Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Read Only Club  ·  5 members

Fighting Trainers
satoori

It's time to select our 6 Pokémons fam!

@Clay @Shut Up And Take My Money @lighterxx @svezaJoanne @Saint Ren @Pessego @MicrowavedTeaforYourSoul @d7thsense @Kai Ackerman

Hi Team Leo,

tenor.gif?itemid=15448595

We need to select 6 Pokémons for the remainder of the event.

By August 3rd, 2pm EDT.

More information can be found here:

Also here's everything we've earned, so far:

We definitely need to have Clefairy, Leopunch Nosepass and personal extra jigglypuff

We need two more that can at least hold its own, what about Abra? And Snoover so we can protect from ice leader too

Also fuck anyone that has a steel Pokémon has a huge advantage based on leaders

• Like 1

Also @satoori sorry for not withdrawing, i actually didn't realize I qas against you lol, i was determined to compete if I clash with anyone rip

This is best team I can create with pokemons we have ,if we follow by original games' dynamics, ours is hugely defensive team, therefore ugh we will depend on leopunch ALOT its great we choose a fighting type tho, probably fairy would be worse since having fairy as secondary Pokémon is easier compared to fighting

I'm bitter there is no steel tho, i wonder which team has steel type

-tries to catch up-

I'd say no Leafeon since there are 2 Elite Fours who are strong against grass types. Since we are only defending I agree with getting Snoover and Nosepass. Maybe Sneasel since it's a dark type.

• Like 2

we have a discord for that , it's easier to discuss there

@Clay i'm going to go eat dinner now. so i'll be gone for a bit. just pm me the link later.  also everyone in the op need access too. thank you so much!

I agree @Shut Up And Take My Money tbh  @satoori how about we remove jigglypuff and get Sneasal, i was hesitant about it since its a pokemon I literally never, never ever use, bcs it has very specific weird skills for me lol (I love my scorbunny thank you very much)

I believe our main issue will come when we try to attack, since nosepass AND snoover are designed defenders, hell nosepass is one of the most legendary defenses I ever saw 

No leafeon since its squishy in original games, AND there is no type its strong against, would love to have evolve option now, I would love to get an umbreon rip

When I wake up I will come to discord as well!!

@MicrowavedTeaforYourSoul we are deciding on pokemons!! Come join us ❤

• Like 1

@lighterxx I don't think we are attacking at all though? From the main Elite Four thread:

Question : Type that are super effective against elite doesn't count?  Just the elite effectiveness count? Cause you didn't put what's effective against the elites, just what is resistant against them.

Nope, we tried to think about it but it would make the point system way too hard to do to have both sides attacking. So only Elites are gonna attack and you'll be in defense!

I know how you feel though I don't really use any of these Pokemon but I know a rock type comes in clutch when you're trying to hang on and heal your star players lol.

@Shut Up And Take My Money Great then otherwise I was about to burst my head thinking omg 

We should be careful about placing leopunch against physic leader tho, its more dangerous for us since its the only pokemon that might get super effective rip

I don't know how this works and what's going on but I'll cheer for our team 

• Love 2

Posted (edited)

Hi.

From what I understand after read the thread, I study the attack defend chart a little and look at our pokedex.

Here is our best defend against elite four (mean our defend will minus 0.8

Less effective/no effect against:

dark.png.8d15d89f284292aef30cbc9eb7e29c57.png leopunch.png.a3072f1ca666e3393dfd8345d5709df6.png - LeoPunch, fighting.png.933383dc0dfc21b57bae008ef92a1e0d.png 035MS.png- Clefairy, fairy.png.510064ebb7ea7b2d29d64d347081b820.png 039MS.png- Jigglypuff, fairy.png.510064ebb7ea7b2d29d64d347081b820.png 215MS.png - Sneasel, dark.png.8d15d89f284292aef30cbc9eb7e29c57.png

ice.png 225MS.png - Delibird, ice.png 459MS.png - Snover, ice.png

psychic.png.c7417a2c6b97dfa8383821663a370660.png:  215MS.png - Sneasel, dark.png.8d15d89f284292aef30cbc9eb7e29c57.png 

flying.png299MS.png - Nosepass, rock.png

Here is pokemon we need to avoid using against elite four (mean our defend will minus 1.25)

