Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
namidaone

[Youku] We Are Young 2020 (All For One S2) Show Thread **Ep9 Sub + Ep10 Finale Raw Out **

Posted (edited)

EVEbQSlU0AY847E?format=jpg
We Are Young is an idol trainee survival show broadcast by Youku in 2020. 
Native Title: 少年之名
Also Known As: Shao Nian Zhi Ming 
Prequel: All For One 
Start Date: June 26 2020 
Broadcast Schedule: Thursdays 8PM CST (VIP); Fridays 8PM CST (non-VIP)  

*Show Mentors*   
Director Mentor - Guo Jingming 
Vocal Mentor - Hu Yanbin (aka Tiger Hu) 
Dance Mentors - Cheng Xiao (aka Sung Soo of WJSN) , Han Yu 

Youth Explorers (aka Guest Mentors):  
Yi Yang Qian Xi (aka Jackson Yi of TF Boys)  
Wang Jia Er (aka Jackson Wang of GOT7) 
Chung Hon Leun (aka Wallace Chung) 

EbRcOXfUEAI5Sht?format=jpg

*Youth Special Training Team*  
Youth Producer - Zhang Yixing (aka Lay of Exo)
Dance Trainers - Franklin, Liu Jun  
Rap Trainer - Vava 
Vocal Trainer - Tan Zhou 

Official show link (Youku) *VIP access required* : x

Episode list:  
Ep 1 Raw (Yt) x | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 2 Raw (Yt) x | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 3 Raw (Yt) x | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 4 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 5 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 6 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 7 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 8 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep 9 Raw (Yt) 1 2 | Eng Sub (Dm) x 
Ep10 Finale Raw (Yt) x

Official overseas sns 

Edited by namidaone
Ep9 sub; Ep10 (finale) raw link
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dance Mentor Cheng Xiao's guide ver of We are Young Theme Song 

Zuo Linjie (center of We Are Young theme song) trended in Weibo when ep 2 aired 
Even Korean media outlets posted abt him bc his agency is an FNC subsidiary in China. 

His official One Take fancam of the theme song: x 
----- 
Looking for volunteers to be the new OP for this thread. 
There's tons of content left to be posted, unfortunately i don't have the spare time to wait XX hrs to put up another post 
to avoid dp /spam rules.  
In the meantime, please post content/reactions abt We Are Young here.  
It doesn't have to be deep/constructive,  even a quick "Ep/Mentor/Trainee XX is good/meh/bad"  reply is fine,  
just so i can post another update quickly w/o breaking dp / spam rules.  

Edited by namidaone
formatting

Posted (edited)

*Reserved for Mentor Clips/Interviews*  
We Are Young Special Mentors Preview 

----- 
Youth Explorer (Guest Mentor) Yi Yangqianxi (TF Boys Jackson Yi)  Interview 

----- 
Special Rap Trainer Vava Interview 

Dance Mentor Cheng Xiao Interview 

Edited by namidaone
added Vava, Cheng Xiao interview

Posted (edited)

ep4 part 1 raw out! 🥳 

Edited by namidaone
fixed yt link; ep 4 part 1 clarification

Posted (edited)

Ep4 Part 2 Raw and Ep5 Raw out! 
Ep4 Part 2 Raw 

----- 
Ep5 part1 Raw 

Edited by namidaone
ep 5 part 1 clarification

ep5 part2 RAW and ep4 SUB out! 🥳 
----- 
ep5 part2 RAW 

----- 
ep4 sub 

• Like 1

Ep7 Part1 Raw is up! 

Part 2 of this ep is the elimination so may your faves' odds be ever in your favor 🙏 

I don't know how I missed the start of this show, but I have caught up by watching all English subbed episodes in less than a week!  A little obsessive.  There should be more chatter about it.  There's lots of trainees from Idol Producer 1 and Qing Chun You Ni and some really likeable new faces.  

Thanks namidaone for the thread updates.

Cute vid I saw this morning:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Okay I've finally arrived! Im hea! Im ready to start watching this

Episode 1 part 2

TUH BITCH..them trainees are LUCKY that Fan Yu had to jet after the 1st episode HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A FUCKING MENACE BIH!

A MASSACRE WOULD'VE ENSUED ON THIS SHOW! PERIOD.

He has legitimately been my fave thus far..he knocked my guy Zhenhao right into 2nd place. Umm the guy prior gui shaopeng..as weell as chanmao his name was? chenmao? Listen I can't remember his name but the group that went after the 1st group that performed love shot (btw.. yibo or whatever his name is the tallest of the 1st group the one that stood last when the other 2 stood for wanting to go first didn't deserve to get into the debuting group over that other guy and that's on period and im glad cheng xiao knew it.. lol..) the guy who wasn;t mentioned until the last moment and they made him cry him.. yeah can't remember his name but he was IMMACULATE HONEY! (hopped on twitter and I think his name is Yang Chaowen..IMMACULATE).

Also a shout out to the guitarist from fan yu/felix fan's group his voice (though sir needs to know his vocal range.. it int up there honey) is delectable, his timber and his tone? beautiful if it wasn't for felix fan he would've stolen the show.. the keyboardist guy his voice gives me kyuhyun-ish vibes.

Anyway FELIX FAN WOULD'VE ATE this entire show up.. it's a PITY for real.. lol... damn.

Luo Jei and Zaixi ... damn trying to remember all of these names is gonan be loll

Edited by MelanatedBeauty
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MelanatedBeauty said:

Okay I've finally arrived! Im hea! Im ready to start watching this

Episode 1 part 2

TUH BITCH..them trainees are LUCKY that Fan Yu had to jet after the 1st episode HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A FUCKING MENACE BIH!

A MASSACRE WOULD'VE ENSUED ON THIS SHOW! PERIOD.

