Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
My Everything

chart April now or never current charting

i'm living for girl groups in their 4th year and plus becoming successful and gaining new peaks

25 on melon? wow that's even a higher peak than lalalilala that stayed mostly in the top 60-80 😮 They are becoming such a consistent group digitally and they did that in their 5th year.

10 hours ago, B.B.B. said:

i'm living for girl groups in their 4th year and plus becoming successful and gaining new peaks

I agree. During 2nd gen and early 3rd gen it was extremely rare for a gg (or any group in general) to become successful after their 3rd year, but now you have groups like OMG and April that have started to blow up in their 5th year. In April's case they all debuted pretty young so they're still only in their early 20s now, so they can be active for a long time.

3 hours ago, hynapia said:

I agree. During 2nd gen and early 3rd gen it was extremely rare for a gg (or any group in general) to become successful after their 3rd year, but now you have groups like OMG and April that have started to blow up in their 5th year. In April's case they all debuted pretty young so they're still only in their early 20s now, so they can be active for a long time.

Right? There was always this “rule” that if you don’t have a hit or a large fan base by your second year, your career is deemed to be stagnant with little to no potential to grow. And what’s scary is that it does actually happen, as you said with the 3rd gen groups. But really happy that this generation has turned over a new leaf. OMG and April breaking that tradition. Even NCT with the recent comeback being their highest charting yet, both Dream and 127. SF9 and Golden Child as well. And it seems like ONF will join these groups soon. It’s really refreshing to see!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, B.B.B. said:

Right? There was always this “rule” that if you don’t have a hit or a large fan base by your second year, your career is deemed to be stagnant with little to no potential to grow. And what’s scary is that it does actually happen, as you said with the 3rd gen groups. But really happy that this generation has turned over a new leaf. OMG and April breaking that tradition. Even NCT with the recent comeback being their highest charting yet, both Dream and 127. SF9 and Golden Child as well. And it seems like ONF will join these groups soon. It’s really refreshing to see!

Yeah, I remember that groups like Girl's Day or EXID were considered "late bloomers" because they had their first major hits in their 3rd year, so it's wild how nowadays groups that debuted 4-5 years ago are blowing up and reaching new peaks with every comeback. Even RV and Mamamoo that debuted 6 years ago had new peaks with Psycho/Hip. BTOB also had their first major hit with Missing You in 2017 (5 years after their debut). NU'EST's career revived after produce, again, 5 years after their debut in 2012. Also, I agree with NCT. People acted as if they were "hopeless" because they didn't have any hit or big sales in the first couple of years like their other SM seniors but they're doing great now even if it's been 4 years since they debuted. ONF is still a relatively recent group (< 3 years) but they've only started to be more well known now and they still have potential to grow.

Edited by hynapia

the song is amazing so this is WELL deserved. 2020 year of GGs!!