Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Idol Agencies Power Ranking

Posted (edited)

1. Yuehua Ent. 

2. Star48

3. OACA

4. Star Master

5. TF Ent. 

6. Jaywalk Newjoy

7. Mountain Top 

8. Hot Idol

9. Wajijiwa

10. TH Ent.

Edited by 5201314
  • LOL 1

- Yuehua still 1st despite not winning in survival shows in 2020 (altho Wenxuan might win in We Are Young). 
- Respect to OACA for rising to 3rd w/o mentoring/winning survival shows in 2020  
- Wang Yijin hardcarrying for Jaywalk Newjoy bc idt BEST made much of an impact 
(unless they included their top artists like Yang Mi and Dilreba in their computations) .  
- Jiayi 5th in UNINE but the only member appearing in this ranking for Star Master 
- Mountaintop beating WJJW w/ just Xiaotong and Snow Kong and no rep artists 
(unless they included top artists like Zhou Dongu in their computations) .  
- Hot Idol rising thanks to Guanlin's drama and Sally's win.  
- Chen Zhuoxuan hardcarrying for TH Ent bc idt ALIBI made much of an impact 
 (unless they included their top artists in their computations)

I'm really shocked at OACA at #3. Last time I checked out they only had Li Zixuan and Awaken-F under them and it's not like they were killing it. What happened to Banana? It used to be around Yuehua level 2 years ago. Also other companies that were decently popular during idol producer 1 like Mavericks, Gramarie, etc are nowhere to be found either. I expected TF to be higher as well.

19 hours ago, namidaone said:

- Yuehua still 1st despite not winning in survival shows in 2020 (altho Wenxuan might win in We Are Young). 
- Respect to OACA for rising to 3rd w/o mentoring/winning survival shows in 2020  
- Wang Yijin hardcarrying for Jaywalk Newjoy bc idt BEST made much of an impact 
(unless they included their top artists like Yang Mi and Dilreba in their computations) .  
- Jiayi 5th in UNINE but the only member appearing in this ranking for Star Master 
- Mountaintop beating WJJW w/ just Xiaotong and Snow Kong and no rep artists 
(unless they included top artists like Zhou Dongu in their computations) .  
- Hot Idol rising thanks to Guanlin's drama and Sally's win.  
- Chen Zhuoxuan hardcarrying for TH Ent bc idt ALIBI made much of an impact 
 (unless they included their top artists in their computations)

I think Zuo Ye might be in the final group of We are Young because he's been top 7 from the beginning but I'm still really surprised because OACA wasn't nearly as popular before and now they're top 3. I wonder where that growth comes from.

14 hours ago, hynapia said:

I'm really shocked at OACA at #3. Last time I checked out they only had Li Zixuan and Awaken-F under them and it's not like they were killing it. What happened to Banana? It used to be around Yuehua level 2 years ago. Also other companies that were decently popular during idol producer 1 like Mavericks, Gramarie, etc are nowhere to be found either. I expected TF to be higher as well.

13 hours ago, hynapia said:

I think Zuo Ye might be in the final group of We are Young because he's been top 7 from the beginning but I'm still really surprised because OACA wasn't nearly as popular before and now they're top 3. I wonder where that growth comes from.