Also a shout out to the guitarist from fan yu/felix fan's group his voice (though sir needs to know his vocal range.. it int up there honey) is delectable, his timber and his tone? beautiful if it wasn't for felix fan he would've stolen the show.. the keyboardist guy his voice gives me kyuhyun-ish vibes.

Anyway FELIX FAN WOULD'VE ATE this entire show up.. it's a PITY for real.. lol... damn.

Luo Jei and Zaixi ... damn trying to remember all of these names is gonan be loll

I forgot about Fan Yu.  That's the problem with binge watching.  His voice was amazing and stable.  It's a shame really.

Also you're right that guitarist Li Zaixi.  How can he have gone through so much music study and still not tell when he's not on key?

===============================================================================================================

This video has English subs. Around 4:36 is when the funnier questions start:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mainlay said:

I forgot about Fan Yu.  That's the problem with binge watching.  His voice was amazing and stable.  It's a shame really.

Also you're right that guitarist Li Zaixi.  How can he have gone through so much music study and still not tell when he's not on key?

===============================================================================================================

Thank you! And yeah Li Zaixi! His voice and runs?! BUTTER! One thing as well is he needs to know when to do runs and how long to do them for like when the guy used the priority card on him (honestly speaking he should've been in the passing group without a priority card but that's neither here nor there) he lied about his second performance being better than his 1st and here's why, even though he cracked the energy he was projecting during his initial performance was comfortable, star appeal, how to explain it? It was just AMAZING energy that really connected with the senses whereas for his priority performance as a viewer I felt very uneasy, nervous and not nervous FOR him but nervous in the sense of the energy he was projecting. It was that anxiety type feeling. I keep saying for artist the ENERGY you project to the audience is important if you are jittery they're gonna feel it, you can sing your lungs out have a great performance but honey that energy (emoting without visual aid is a subheading under it as well) determines whether someone is gonna listen to you again or not. This is why great musicians will tell you EXPERIENCES you have to EXPERIENCE certain things in order to be able to convey (or as i said project that energy) certain words, themes etc.. to the standard that is required. We are feeling beings, we are electric beings, letters and how you put them together to form certain words are just vessels for specific energy.

Listen not to toot my own horn but I would be a great judge

Edited by MelanatedBeauty
  • Like 1

Ep8 Subs up! 

Tomorrow is finale night, so may the odds be ever in your faves' favor! 🙏 📿  
Also I'm so happy that I'm not the onl one posting here! ydk how lonely I felt here for more than a month 😭 

On 8/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, mainlay said:

@mainlay thanks for posting those clips! esp the top5 fanmeet full clip bc I only found incomplete parts of it twt 
Yea this show deserves more attention/chatter from ppl esp those who follow idol survival shows.
but I guess after Youth with You S2 and Produce Camp 2020 ppl prolly wanted to take a break. 
Good thing that We Are Young 2020 is the boys ver and not girls ver bc otherwise even less ppl would tune in.
But on the bright side it looks like the ratings/popularity is better compared to All For One in terms of twts/votes  
And the final debut grp is rumored to be getting more activities in the future, like variety show, Gou Jingming's dramas/mvs,  etc 

19 hours ago, MelanatedBeauty said:

Thank you! And yeah Li Zaixi! His voice and runs?! BUTTER! One thing as well is he needs to know when to do runs and how long to do them for like when the guy used the priority card on him (honestly speaking he should've been in the passing group without a priority card but that's neither here nor there) he lied about his second performance being better than his 1st and here's why, even though he cracked the energy he was projecting during his initial performance was comfortable, star appeal, how to explain it? It was just AMAZING energy that really connected with the senses whereas for his priority performance as a viewer I felt very uneasy, nervous and not nervous FOR him but nervous in the sense of the energy he was projecting. It was that anxiety type feeling. I keep saying for artist the ENERGY you project to the audience is important if you are jittery they're gonna feel it, you can sing your lungs out have a great performance but honey that energy (emoting without visual aid is a subheading under it as well) determines whether someone is gonna listen to you again or not. This is why great musicians will tell you EXPERIENCES you have to EXPERIENCE certain things in order to be able to convey (or as i said project that energy) certain words, themes etc.. to the standard that is required. We are feeling beings, we are electric beings, letters and how you put them together to form certain words are just vessels for specific energy.

@MelanatedBeauty 
Yeah Felix would have prolly made it far if he didn't have problems w/ his (ex?)company 
Hopefully he pulls a Cai Xukun and auditions for Youth with You S3 or Produce Camp 2021 bc even w/ his face covered he slayed in this audition 
Ooo Luo Jie, Yang Chaowen, and Li Zaixi! I won't spoil their fates but I can say that they'll be getting addl screentime in future eps
Binge watch faster bc I wanna see u serve tea abt the next eps. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 1:45 PM, MelanatedBeauty said:

I'd love to here your thoughts as you progress through the show.  You would be a good judge 😉

5 hours ago, namidaone said:

@mainlay thanks for posting those clips! esp the top5 fanmeet full clip bc I only found incomplete parts of it twt 
Yea this show deserves more attention/chatter from ppl esp those who follow idol survival shows.
but I guess after Youth with You S2 and Produce Camp 2020 ppl prolly wanted to take a break. 
Good thing that We Are Young 2020 is the boys ver and not girls ver bc otherwise even less ppl would tune in.
But on the bright side it looks like the ratings/popularity is better compared to All For One in terms of twts/votes  
And the final debut grp is rumored to be getting more activities in the future, like variety show, Gou Jingming's dramas/mvs,  etc 

You're welcome!  I'm glad that the ratings are good, because I hope some of the trainees that don't make it get a second chance like Li Xikan did.  Really good news if the mv's/activities come true.