OneHallyu

[UCC] SM’s New Girl Group Is Potentially Named “LYFE” as new trademark emerges

(Source: Allkpop)

SM has previously announced plans to debut their upcoming girl group this summer, and a new trademark may not only further confirm those plans, but showcase what their name is.

From the looks of it, the new girl group will be named LYFE.

It is unknown how many members will be in the group or what their concept will be so far. However we know that this will in fact be a multinational girl group.

4 of the potential members being Hina (Japanese), NingNing (Chinese), Jimin (Korean), & Helen (Korean-Australian). 

This will be SM’s first girl group in 6 years, with their latest being Red Velvet.

Look forward to the new girl groups debut.

7 minutes ago, Serena25 said:

I don't like it, I really don't. 

I'm excited for their debut anyway, even though I'm still bitter about Lami.

I'm still bitter about Yiyang, Lami, Koeun, Herin. All of them. That's pretty sad they won't be debuting.

• Like 4

I don't like it but I say that fully realising that if this is the group's name we'll probably get used to it. I remember people saying the same about Red Velvet. And when it was still up, I read through the onehallyu SNSD thread, the first one which started in 2005-2006. When the name SNSD was announced, everyone hated it. SNSD, for those who aren't aware, doesn't translate directly to 'Girls' Generation', it 'Era of the Maiden', which back then a lot of people found stuffy and old fashioned (even the SNSD members). But it became normalised. So while I don't like it now, after debut, I could absolutely see #livingforlyfe trending and finding it completely normal. Basically tl;dr not for me but I'm fullying expecting SM to change my mind.

• Tea 4
1 hour ago, MightyBee said:

It look too similar to Lyft lol.

Are the girls all new trainees since the well know one left? 

IDK why but for some reason I want to pronounce it as "leaves" LOL

Hina is still there from mmc - the oldest known trainee since 2011/2012 and Ningning who was introduced late 2016

theres also a trainee named Jimin who appeared in taemins Want mv and promotions as the female dancer from last year

thats all people really know of 

Edited by krystalice
8 hours ago, Ash3070 said:

I don't like it but I say that fully realising that if this is the group's name we'll probably get used to it. I remember people saying the same about Red Velvet. And when it was still up, I read through the onehallyu SNSD thread, the first one which started in 2005-2006. When the name SNSD was announced, everyone hated it. SNSD, for those who aren't aware, doesn't translate directly to 'Girls' Generation', it 'Era of the Maiden', which back then a lot of people found stuffy and old fashioned (even the SNSD members). But it became normalised. So while I don't like it now, after debut, I could absolutely see #livingforlyfe trending and finding it completely normal. Basically tl;dr not for me but I'm fullying expecting SM to change my mind.

I feel the same. It depends how they stylise it, design the logo, create the vibe etc. 

And honestly it is already better than gugudan, weki meki, weeekly and other bizzare gg names