued to see who get it at the end because award shows rarely give SOTY to songs released the previous year.

@ShuChun @hynapia 

Of course, they are not flopping, but yea Grfriend started to noticeably decline on the charts with 'Summer Rain'  were able to recover with 'Time for the Moon Night', but went back declining with 'Sunny Summer'. Gfriend have continue to chart out of top 10  and rank lower each comeback. Although one could argue 'Apple' did WAY better. On the old realtime chart it peaked at #11. And at least they were able to debut on the new chart.

Nonetheless while they're currently going through a sort of slump with the public during their transition from cute to mature, their fandom have been growing. Especially in Asia, specifically Japan. If it wasn't for Covid they could of continue to grow their Japanese fandom. Probably would of had a even bigger Japanese tour in 2020. They were doing well over there, gaining momentum fast. Their most recent Japanese tour was  their biggest attendance and revenue yet, plus increased their ranking significantly compared to other GGs.

-total attendance: #4 https://onehallyu.com/topic/146247-update-022519-list-of-girl-groups-concert-tour/
-total earnings: #4 https://onehallyu.com/topic/794276-top-earing-new-gen-girl-groups-gross-concert-physical/
-box score of recent asian tour: https://onehallyu.com/topic/795403-kpop-concert-tours-20182019-boxscores-only-officially-reported-statistic-svtnct-upd/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, satoori said:

@ShuChun @hynapia 

Of course, they are not flopping, but yea Grfriend started to noticeably decline on the charts with 'Summer Rain'  were able to recover with 'Time for the Moon Night', but went back declining with 'Sunny Summer'. Gfriend have continue to chart out of top 10  and rank lower each comeback. Although one could argue 'Apple' did WAY better. On the old realtime chart it peaked at #11. And at least they were able to debut on the new chart.

Nonetheless while they're currently going through a sort of slump with the public during their transition from cute to mature, their fandom have been growing. Especially in Asia, specifically Japan. If it wasn't for Covid they could of continue to grow their Japanese fandom. Probably would of had a even bigger Japanese tour in 2020. They were doing well over there, gaining momentum fast. Their most recent Japanese tour was  their biggest attendance and revenue yet, plus increased their ranking significantly compared to other GGs.

-total attendance: #4 https://onehallyu.com/topic/146247-update-022519-list-of-girl-groups-concert-tour/
-total earnings: #4 https://onehallyu.com/topic/794276-top-earing-new-gen-girl-groups-gross-concert-physical/
-box score of recent asian tour: https://onehallyu.com/topic/795403-kpop-concert-tours-20182019-boxscores-only-officially-reported-statistic-svtnct-upd/

Crossroads from earlier this year actually debuted higher, at #10

And that's the thing. Gfriend's songs usually debut in the top 10 but the problem is that they drop too fast. The last time they were able to chart in the top 10 (daily) for several weeks was with time for the moonlight in 2018, so yeah, they're not flopping but digitally they're way past their peak and they're probably the weakest among the top ggs digitally right now. However, their physical sales have improved in these past 2 years and they've been gaining a bigger international fandom, which it's great. After all, physical sales and fanmeetings/concerts/tours bring more money than just digitals.

Edited by hynapia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hynapia said:

Crossroads from earlier this year actually debuted higher, at #10

And that's the thing. Gfriend's songs usually debut in the top 10 but the problem is that they drop too fast. The last time they were able to chart in the top 10 (daily) for several weeks was with time for the moonlight in 2018, so yeah, they're not flopping but digitally they're way past their peak and they're probably the weakest among the top ggs digitally right now. However, their physical sales have improved in these past 2 years and they've been gaining a bigger international fandom, which it's great. After all, physical sales and fanmeetings/concerts/tours bring more money than just digitals.

mess. how could i forget about crossroad! /fail/ 

but yea like you said gfriend can't seem to keep their momentum with the public. which isn't necessarily a bad thing since their fandom is growing and their profitable.