Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
marin karin

Which cheeses do you like in your grilled cheese sandwiches?

I have not experimented a lot, I have tried Swiss but I still prefer American cheese. How about you?

4 minutes ago, Trashie said:

I'm not a big fan of cheese but if anything I prefer the white cheese more 

Where are you from?

Ive only had it w american cheese

Also i dunno if theres diff in white & yellow american cheese but last time i had it was w yellow n it slapped. My aunt who made it told me they just buy yellow cheese for that. Maybe she has a point

You gotta do a mix.  Something for flavor (e.g swiss, cheddar, sm. gouda), something for meltiness (e.g moz, prov, american), something for texture (e.g blue, brie, parm).  Pick a couple that differ in flavor and texture, add a good melter, grill it up low = perfect grilled cheese

• Like 1

I think the OG way is with American cheese - which tends to be yellow.

examples:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Even the packaging showcase grilled cheese.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trashie said:

USA

Skinny! I wish I did not like cheese. It’s one of my weaknesses. I want to be skinny like you.

26 minutes ago, the boyz kingdom said:

Ive only had it w american cheese

Also i dunno if theres diff in white & yellow american cheese but last time i had it was w yellow n it slapped. My aunt who made it told me they just buy yellow cheese for that. Maybe she has a point

Yeah I eat it with yellow. I have only had the white American on a subway sandwich, it’s good but I suspect on grilled cheese the yellow is better like you said.

Cheddar and shredded mozzarella. The mozz helps everything be really melty and stick together  

I have yet to find a cheese that I didn't like on a sandwich.

mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, swiss cheese, american cheese, parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, monterey jack cheese, colby cheese, blue cheese, edam cheese....I think I have a problem...

• Love 1