OneHallyu

I feel like kpop has gotten too boring now.

I just meant idols in general. Can't say anything without being attacked. Can wear something without being attacked. Can't look at the finger nails without being attack. Can't be friends with other idols without being attacked. Can't read a book without being attacked. Hell even as fans you can't say I didn't like that song without being attacked. Also songs are sounding the same now. Some songs I like but man those are few and far between. Maybe i'm getting old but like i'm only turning 24. jesus.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Tea 2
54 minutes ago, LuckyLuna said:

I just meant idols in general. Can't say anything without being attacked. Can wear something without being attacked. Can't look at the finger nails without being attack. Can't be friends with other idols without being attacked. Can't read a book without being attacked. Hell even as fans you can't say I didn't like that song without being attacked. Also songs are sounding the same now. Some songs I like but man those are few and far between. Maybe i'm getting old but like i'm only turning 24. jesus.

True also literally anything they say or do get amplified about 20x times more than western artists, be it a good or bad thing. And big part of the criticism is done by international fans themselves that for some reason have nothing to say when a western artist does something similar or even worse. They feed the toxic culture that kpop already have, that's hella burdening to idols, and yet complain about few moments later. That's one of the reasons I keep distancing myself from kpop culture.

5 hours ago, LuckyLuna said:

I agree that you can't say anything nowadays without fandoms getting extremely defensive, also the "cancel culture" is annoying af, but isn't that precisely what petty drama is? I mean, stan twitter is literally always full of drama because someone says something remotely negative about X group/idol and the fans start arguing, the OP and their followers start arguing back and everything is a mess, so that literally counts as the petty/messy drama that you want.

I agree that a little bit of conflict would be nice. Because it’s genuine. Conflict is a part of life, and often times it can help us be better people or do better work. Everyone pretending like everything is sunshine and rainbows is just so lame. I’m very much over it which is why I’ve given up on non-musical content in kpop.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I like K-Pop as is. It's a genre with its own charm and I hope it stays that way.

What keeps me into K-Pop is not necessarily the new songs (or new artists). It's part of the reason but not the entire reason. I also like to go back and listen to the K-Pop songs that I fell in love with however long ago it was. Older songs in particular, if I haven't heard them in a while, they sound new to me when I hear them again...As if it's my first time, those same feelings come back to me. I create my playlists and edit the playlists by removing songs I'm tired of and adding songs that I want to listen to. If I really like a song I'll keep it in the playlist and sometimes loop it. At some point I'll empty out the playlist and create a new one. I have different playlists for different moods so there's always something for me to listen to. I never get bored and K-Pop never becomes stale to me.

15 hours ago, Digiwon said:

True also literally anything they say or do get amplified about 20x times more than western artists, be it a good or bad thing. And big part of the criticism is done by international fans themselves that for some reason have nothing to say when a western artist does something similar or even worse. They feed the toxic culture that kpop already have, that's hella burdening to idols, and yet complain about few moments later. That's one of the reasons I keep distancing myself from kpop culture.

The western music based ifandom being hypocrites on that one. And yep i noticed that those mofos are 10 times harder on kpop stars than they are on their western music faves.

The same shit they praise their western artists on (being outspoken) gets a kpop star bashed by the same fools. 

Edited by PockyAddict1989
  • Like 1