Yea I forgot that Zuo Yue is OACA, tx for correcting me. 
I also remembered that He Changxi won in YWY S1  (UNINE 9th place) . 
Idk why his name wasn't listed in the "rep artists" or "successful debut" column tho, maybe bc he has less activities compared to  Qin Fen and Zixuan?  
Speaking of them, it turns out both Qin Fen and Zixuan had music and drama/variety activities in 2019-2020 
Qin Fen - Lipstick Prince S2 (regular), Delusional MOMO (lead), collab single w/ Jackson,  Most promising Singer of the Year (Fresh Asia Music Awards 2019) 
Zixuan - Back to Field S3 (guest), Dream Space 2 (regular),  Dance Smash (contestant) , solo singles, songs w/ Gale Girls, and collab songs w/ various artists
Guess it shows that even non-winning trainees of popular idol draft shows can be as active as the winners (maybe even more active) 
as long as they gained decent exposure and a loyal fandom from the show, and have good management. 
--
Banana used to be high but not as high as Yuehua's and that was during Idol Producer - Produce China S1 era. 
Their trainees didn't win in the later seasons, iirc. 
Also the founder Wang Sicong has a lot of debt and lost a lawsuit so he's restricted by the court to spend money only on "life's necessities".  [x
This may not affect their popular idols like Lin Yanjun, You Changjing, and Fujing, but it might have affected Tangram and therest of their trainees. 
--
Yeah I'm surprised Gramarie wasn't listed bc Xiao Gui ,Yanchen and Xingjie had activities and endorsements in 2019-2020.  
Maybe their trainees not winning or reaching Top20 in the later seasons affected their ranking 
As for Mavericks, rumor is it collapsed and Li Xikan, Luo Zheng, and Yao Chi are in a contract dispute against them,
[x]

2 hours ago, namidaone said:

Yea I forgot that Zuo Yue is OACA, tx for correcting me. 
I also remembered that He Changxi won in YWY S1  (UNINE 9th place) . 
Idk why his name wasn't listed in the "rep artists" or "successful debut" column tho, maybe bc he has less activities compared to  Qin Fen and Zixuan?  
Speaking of them, it turns out both Qin Fen and Zixuan had music and drama/variety activities in 2019-2020 
Qin Fen - Lipstick Prince S2 (regular), Delusional MOMO (lead), collab single w/ Jackson,  Most promising Singer of the Year (Fresh Asia Music Awards 2019) 
Zixuan - Back to Field S3 (guest), Dream Space 2 (regular),  Dance Smash (contestant) , solo singles, songs w/ Gale Girls, and collab songs w/ various artists
Guess it shows that even non-winning trainees of popular idol draft shows can be as active as the winners (maybe even more active) 
as long as they gained decent exposure and a loyal fandom from the show, and have good management. 
--
Banana used to be high but not as high as Yuehua's and that was during Idol Producer - Produce China S1 era. 
Their trainees didn't win in the later seasons, iirc. 
Also the founder Wang Sicong has a lot of debt and lost a lawsuit so he's restricted by the court to spend money only on "life's necessities".  [x
This may not affect their popular idols like Lin Yanjun, You Changjing, and Fujing, but it might have affected Tangram and therest of their trainees. 
--
Yeah I'm surprised Gramarie wasn't listed bc Xiao Gui ,Yanchen and Xingjie had activities and endorsements in 2019-2020.  
Maybe their trainees not winning or reaching Top20 in the later seasons affected their ranking 
As for Mavericks, rumor is it collapsed and Li Xikan, Luo Zheng, and Yao Chi are in a contract dispute against them,
[x]

Ooh thank you for such a long and detailed explanation. It makes a lot of sense for OACA to be so high then, if some of their artists have been so active in drama/variety shows that after all it makes more income than just music after all. Do you know what happened with Awaken-F though? I really liked the group even tho their music wasn't that great. And you're right, sometimes non-winners of the show are more active than people that made it to the final group, especially the ones in the top 20-30 gained fans and exposure enough to stay active.

Omg I didn't have any idea of the Banana situation but it makes sense now because I literally only hear of Yanjun and Zhangjing but nothing about Tangram. To think they were literally the second most popular company after Yuehua in idol producer/china 101 era...

As for Mavericks, that explains why Li Xikan and Luo Jie went to we are young as "independent trainees" and not representing Mavericks. Luo Jie had to withdraw due to an injury or something, but Li Xikan at least is gonna debut in this group for sure because he always rank #1.

So many shitty companies on top...

• Tea 2
  • Clown 1