Weak against:

dark.png.8d15d89f284292aef30cbc9eb7e29c57.png063MS.png- Abra, psychic.png.c7417a2c6b97dfa8383821663a370660.png 200MS.png- Misdreavus, ghost.png.bca5e737f77b0b184495dabb22011098.png

ice.png470MS.png- Leafeon, grass.png.ad1ee45273e9fcb5d30e1375d95d22fc.png 027MS.png- Sandshrew, ground.png  084MS.png- Doduo flying.png 163MS.png- Hoothoot flying.png 147MS.png- Dratini, dragon.png.6426b2b758224ee89a15f2f7d111cf28.png

psychic.png.c7417a2c6b97dfa8383821663a370660.png:   leopunch.png.a3072f1ca666e3393dfd8345d5709df6.png - LeoPunch, fighting.png.933383dc0dfc21b57bae008ef92a1e0d.png 029MS.png- Nidoran♀, poison.png 023MS.png- Ekans, poison.png

flying.png:   leopunch.png.a3072f1ca666e3393dfd8345d5709df6.png - LeoPunch, fighting.png.933383dc0dfc21b57bae008ef92a1e0d.png 470MS.png - Leafeon, grass.png.ad1ee45273e9fcb5d30e1375d95d22fc.png 013MS.png- Weedle, bug.png 

Based on these, LeoPunch may good against dark but bad against psychic and flying. If we put out LeoPunch we still have Sneasel, Clefairy and Jigglypuff to cover. Taking LeoPunch out mean we have 6 pokemon to use. From this, except LeoPunch, I think our lineup against elite for are solid, especially none of them are giving minus 1.25 against elite four.

215MS.png - Sneasel, dark.png.8d15d89f284292aef30cbc9eb7e29c57.png 035MS.png- Clefairy, fairy.png.510064ebb7ea7b2d29d64d347081b820.png 039MS.png- Jigglypuff, fairy.png.510064ebb7ea7b2d29d64d347081b820.png 

225MS.png - Delibird, ice.png 459MS.png - Snover, ice.png 299MS.png - Nosepass, rock.png

From what I see no stats about high HP or special attack/defend use. If no other stats from pokemon actual game use, I think this lineup is good enough.

That is all I can help. 

Edited by svezaJoanne
Added reasoning.
  • Like 3

@Clay i see a general oh events discord, but i don't see a section for the teams to discuss this specfic game(?) then again maybe i'm confuse...TT

i'm just going to stay here for now^^

@svezaJoanne  you're suggesting to not use leopunch. @Shut Up And Take My Money and @lighterxx thoughts?

3 minutes ago, satoori said:

@svezaJoanne  you're suggesting to not use leopunch. @Shut Up And Take My Money and @lighterxx thoughts?

Yes. Because LeoPunch is weak against 2 elites. We will lose HP more that way. Besides, even if we without LeoPunch against dark elite, we still have Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Sneasel to minimize loss HP against dark elite.

Just now, svezaJoanne said:

Yes. Because LeoPunch is weak against 2 elites. We will lose HP more that way. Besides, even if we without LeoPunch against dark elite, we still have Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Sneasel to minimize loss HP against dark elite.

then i say we go with your 6 picks!

unless someone can make a better argument, of course

• Like 1

how do we quote on clubs ?
svezajoanne's list is exactly what I ended up choosing as well
Nosepass for the rock advantage
both Ice (Delibird + Snover) for the advantage of 0.8 and no other HP loss from any team

Sneasel our only dark pokemon in bag

and then both fairy (Jigglypuff + Clefairy) because leopunch is good against 1 elite but bad against 2 elites, same for Psychic 1 1

let's wait before letting the events team know tho, who knows if something happens during the time till Monday

@satoori ask koya to give you the leopunch tag, then you'll see the fighter trainers cord channel ,it's secret

• Like 1

From what I understand, regardless of type, we don't have HP advantage as everyone start with 100 HP so I feel I provide fair enough line-up so we have minimum loss HP (mean minus 1 or 0.8 HP only for every elite we face).

I notice in Arena Battles, we have badges to win that give advantage during Elite Four round. Maybe that give less damage given that we don't attack.

I also notice they mention if one pokemon K.O then other will get more damage. We need better explanation on this, but I think the order of pokemon we use against Elite Four don't matter?

What everyone think?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, svezaJoanne said:

From what I understand, regardless of type, we don't have HP advantage as everyone start with 100 HP so I feel I provide fair enough line-up so we have minimum loss HP (mean minus 1 or 0.8 HP only for every elite we face).

I notice in Arena Battles, we have badges to win that give advantage during Elite Four round. Maybe that give less damage given that we don't attack.

I also notice they mention if one pokemon K.O then other will get more damage. We need better explanation on this, but I think the order of pokemon we use against Elite Four don't matter?

What everyone think?

🤔I don't think the order matter either. However if it do then maybe we should take the rest of this conversation to a PM instead to talk in detail about the strategy. 

There's discord, but for those who are more comfortable with OH, I'll create a team PM now.

@Clay @Shut Up And Take My Money @lighterxx @svezaJoanne @Saint Ren @Pessego @MicrowavedTeaforYourSoul @d7thsense @Kai Ackerman